Fundraiser for Zack

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blessings on your endeavor to raise the needed funds. Keep pressing on brother.

Good luck with the fundraiser Kyle - best wishes again for Zack's recovery.

Fraternally

Jers

I should be bumpin' it myself, but... eek. Busy week caretaking while Zack's folks are out on vacation. Taking care of their whole house (lots of watering, cleaning, etc). Then I stuck my chin out and wanted to solve the mystery bomber situation? *sigh*

:lol:

Thanks you guys. 8)

Well, our day got made today because we are within a sniff of reaching $1,000 so far. Zack's beside himself, and he couldn't believe it when I pointed out BoB was a BIG part of this.

http://www.giveforward.com/get

"You mean, people on the Internet, that you've never met, are helping me out?" He was baffled. He knows i spend jealousy-inducing amounts of time on BoB, but he figured it was just "another site." Skepticism stymied (a rare event), he just said, "Tell them I said a very serious 'thank you...'..."

...so there ya have it. Job well done, fellas. Thank you, yet again.

"It's not how you know people, it's knowing the good ones in any capacity," I told him. He agreed completely.

He owns three pipes and smokes them on occasion, and tonight will be one in celebration to a very heartfelt milestone.

It's really easing up our stresses, Brothers, and even I'm humbled by you all.

8)

Don't worry, Kyle. We'll get you well over the thousand dollar mark! Hang tight.

To tell you the truth, $1,000 is like a million right now... we didn't even expect to get that. :lol:

Not to be pessimistic, but we just figured, "Oh well a few hundred bucks would be so cool, it's worth a try."

Looks like you're over now, and just think, payday for those on monthly paychecks is coming up :D

STOP BEING SO DANG GENEROUS! ALL OF YOU! :lol:

:heart:

You're making me have faith in humanity and the Internet. For that matter, Sasquatch is also real (and makes nice pipes). What's next, Loch Ness dancing with pandas? :scratch:

:lol

Thanks you guys.

Just bumping this a little... thanks to all of you, contributors, and future contributors. 8)

Reposted from Friday via the fundraiser...a bright spot.

Zack's appointment with his doctors yesterday revealed he's healing up tremendously, and his physical therapy is going perfect. He was given the all-clear to start learning how to walk again and trying to put weight on the right leg, little by little.

"When I try to put any weight on my
leg it feels like I weigh 50 tons...it's so weird..." said Zack repeatedly.

He is also getting the go to start stretching out his hand and wrist to get it working a little more normally again. As always, there's fear and concerns about "how much better" Zack will get, but the doctors were right in saying that it's really up to Zack. Fortunately, he is up to the task!

Just thought I'd share the good news. :)

MORE GOOD NEWS! (...posted to give me something to do and...update the Brothers)

I took Zack to Physical Therapy again today, and we spent some time together driving around and doing errands--long story short: He practically walked.

Not kidding. He was doing so well after only two sessions of PT, the therapist scratched his chin, took Zack by the elbow and said, "I'm going to set the pace, but we're going to walk, use me as support, but try to keep up."

Zack was 3/4 walking. He really was. It was kind of an awkward walk, but he didn't use anything but another person. I had to kind of bottle up my emotions a little. I pretty much fell apart once we got back to the truck, but... it's been a long road. I earned a good weep.

So, I have to head out of town to do some work, and it was just the thing I needed. We're going to get a good foldable cane and one crutch for him to try out, and there's probably a baseball glove and ball in store for us to continue therapy when I get back. (If anyone has finds any of those thing on the cheap, thrift store or something, grab 'em, I'll pay you back... :) )

I'm thrilled by the progress, and thank you all, especially those who have donated to us so far. If you know anyone that like sto help out, spread the word (or re-spread the word) of this fundraiser! It really does help us. Strangers have been pretty darned kind.

Awesome news!!!!! you guys will still continue to be in my prayers though

The prayers/thoughts/voodoo/magic is working, and it's been very, very evident...seriously, you guys are awesome. Zack is still beside himself about BoB and how real you guys all are. 8)

Pics or it didn't happen.

Just kidding. I know he's camera-shy. Glad to hear he's improving.

Great news! :cheers: :cheers:

Really good to read how things are starting to turn around for you guys.

Fraternally

Jers

PT can be slow work; best of luck to Zach as he continues to work at it