Bulldog Pics

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frost":65mlkvdx said:
Harlock my good fellow, you don't just have a thing for bulldogs...you have a thing for fantastic bulldogs.

There isn't a single pipe in this thread that I haven't been impressed by, which is saying alot for bulldogs in particular. It's a shape that can easily go wrong to my tastes, but every one of these is most definitely right.

It seems you've a good hand with the camera and eye for color and scenery too. Very nice photos.

Do please leave a couple of nice doggies for the rest of us bud, will ya? :lol!: :cheers:
Thanks man!
I can't help myself though, they're just too fun to hold and smoke!
And thanks for the compliment on the photography, I really appreciate it.
My secret is...to take hundreds of photos until I get a couple decent ones!

s.ireland":xshgq4tp said:
I'm with Frost. Why should you have all the super sweet bulldogs? :lol!:

All kidding aside, this thread has given me a dangerous case of dog envy... deep breath...lock up wallet...protect me from myself!!!

I saw this one and it has your name all over it, Chris :twisted:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/W-O-LARSEN-9-HANDCUT-HALFBENT-BULLDOG-pipe-UNSMOKED-/280706378952?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item415b676cc8#ht_6429wt_974

Ha!
That one's been on my watch list for a few months now!
I look at it occasionally, and the price holds me back...nice one though.

:cheers: :cheers:

Harlock999":rq9udn92 said:
s.ireland":rq9udn92 said:
I'm with Frost. Why should you have all the super sweet bulldogs? :lol!:

All kidding aside, this thread has given me a dangerous case of dog envy... deep breath...lock up wallet...protect me from myself!!!

I saw this one and it has your name all over it, Chris :twisted:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/W-O-LARSEN-9-HANDCUT-HALFBENT-BULLDOG-pipe-UNSMOKED-/280706378952?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item415b676cc8#ht_6429wt_974

Ha!
That one's been on my watch list for a few months now!
I look at it occasionally, and the price holds me back...nice one though.

:cheers: :cheers:

Yeah, was scanning for dogs on the bay after reading this thread. Thought the same, when I came across this one!

Young briar fan":rq9udn92 said:
What's wrong with a Peterson 80s. Mine is smoldering as we speak, type, read, whatever you call this.

Didn't say anything was wrong with the Pete..it's in my regular rotation, as are all the pipes I own. But there's hardly a comparison, aesthetically, with some of Chris' pipes, no?

My new-ish Ferndown squat bulldog

fern1.png

fern2.png

fern3.png

Didn't say anything was wrong with the Pete..it's in my regular rotation, as are all the pipes I own. But there's hardly a comparison, aesthetically, with some of Chris' pipes, no?[/quote

I know I'm a bulldog fan too. Just playing along. Chris has some excellent pipes!

Funny when I first got into pipes I didnt like bulldogs at all...now I own 2 of them and love them...one of my favorite pipe shapes, I know...weird :lol!:

Young briar fan":nhay95b3 said:
Didn't say anything was wrong with the Pete..it's in my regular rotation, as are all the pipes I own. But there's hardly a comparison, aesthetically, with some of Chris' pipes, no?[/quote

I know I'm a bulldog fan too. Just playing along. Chris has some excellent pipes!
The great thing about Bulldogs is that just like our canine friends, they come in almost every imaginable shape, style and size. I don't think I can think of another shape that has inspired as much variation and interpretation. From classic English, like the above Ferndown, to stylized Danish dogs and stout Irish and Italian pups, it's hard to get bored by this style, not to mention Rhodesians...

And that Ferndown is a nice one, congrats!

I find common bulldog pipes to be somewhat of a bore. That squat Ferndown and the one originally listed has me chinscratchy about if I, too, need to have at least one. I can tell they likely smoke like a dream, they're designed well.

cakeanddottle":ugo1l1av said:
My new-ish Ferndown squat bulldog

fern1.png

fern2.png

fern3.png
Very cool Ferndown. How large is that piece? I don't own a Ferndown yet... Might have to keep an eye out for a nice doggie like that one

I forgot, stupid me, since Yak likes to call it a Rhoadie....my Yakslon is really a pup, me thinks:

IMG_2017.jpg

_MG_3311.jpg

_MG_3315.jpg

Sorry if you've seen it before...

s.ireland":93rmq237 said:
Very cool Ferndown. How large is that piece? I don't own a Ferndown yet... Might have to keep an eye out for a nice doggie like that one
6 1/2" long, about a 1 1/4" bore depth.

Wow, you guys really aren't helping me here. Seems like all I've been looking at lately is bulldogs, and these are some beautiful examples. Looks like I may have to break out the ol' debit card. Harlock, you've got some great pipes and the Ferndown is very nice as well.

skullnbones":odmqgn8t said:
Wow, you guys really aren't helping me here. Seems like all I've been looking at lately is bulldogs, and these are some beautiful examples. Looks like I may have to break out the ol' debit card. Harlock, you've got some great pipes and the Ferndown is very nice as well.
Thank you!
I find this "shape" very intriguing, as it is so open for interpretation. It's also hard to stop at just one...

P.S. Hey deepbass9, I really like that Yakslon! I came very close to buying one just like it from Yuriy. I hope his health improves, especially since people are starting to find out about him. You can always say that you've been smoking Yak since way back!

Harlock999":l9a3s6be said:
Hey deepbass9, I really like that Yakslon! I came very close to buying one just like it from Yuriy. I hope his health improves, especially since people are starting to find out about him.

Yes, I really dig it as well...you've got nothing to be jealous of, though, checking out your briars. The bit work is easily the best I've ever felt. Unbelievably thin, yet very strong. One would think he'd been doing it for a lifetime.

It's very unfortunate what has befallen Yuriy. I actually think of it often...

That Nielsen is beautiful... I've been looking for a nice bulldog myself... Got my eye on a Ben Wade bulldog... we shall see.

Frontkämpfer 72":grqvh99y said:
That Nielsen is beautiful... I've been looking for a nice bulldog myself... Got my eye on a Ben Wade bulldog... we shall see.
Thanks!
That Nielsen smokes as nice as it looks, fortunately.

Got that Ben Wade curved Bulldog I've been eying at my local shop..... I love this pipe... This post made me want to go out and find a nice Bulldog, I'm usually a Danish freehand man....

316084_297752786902572_100000035597655_1326283_264935902_n.jpg

Erik

Frontkämpfer 72":t0gzefnl said:
Got that Ben Wade curved Bulldog I've been eying at my local shop..... I love this pipe... This post made me want to go out and find a nice Bulldog, I'm usually a Danish freehand man....
Gotta say, I really like your pics.
Good stuff!