Fundraiser for Zack

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle Weiss

Reaction score
I finally broke down and did this, asking for help for us was HELL, putting this together took all day, practically. I feel kind of embarrassed, but whatever. *sigh* My independent streak has limits, though. As does Zack's.

So, here's the GiveForward page I put together. I omitted the situation with my father and other family members--one thing at a time. Dad's doing okay so far, Zack's grammie with her broken hip is doing okay in the Alzheimer's home, and my four-legged family member's vet trip and recovery is hopefully a thing of the past. Like I told a buddy of mine, I want bumper stickers and shirts that say "I'm Tougher Than 2012." What a year. Criminey.

...in case anyone isn't up to speed, or this seems out of the blue, here's the threads as things progressed:

https://www.brothersofbriar.com/t18390-family?highlight=Family

https://www.brothersofbriar.com/t18498-family-part-ii?highlight=Family

Anyway, here it is... pass it on if you think anyone might be able to help if those reading cannot (and believe me, I understand...it's been a rough year for a LOT of people)...

Thanks, Brothers. Wish us luck. 8)

http://www.giveforward.com/get

(PayPal donations will be enabled soon, by the way...some difficulty getting that arranged...)

I should have replied to this topic when I replied to your fundraisers site enquiry topic, meh, it said this:

Kirk Fitzgerald":v817cpvg said:
Heck Kyle, your situation sucks, you know that if I had money to spare right now i would be sending it your way without hesitation, when a brother needs help his Brothers should help him, swings and roundabouts I always believe.

Kyle, do you have a rough idea on when the paypal option will become active?

Paypal option is now up and running. :)

Thanks, Brothers...kind words are always accepted, too (and free!) 8)

Kyle Weiss":h5pbv6wy said:
Paypal option is now up and running. :)

Thanks, Brothers...kind words are always accepted, too (and free!) 8)
That was easy! Hope things continue to improve for him

"T"

It should be pretty easy, it's my first jump into such things, but the site has been a breeze to put together so far, the support staff is very personal and responsive. We'll see how it goes in a few months! :) It's encouraging.

8)

How long will this be up and operational brother? I have been forced to save to go get my daughter as of late, but would like to help once I can again.

December 19th is the "end date..." It's a day before Zack's mom's birthday, and I figure that would be a good way to end the year, make the Holidays seem a little less bleak and have something to celebrate so we're not selling everything under the sun to pay for medical bills. *shrug* You have plenty of time, Kaiser--and thank you. 8)

No thanks Brother, I haven't done it yet, I will but haven't yet. Even once I do, thats what family is for.

I sometimes wish the world was like BoB. Especially the weird, crazy parts. :lol:

Oh but it is Kyle, we have random acts of kindness, selfish little sh---, awesome friends, and random bombings. Wait....I so hope the world doesn't get more like BoB lol.

I want to see this keep getting bumped, I unfortunately cannot help at the moment but look forward to helping sooner than later as my job prospects shake out.

Wishing you strength and good health.

An idea crossed my path as a PM suggestion that seems like a good one, but I have no idea how to even begin doing such a thing. Something about a pipe raffle...someone donates a pipe or two, collects funds, someone gets an awesome pipe, and the donated money could help. I'm pretty sure it'd be an undertaking much like bombing or something of that nature, so I'm just throwing that out there. I at least have a few pipes I smoke less as they aren't my style, but they're...erm... not exactly "desirable..." :lol:

I don't know. *shrug*

8)

That's a great idea, Kyle!

Come to think of it, Blackhorse was just bombed with a pipe that he's done nothing but gripe and complain about. Maybe he could put it up for Raffle. :mrgreen:

:lol!:

Let's also remember Cartaphilus, he's got a pipe that he would probably donate if he hasn't shipped it back already. :lol:

:lol: Good points.

Anyway, it was just a zygote of an idea. Meh. *shrug* There's enough stuff happening around here. Let's see how my other fundraising ventures turn out.

8)

Kyle Weiss":py77atjg said:
An idea crossed my path as a PM suggestion that seems like a good one, but I have no idea how to even begin doing such a thing. Something about a pipe raffle...someone donates a pipe or two, collects funds, someone gets an awesome pipe, and the donated money could help. I'm pretty sure it'd be an undertaking much like bombing or something of that nature, so I'm just throwing that out there. I at least have a few pipes I smoke less as they aren't my style, but they're...erm... not exactly "desirable..." :lol:

I don't know. *shrug*

8)

FWIW the cigar site I moderate has an auction sub-forum dedicated to just this.

The seller posts an offer of X with and end date/time.

The highest bidder wins, and the seller sends the goods and payment is rendered to the recipient.

Works pretty good IMO.

Cheers,

RR

I have plenty of things to sell that would do better than my crappy pipes. :lol: