Great Photos thread

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Justpipes":2efr1c59 said:
Natch":2efr1c59 said:
An amazing National Geographic pix for our African friends.

It took me a few minutes to figure out it's zebras and their shadows from above.

Natch
That is a really cool photo Natch!!! I wonder if that is in the Kruger National Park?
JP, Kalahari flats I believe looking at the vegetation or lack of it!!

tooth.jpg

There I am pulling my own teeth again! :lol: My wife hates it! :lol:

It likely took quite awhile to get the red liquid and the pliers laid out just right for the photo shoot. lighting was perfect too.

Looks like some serious Photoshopping in the last few pics.....it never ceases to amaze me with what that program can do.

Having seen a lot of blood in my day, i could tell that photo was faked. Not badly however the viscosity of blood is hard to fake. :twisted:

WTF is that ? A snake and a dead baby aardvark ?

How's he gonna eat him ?

:face:

Yak":r686lpi5 said:
WTF is that ? A snake and a dead baby aardvark ?

How's he gonna eat him ?

:face:
It could be a dead baby Yak! :lol: :lol: :lol:

hobie1dog":a0ls5sti said:
taken by a forestry fire volunteer.
nehe20deer20river20forest20fire20pi.jpg
I was still guiding in Montana back then. I remember that pic being in all the papers. I think it was taken in the Bitterroot Valley. Almost the entire western half of the state was on fire that year.

It was so dry that one fire started in Wolf Creek when a guy's wheel fell of his truck and the hub hit the pavement, causing sparks which set the dry grass on the side of the road on fire. It immediately went out of control up a hill and burned around 250 acres.

Rad

You're absolutely correct, Rad, it was August 6 of 2000. This link has the info on it and who took it.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/natural/deerfire.asp

I've packed this area and other parts of Montana during fire seasons and sometimes it would look like a blanket of snow on the tents in the morning, but it was a half inch of ash! You can be miles from an active fire but the smoke, haze, and ash can still impact you.

Natch

One positive that came out of those fires was that the next year there was a huge bumper crop of morels. :)

Rad