Halloween Turkey Box Pass

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MIXTURE 79 & DOG TURDS FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!
MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA :twisted:

Members of the Halloween Turkey Trot take note:

We have finally reached capacity and cut-off...

Here's our current list of players along with who's had the box thus far...

1. Blackhorse (host)
2. nismo270r (due tomorrow...box out 10/25?)
3. DocT999 (done)
4. PozzSka
5. fsu92john (done)
6. juanmedusa (done)
7. d4klutz (out of town 11/2 - 11/6)
8. GrampaGrossbart
9. DoverPipes (out of town 10/26 - 11/08)
10. Idbowman

This should help with planning shipments, etc. And with this number of players we should be able to work around the times when d4k and DP are out of town.

Re the two 'new players' and the freebies included in the pass box:

Since the number of freebies included was predicated on the number of players at the time...there are several ways to go.

1. Leave the bags the way they, in which case only the original players would get the freebies.

2. Adjust the bags. Two of the bags of the cigars and the Edgeworth would be divided so the two add-on guys could also have a share. I'll leave it to the players to decide.

What would have to happen would be for two guys that haven't gotten into the box yet to volunteer half their share and rebag the items in question with the new guys names clearly marked. Simple.

Here's our current list of players along with who's had the box thus far...

Blackhorse (host)
2. nismo270r (due tomorrow...box out 10/25?)
3. DocT999 (done)
4. PozzSka
5. fsu92john (done)
6. juanmedusa (done)
7. d4klutz (out of town 11/2 - 11/6)
8. GrampaGrossbart
9. DoverPipes (out of town 10/26 - 11/08)
10. idbowman

This should help with planning shipments.

I was late to the game...not speaking for the other latecomer, but please don't feel a need to adjust the freebie arrangement on my account. I'm happy to stick to swapping and passing.

re: freebies

Just to remind folks, I added two cigar cutters if anyone needs one, no matter if you are taking the free cigars or not

idbowman":eqz6w6lq said:
I was late to the game...not speaking for the other latecomer, but please don't feel a need to adjust the freebie arrangement on my account.  I'm happy to stick to swapping and passing.
^^^What he said^^^

Good news, it arrived today! Bad news, I couldn't get to the post office to get it before they closed, so I'll be picking it up tomorrow morning. I doubt I can get it back out tomorrow, but it will definitely be in the mail first thing Monday morning.

Picked up the beast earlier today and am cracking into it now! Let's get this party started! I do have a question for the group. Since there is only a small amount of the SG Special Flakes, I didn't want to take the whole bag of each just to sample them in case anyone else in the lineup wants to try them out. Would anyone be opposed to me just taking a flake of each? Of course, I would still put something in to replace the total weight, but didn't know if that was kosher. Time for me to get to work tearing this box up though! :cheers:

nismo270r":5j1yh56l said:
Picked up the beast earlier today and am cracking into it now! Let's get this party started! I do have a question for the group. Since there is only a small amount of the SG Special Flakes, I didn't want to take the whole bag of each just to sample them in case anyone else in the lineup wants to try them out. Would anyone be opposed to me just taking a flake of each? Of course, I would still put something in to replace the total weight, but didn't know if that was kosher. Time for me to get to work tearing this box up though! :cheers:
Just remember, they all taste more or less like Grousemoor (at least to me, you might have a different reaction) My reactions to 2, 3, 4, & 5 are on a thread in 'the tobacco jar'

My preference is to keep the existing bags intact. If you took some of an already small amount, the next guy would be shorted and not get his full due, etc. Trade for what you want...we can suffer...that's the way it's intended.

So let it be written, so let it be done.

DrT999":21zj8q0r said:
nismo270r":21zj8q0r said:
Just remember, they all taste more or less like Grousemoor (at least to me, you might have a different reaction) My reactions to 2, 3, 4, & 5 are on a thread in 'the tobacco jar'
Just read through your reactions and think I'm going to give #5 a shot and leave the others. It will be headed to d4klutz Monday morning so he can get it knocked out before heading out of town and keep it moving along. I also replaced the box, so it should be good to make the last rounds no problem.

Here's the updated list!  :cheers:

Out
Tins: PCCA Tuscanny, GLP Cairo, Sorensen Flake, F&T Cut Blended Plug
Bulk: Gawith Bob's Chococlate Flake 1oz, Dark Plug 1oz, Dark Flake Scented 1oz, Coniston Cut Plug 1oz, Braken Flake 1oz, Esoterica Blackpool 1oz, Esoterica Ramsgate 1oz, SG Special Flake #5
Freebies: Edgeworth Ready Rubbed 1 oz, cigars

In
Tins: McClelland Arcadia, Samuel Gawith Black XX Rope, McClelland Dark Star, Hearth & Home Darbyshire
Bulk: Mac Baren Golden Extra 1oz x 2, Newminster Superior Round Sliced 1oz x 2, Old Gowrie 1oz x 2, Burley London Blend 1oz, Gallaher Ltd Mellow Virginia 1.2oz

Current Contents List
TINS (include date or tin code)
Butera Royal Vintage Dark Stoved (2012)
S Gawith Best Brown Flake (9/13)
Escudo
MacBaren HH Old Dark Fired (7/2012)
Peterson University Flake (2/2013)
Dunhill Flake (2/2013)
Wessex Burley Slice (03/09)
SG Full Virginia Flake (4/2013)
McClelland Arcadia (201709)
Samuel Gawith Black XX Rope (2011)
McClelland Dark Star (811509)
Hearth & Home Darbyshire (2013)

BULK ITEMS (include age and weight)
about 1 oz each of S Gawith Special Flakes #3 & 4 (these baggies are in a separate bag)
McClelland #27 VA (circa 2000) 1/2 oz
McClelland #27 VA (circa 2000) 1/2 oz
McClelland Blakeney's Best Arcadian Ribbon 1 oz. 2006
Edgeworth Ready Rubbed 1 oz
Semois (very dry) 1 oz
Semois (very dry) 1 oz
Samuel Gawith Best Brown Flake (aged at least 6 years) 50 g. (mislabeled as 2 oz.)
Gawith Black Cherry Twist (Early 2012) 1 oz
Gawith Ennerdale Flake (aged 8 yrs) 1 oz
Gawith Ennerdale Flake (aged 8 yrs) 1 oz
Gawith Bob's Choc. Flake (aged 10 yrs) 1 oz
Dark Plug (aged 5 years) 1 oz +
Dark Flake Scented 1 oz
Kendal Plug (aged 2 yrs) 1 oz
Kendal Plug (aged 2 yrs) 1 oz
#7 Broken Flake 1 oz
#7 Broken Flake 1 oz
Coniston Cut Plug 1 oz
Peretti Oriental #40 0.65 oz
Glengarry Flake 1/2 oz
GH Dark Bird's Eye (purchased 4/2/13) 1 oz
GH Dark Bird's Eye (purchased 4/2/13) 1 oz
4 Noggins Weybridge (purchased 4/10/13) 1 oz
4 Noggins Weybridge (purchased 4/10/13) 1 oz
McClelland Blackwoods Flake (from a tin dated 2000) 1 oz
McClelland Blackwoods Flake (from a tin dated 2000) 1 oz
Mac Baren Golden Extra (1984) 1oz
Mac Baren Golden Extra (1984) 1oz
Newminster Superior Round Sliced (2013) 1oz
Newminster Superior Round Sliced (2013) 1oz
Old Gowrie (2011) 1oz
Old Gowrie (2011) 1oz
Burley London Blend (2004) 1oz
Gallaher Ltd Mellow Virginia (1994) 1.2oz

So, I ended up with Special Flake #5, not #4. I need to not do this when I'm sleep deprived :p I've updated the list to show this. /facepalm

Thank you for sending it my way next! I will have it sent back out super quick. I would have been glad to wait till after I was back.

PS -- I double bagged the 'special' flakes so that everything is less likely to taste like lemon grass -- feel free to take just one! Sorry if I wasn't clear on that

"T"