GLP Embarcadero--Best blend ever???

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MisterE":8iya2mq0 said:
Yo H, you'd especially like this one I think! ;)
You guys are definitely going to peer pressure me into this one, along with Meridian... :cheers:

alfredo_buscatti":2qkb00eg said:
But if you don't try it with some age, and then more age, how will you know that you won't like it more, and more? Better can always be better, and I did not smoke a blend that wasn't better with age. For me that was 5-10 y/o; I don't know what happens beyond that.
You're right. I fully intend to lay down some tins all I meant is that i really, really like this blend right now. I'm a little worried about "Better with age" (which is a certainty) meaning that it will be different

Harlock999":gykpmrzg said:
MisterE":gykpmrzg said:
Yo H, you'd especially like this one I think! ;)
You guys are definitely going to peer pressure me into this one, along with Meridian... :cheers:
Don't think. Just do :twisted: :twisted:

The decision to go with Embarcadero 100% has been solidifying over the past week or so. And pretty much for the reasons mentioned. The last couple pounds of FVF will get smoked, but not replaced, & the rest will find good homes where they'll be appreciated. And some pipes better suited to smoking other stuff along with them.

:face:

alfredo_buscatti":8lmbfp9f said:
But if you don't try it with some age, and then more age, how will you know that you won't like it more, and more? Better can always be better, and I did not smoke a blend that wasn't better with age. For me that was 5-10 y/o; I don't know what happens beyond that.
You're right, Mike. Better can always be better!

If Embarcadero gets BETTER than this... It might blow my mind so hard that I may not ever snap out of my meditation lol

Added a 2 oz tin to a recent tobacco order. This stuff is absolutely mind blowing.

After three bowls, I've gone ahead and ordered a bunch more (some to smoke, a lot to age). Holy crow this is good stuff.

idbowman":fr052vdi said:
Added a 2 oz tin to a recent tobacco order. This stuff is absolutely mind blowing.

After three bowls, I've gone ahead and ordered a bunch more (some to smoke, a lot to age). Holy crow this is good stuff.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Glad you like it! It really is mind blowing... Kinda changes what you thought you wanted from your smokes doesn't it?

Have you embarcadero lovers tried Habana Daydream yet?

The two blends havea different tin note and flavor but they smoke very similar, imo.
Give it a shot and let me know if you think I am crazy for the comparison of these two blends

Bill

billmess":47p8yko8 said:

The two blends havea different tin note and flavor but they smoke very similar, imo.
Give it a shot and let me know if you think I am crazy for the comparison of these two blends

Bill
Thanks for the suggestion, Bill. I just checked out Habana Daydream it sounds very interesting "...a dash of Latakia and a spoonful of cigar leaf"

I'll give it a go on my next order.

Also, back to GLP blends... Any Cairo lovers out there? I have been meaning to try this blend for a while as well. Seems like it could be a good companion to Embarcadero

well i hadnmmy mind blown by Penzance this morning now Im gonna order some of this stuff. lets see what happens'

HD : Rated a strong "Pretty Good" once out of four tries (sample). YMMV

If you want a truly mind-numbing Peaseweed, get you some Blackpoint and open it around the 4-year mark. It's a genre replication of Balkan Sobranie 759. (I.e., not an attempt at a "recreation." Which, given the now-disappeared varietals involved, would be impossible anyway. Not to mention unethical. The same general idea).

This evening, it's Embarcadero (of course) in the new (to me) ex-Joshoowah Ascorti-Radice Caminetto. I have to put it down when I type. Otherwise it's too distracting.

Trying to come up with an analogy, it would probably be the violin shop in Chicago that went bankrupt, years ago (violin shops are a small world unto themselves ; stories travel quickly in them and are long remembered). The waist-to-ceiling windows over the repair benches were directly across the street from a high-rise University of Chicago dorm. In one room of which lived an attractive oriental girl. She had a remarkably active (and varied) sex life, and never closed her blinds. You can guess how much work they got done.

(The binoculars on the workbenches would have been a tip-off).

Amazing how different Embarcadero is in different pipes.

And I've never found one that didn't like it, either.

:face:

If I mention a tobacco order in the near future and one of them doesn't include Embarcadero (or Blackpointfor that matter), feel free to berate me in some way fitting.

billmess":rbgrhisc said:
How about we berate you no matter what you order?

Bill
I'm chastising my own reflection as we speak. No need to join in. :suspect:

Kyle, I have a tin from '09. Next time I'm up at your end of the state, we'll crack it!

s.ireland":0tqw6krz said:
billmess":0tqw6krz said:

Bill
Thanks for the suggestion, Bill. I just checked out Habana Daydream it sounds very interesting "...a dash of Latakia and a spoonful of cigar leaf"

I'll give it a go on my next order.

Also, back to GLP blends... Any Cairo lovers out there? I have been meaning to try this blend for a while as well. Seems like it could be a good companion to Embarcadero
Okay, so I don't really feel like starting a "Cairo" thread (maybe later) but since I posted this I have smoked about an oz. of Cairo... ANOTHER GREAT GLP BLEND!!!! DAMN YOU, GREG!!! LoL

It's very, very good. Strong. Tart. Slightly sweet. Exotic. The perique is more like fig than plum. The usual VA citrus notes remind me more of the grapefruit-lemon-cross tree that I have in my backyard than orange-peel. The aroma kills me. It's so good. I'll have to smoke the rest of this jar before I attempt a review but I know that I have found another Pease blend to stockpile.

s.ireland":xp6gfpn3 said:
Okay, so I don't really feel like starting a "Cairo" thread (maybe later) but since I posted this I have smoked about an oz. of Cairo... ANOTHER GREAT GLP BLEND!!!! DAMN YOU, GREG!!! LoL

It's very, very good. Strong. Tart. Slightly sweet. Exotic. The perique is more like fig than plum. The usual VA citrus notes remind me more of the grapefruit-lemon-cross tree that I have in my backyard than orange-peel. The aroma kills me. It's so good. I'll have to smoke the rest of this jar before I attempt a review but I know that I have found another Pease blend to stockpile.

I love Cairo; one of my favorites.

fishnrust":42hrqo8c said:
Kyle, I have a tin from '09. Next time I'm up at your end of the state, we'll crack it!
I snagged a tin on my last order of 'bacca. 8) I'll hopefully be trying it soon! Maybe today! (...but it's a bit rainy and about 38°F-- kind of tough on a first try)