A gentleman's wardrobe

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice fedoras, blackhorse,....I love and wear them myself. I never leave the house without one.
I've probably got twenty, most of which are vintage Borsalinos that I've had Graham Thompson re-build for me. Art blocks and re-blocks my straws, you gotta love him,....he's an artist.
Graham does motion picture hats also, all the hats in dozens of movies from Chinatown to Public Enemy and everything in between.

The black fedora in my avatar is one of the only modern hats I have,....a Builtmore Royal that had a great shape right off the rack.

I've got two Akubras also,....super hats!

I love the feel of the old mercury hats. Nothing compares to them.

Hey, you've got my hat!

That Royal Biltmore :king: you're wearing (Black Diamond?) is the same as mine! Looks better on you though.

Of course my little list doesn't count my panama and straw items...one of which Art blocked...and YES he is such a fine guy...a pleaseure to know and work with...and his hats...I hardly ever go out in one without getting an admiring comment. It's funny, the gents like the dark one, the ladies comment on the light one.

Never had a Mercury. Never had a Borsolino.

I'll risk offending you with a self-portrait. My dark Art (so to speak):

105_0575.jpg
[/img]

Very nice!! Very '40's! Been to the Fedora Lounge? I'm HighPockets.

Didn't you post pics of one of your new Fawcett items a long time ago...it was deep, deep blue as I recall? I also remember one that had a band that was the color or peanut butter, or something like that?

hobie1dog":csnzwe02 said:
All my dress shoes are Johnston & Murphy as well. Once a month, my local mens specialty store gets in 100 pairs for $49.95 each
Holy crow, that is a great price for a new pair. 100 each month that is crazy do they sell that many J&M? I really like mine I have three pairs and they are all great, but I recenlty picked up a pair of Church's handmade shoes and they are super cool.

Additionally great hats gentlemen I have a brown Royal Stetson that I wear with tweed, looks like I am going out to the moor lol.

Harlock, I've got a pair of Florshiem dress boots just like those. Had them since '05 and the leather is still great, but they do need to be half-soled. Extremely comfortable, and very sharp. My regular street clothes shoes are soft-soled black Florshiems, the soles make them very functional on slippery floors and sidewalks. I love Florshiem leather, it feels great and looks even better.

Greenleaf":vwa6odch said:
Harlock, I've got a pair of Florshiem dress boots just like those. Had them since '05 and the leather is still great, but they do need to be half-soled. Extremely comfortable, and very sharp. My regular street clothes shoes are soft-soled black Florshiems, the soles make them very functional on slippery floors and sidewalks. I love Florshiem leather, it feels great and looks even better.
I definitely agree. Good to see you Greenleaf! Were you on hiatus?

Yeah, being slacker enough to slack off even on my usual screwing around. Good to be back.

I like my military oxfords,and boots, I want to grab the indiana Jones style fedora along with a austrailian oilskin hat. I already own 2 oilskin dusters. I own a pair of leather sketcher "chuck's" for summer wear as well as a pair of sperry barracuda boat shoes . I have a pair of muck boots for hunting,snow . What mens closet is complete without a pair of Cowboy boots? I have a pair of them as well

I prefer Altama military boots,I kill any normal boots in less than a year,these boots last me for years. I don't go anywhere that requires dressing up often, but I bought military oxfors for that as well. The way I see it is they mark up the boots and shoes which allows them to make even more,which then can but sent to our men and women overseas !

Cuervo, I'll have to remember Altama boots. I wear black work boots when I'm not in my Florsheims, and I destroy them pretty fast with all the walking I do. Have to check the price on them, though. My current boots were on special at Target for thirty bucks and are going strong after about three months, if I'm not mistaken. So hard to find good boots that don't look ridiculous, you know, like tennis shoes have gotten to be. I like only plain-ass black boots, most preferably with a shine on them.

Decided to sell my old motorcycle jacket on EBAY. I've never ridden a bike, and just don't have the attitude for this style anymore. Gabba Gabba we accept you, we accept you, one of us!!

Harlock, are you selling a couple of your Sasieni pipes on Ebay? The background looks familiar...

PipePuffer":6mehx7yk said:
Harlock, are you selling a couple of your Sasieni pipes on Ebay? The background looks familiar...
Yeah, those are mine. This one too.
https://www.brothersofbriar.com/t11679-savinelli-estella-non-pareil

An old shoe store in town is going out of business, 60% off some shoes, including one pair of these in 12D. I think they're about $106 with discount. Too bad that isn't my shoe size and I can't spend any money. I'll pick 'em up if anyone's looking for some really good shoes.

Badass jacket. I used to like leather jackets until I switched to sport coats about ten years ago. Blazers can be worn in just about any weather and have the most functional pocket system, and all the pockets are usually the same no matter what the sport coat. Plus, they look so damn sharp and I love dress clothes. Besides, I got them all from thrift stores for less than four dollars each and you'd never guess by looking.