A Mischievous Resolution: January 2014 - 22nd BoB Bomber Run

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like BH, i neglected to check the board, but PMd Gravel.

I have been on missions since joining. Resolution? Same as last year, and it worked out pretty well. Work on an existing or new board game idea thirty minutes per day and present at least one working concept at a gaming convention. Additionally, send last years project out to the open public testing phase (maybe get it published?).

phew!

Look sharp gents! We are in the final prep phase of this month's bomb and it's going to be a doozy!

gravel":mk6j7sto said:
Look sharp gents! We are in the final prep phase of this month's bomb and it's going to be a doozy!
Everything is ready for launch!  :cheers: 

At the proper time of course.
2786155214_90374b1b0c_o.jpg

Early northern deployment. Check. Bombs Away. May god have pity on his/her soul.

Have almost all of my ordinaryance (thats just for you Josh) ready !

I just have to catch up on the rest of my shopping... we are going to grill this sucker!

I was uncertain if I should launch today or tomorrow. Due to weather considerations, bomb is in the system!

Blackhorse":6c4xkcg3 said:
Ordy Nance? ...yeah! I use to know him.
He is now a television sports announcer using the name Jim Nance.  :clown: 

Gonna pack everything up tonight....will launch the ordinaaaaaannnnccceeee tomorrow

Excellent! I see three birds in the air, one providing cover fire, and more being prepared! I only need one more thing to make this perfect before launch.

Mwahahahahaha!

Tomorrow!  :twisted: :twisted: 

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Yop62wQH498" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Oh yeah, I'll be picking a resolution tonight. Feel free to add one even if you are a bomber who missed the mission cut off.

Plot twist: I won't announce who I pick. You'll just have to wait and see.  :twisted: 

Hey, thanks for the opportunity on the resolution thing!

I've flown in all the missions til this one when not paying attention as well as I should cost me that privilage.

In thinking about a resolution for myself I looked at several sources for inspiration. Among these was Lodro Rinsler. Look him up..

He suggested that if you say, “I want to lose weight,” or, “I want to get a better job,” those are things that you could or could not do. So the question becomes “Why do you want those things?” Often we set resolutions for ourselves without any real knowledge of what we are actually hoping to achieve. Will losing weight or having a better job really turn us into the person we want to be?

Perhaps the better thing to do for a New Year’s resolution would be to think through a quality such as kindness (my personal target for 2014), or maybe compassion or generosity, etc.—something I can cultivate regularly—and have my life revolve around that. I can still do those other things, practicing compassion and generosity wherever possible.

But you could also look at this quality that you want to cultivate in all areas of your life. What does it mean for you to be more kind to your family? To your friends? When you go out on a Friday night? As you can see, if there’s a quality that we want to cultivate in ourselves then that quality can seep into all the various aspects of our life and transform the very essence of who we are. Then we are creating real change in a new year.

So in that way, so that it affects all the nuances of my life and dealings with others...I resolve to have kindness define my life in 2014.

My bird is airborne. I've received confirmation from multiple pilots that they have left their respective runways.

Fantastic!