Dog Days Special Ops August Bombing Mission

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I'm back from my Civil War sites tour of northern Virginia. Bike is unloaded, dirty laundry in the hamper, and a quick meal.

A second wave came through and 'bounced the rubble' in my absence. (Absent again, spouse is not as upset this time, I told her there would probably be some late ones!)

Pictures tomorrow. My apologies to the pilots of the second strike for having to wait so long for recon.

Thanks, Dusty. It was an excellent trip. We rode up to Catoctin Mountain National Park in Maryland and camped at the campground. We used it as a base to visit Gettysburg National Military Park, Harpers Ferry National Park (South Mountain, the prelude to Antietam), Antietam National Military Park and Monocacy National Military Park. Then we rode down Skyline Drive in the Shenandoah National Park, onto the Blue Ridge Parkway where we camped at Peaks of Otter. From there, we rode to Appomattox Courthouse National Military Park, and then back to the Bluegrass State through West Virginia.

But on to the business at hand: Bombings!! :affraid:

A second wave came through. Not as many as the first strike, but they 'bounced the rubble' to make sure any survivors were aware of the strike force capabilities.

When I got back from the ride, this was waiting in the man-cave:

Since I was tired from the trip, they had to wait to be opened (Tick, Tick, Tick). The contents exposed when opened -

A hand-painted mug with an old salt water fisherman smoking a clay pipe.
A generous sample of Stokkebye Luxury Twist Flake.
Two pouches of Super Value aromatics (Incendaries with delay fuses?). I'm very leery of these. :roll:
And,
A Peterson System Pipe (estate), a 307. Quite old, as the shank banding is more acorn shaped than the current production. And the stamping is "Made in the Republic of Ireland". None of my other Petersons have that stamp, just "Peterson of Dublin". It appears to be well loved by a previous owner. I will continue to follow the tradition.

Again, many thanks to the brothers involved in this strike. And when your time comes (if it hasn't already), I'll return the favor. :twisted: