Getting released today, hopefully

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lonecoyote":9h2g0uob said:
Blackhorse":9h2g0uob said:
LC will likely be waitin’ for him on his front porch when he gets home
If I was well enough I definitely would show up, especially if he needed help. I have his address.

Hey, what are Brothers for?  Good on you LC.

Holy cow! :fpalm:

My phone died yesterday, so I had to wait until my hosts could run to my place for the charger, clothes and I other stuffs.

As I live a considerable distance off the beaten path, it was decided I stay closer to town, and avoid rough motion for a while. A buddy from Oregon flew out and is watching over the critters for me.

What happened:

Out riding old Bo, a middle aged Quarter horse near a viewpoint called Glade Top, part of the Mark Twain national forest. I was taking pictures. At some point I remember hearing small rocks coming loose from above us. Suddenly Bo bolted, and with both hands on my camera, was caught unawares and airborne. I felt when I landed on my back and head and began tumbling down the hillside.

Woke up in the hospital. I was told a group of hikers saw what happened, and went down the embankment to collect me and brought me to the trailhead, called for help and the ambulance got me to the hospital. Bo apparently went back to the truck and trailer to wait. A neighbor got the rig and him home.

The screen on my camera is broken, but otherwise seems to still take pictures.

My personal list of damages?

Concussion. I guess severe. Broken tailbone, dislocation of my right leg, and an unpronounceable spinal injury. So, I can't sit, walk, or lay down, other than on my left side, and then not for long without discomfort. I'm sort of bummed out about the whole thing. I've been told I'm a little grumpy, and I'm not my usual self. Humph. I don't see it.....

Well, gotta shift positions, take a pill, and check the bomber thread. This month's target isn't getting away...

Blackhorse":n9k97nea said:
Good Lord. You’re dang lucky you’re not dead on the trail. A big shout out to the hikers...
Indeed. Tempered somewhat by a suspicion that they may have caused the "small rocks coming loose from above us." I'd say I feel your pain, but we'd both know I was lying. You'll heal up. Eventually. Ever considered a rodeo career?

OW, sorry to hear about your serious injuries. But thanks to the hikers who were caring you'll be okay in time :cheers:

Just go slow and hope you feel much better real soon. I'm not going to bother sending you PM''s right now so you get some sleep.

IF YOU NEED ANYTHING ASK

GET WELL REAL SOON!

Now just sit around and enjoy some of your favorite blends

Yikes! You're lucky to be alive Ozzie. Despite all the injuries you seem to be upbeat, at least as is possible. :shock:

Take your time in recovery, do what the docs say, and rest up. We're all pulling for you.

And like Ted stated, if you need anything just ask!

Cheers,

RR

Yowzers indeed Wiz, bear hugs are out of the question for the time being I take it?  Mend up mate and look after yourself, sadly it will take time. 

Hmmm, I see a business op for a saddle camera mount... ;)

Cheers

Tim

Hope you're on the mend Ozzie. I used to ride horses weekly when I was a kid, up until I had an experience with one named Andy. He was a dirty vindictive jerk, and I firmly believe he was plotting my demise. Freaked me out on riding permanently. Since then, I admire them from a far. ;)

i feel as if i need to say i am sorry for laughting. its just that i used to ride bulls amd break horses and my grandpa would say when i got hurt "well whad you do that for". p

Ow! My own chronic aches and pains are well put into perspective. I hope those pills are good ones, Wiz, and you recover completely and quickly.

Cripes Wiz. That's far from ideal. Very sorry to read the detail and can only imagine how frustrating the impact will be for you.

Warm thoughts coming your way old bean. Keep us posted.

Wow, it may not seem like it but you were very lucky to be found so quickly.

Hope your recovery isn't too long but I suspect riding will be out of the question for far too long.

Take care brother

I remember once in my “youth”...riding a horse that someone else saddled...a skittish asswipe kinda horse...and the saddle belt slipped totally in the middle of one of his “spook sprints”...sending me straight down into the thankfully pretty soft meadow. I walked away from that one with no injuries except for my pride- stunningly lucky as it was as hard as I’ve ever been planted. I can’t conceive of what it would have been like to crash into an unforgiving surface like Ozzie did. And here he is, still doing the bombing mission commander thing without a hitch. What a guy!

So sorry to hear about your accident Wiz.
Hope your recovery goes well but, and this will be hard for such an active man as yourself, don't rush it! My wife 'did her back in' and tried to rush back to normality, two operations later and she's still not there! :twisted:
Glad to hear that you you've got someone to look after the critters but have you got someone to look after you?

Can't understand why you would possibly be grumpy :p

Take care Wiz and the best of luck for the future.

Adam

Sunday at last.....

My benefactors/captors went off to church today. I was able to escape to their back patio and got to sneak my first pipe full since my being thrown.... Praise Jah!

Yah, I got caught defiling my 'temple'. It was worth every minute of prayer.... :geek:

BCF in a Falcon. I have two more pipes and a stash of SG SJF in my bathroom bag... I really want to go home. Got this weird craving for a Lakeland blend. And chocolate. And beer.

I want to go home.......

It's evident you are longing for home Ozzie. That you are enjoying the delights of the pipe weed and craving beer and chocolate indicates you're on the mend and getting restless.

And yet you refer to your benefactors as well as captors, which gives me pause. Surely you're being held against your will? Can you not discharge yourself at your leisure? And would there not be the waiting arms of your family members at home to succour you as you heal?

You've written that a friend graciously travelled from OR to look after the critters. Perhaps under your supervision he (or she) can carry on for a time while you heal properly.

In any case go easy on yourself. Don't rush things. We all mend slower as time goes on. And of course, you already known these things.

You've suffered a great deal and are lucky to be still with us. And all of us here realise that.

Cheers,

RR

Wow! That's some serious schnitzel! Hope you heal up fast so you can get back to defiling your temple at your leisure. Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do. Shame you haven't got some snuff with you. That's a lot easier to hide using. Wishing you a speedy recovery brother!

Jim

Brewdude":zbst2buk said:
It's evident you are longing for home Ozzie. That you are enjoying the delights of the pipe weed and craving beer and chocolate indicates you're on the mend and getting restless.

And yet you refer to your benefactors as well as captors, which gives me pause. Surely you're being held against your will? Can you not discharge yourself at your leisure? And would there not be the waiting arms of your family members at home to succour you as you heal?

You've written that a friend graciously travelled from OR to look after the critters. Perhaps under your supervision he (or she) can carry on for a time while you heal properly.

In any case go easy on yourself. Don't rush things. We all mend slower as time goes on. And of course, you already known these things.

You've suffered a great deal and are lucky to be still with us. And all of us here realise that.

Cheers,

RR
I suppose yes, I am being held against my will, but at this time my body needs to be closer to the shop and maintenance facilities than where my own bed awaits. One of the benefits of living way out where I do is that it is a pain in the butt to get there. Unfortunately, with my butt already in pain, the trip may cause more damage. So here I must remain for the now.

There is no family to offer succour at Che' Wiz at this time. There is Eric, my friend from Oregon, and a couple of helpers I employ minding the store. This morning Eric brought me my mail and informed me that "we are out of beer". No surprise there, I suppose. I sent him off with a debit card and gave him the list of provisions the animals require. Yah, the human animals as well :fpalm:

I have to be off the grounds to smoke, as it is a sort of health care facility, and so smoking is forbidden. I guess my pace is going to slow a tad. :D