How does your better half react to different roomnotes?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife grew up with cigarette smokers, and I have smoked cigars for as long as I have known her, so she's pretty good about it. She doesn't really like anything I smoke but she is tolerant. She says that Lat blends remind her of church...go figure.

That being said, if I can't smoke outside, I typically smoke in my basement/ garage (the term garage is used loosely - you couldn't actually fit a whole car in there, even before I built my shelving and work bench).

She enjoys it, actually prefers the english blends over va/pers for some reason.

Ha....my cats don't care what I smoke...as long as I stroke them.....

:( kinda sad, I guess...but makes for great smoking!!

Boo...my Flyers lost..sorry, just a brief aside..

Yea, I can't smoke in the house so the Outside/Garage/Unfinished Bonus room are the only choices,

She don't allow smoking in the house, But she has a couple of her own pipes and joins in for a smoke from time to time,

At first her approach was "hand me a pipe ready to smoke" but I insisted "If you are not going to clean it at least you choose a tobacco and load the bowl yourself"

She even bought herself a pipe and a couple of tins of tobacco when on a trip in Austria, So I hope she will continue dabble and keep interest.

(Because if the women likes it, its ok to spend money on it) :cheers:

Anything with latakia in it is well received, as she loves what she terms the "campfire" note. Of course, she's an occasional pipe smoker as well.

I'm a back porch smoker and we both were cig smokers years ago so she is pretty cool about the aromas. Now the ones she likes, she comments on...in fact, the other night she told me my Holiday Spirit was making her want some chocolate! :D

Smoking INSIDE the house...some of you guys are living the dream!! Both my girlfriend and I are former cigarette smokers. To say that my girlfriend abhors pipe smoking and the aromas associated with it would be a drastic understatement. She once told me she'd prefer that I went back to smoking a pack of cigarettes a day versus smoking a pipe. Needless to say I only smoke on the patio. I do take every opportunity to smoke in her car whenever I'm force to drive it.....take that!!! Hope I never have to chose between her and smoking a pipe.

Falconer":rajzmo7l said:
Best thing I've found about the burleys is once I light up out on the deck the mother-in-law goes inside! Thank you SOLANI! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
:lol!:

My wife loves the smell of almost any pipe tobacco, when I do smoke in the house its downstairs in the man cave, I put in a ventilation fan in the ceiling that gets most of the smoke out.

Since I lost my job in New Orleans because of Katrina and she didn't, I'm now working in NC and she's still in NO. So far she has no comment :D . We'll see if she has comments about the aroma in the car over the holidays. . . . ;) We'll also see if she demands to share, as she did with my rare cigars :queen:

We have an infant son, so I haven't even considered smoking in the house. I do smoke on the front or back deck, & if the weather is bad enough, I can always put a lawn chair in the garage.

A few weeks back my wife opened a package (from sterling tobacco) that had arrived. While poking through the samples that Jack had sent, she smelled one called 'sweet briar'. She messaged me to tell me that if I ever wanted to smoke it in the house, I probably could. She likened the pouch aroma to poppouri or incense. Kind of suprised me, but thats a promising sign.

I can no longer smoke in the house when my wife is here because she has severe COPD so I can only smoke outside or inside when she is away for a while. Before she had her breathing problems, she was OK with most of the blends I smoked, she herself being a cigarette smoker. She was especially fond of 1Q and a blend from Just For Him called Golden Cashmere. I did smoke one aromatic that was a black raspberry flavored one that she hated, saying it gave her a headache. She was actually OK with most Latakia blends, particularly one from Bufflehead called Emperor Goose. She also liked Ten to Midnight from Pipes and Cigars. Sadly, Bufflehead is no longer in business. They had some great blends.

Smokey

Mine let's me smoke in the house as the smoke doesn't seem to linger. I live in a fairly small farm house, in the middle of rural Texas. I have a large 4 car shop that im working on turning into a smoke / music room. The only blend that she doesn't like is early morning pipe. Smoking navy flake now as she's fixing lunch.

Ruling out some of the really deadly blends and dense clouds of tobacco smoke in a smaller room, I find it incomprehensible that anyone would dislike the scent of tobacco smoke. Even as a toddler, I would beg my uncles to light up their pipes, cigars, and cigarettes so I could smell it. I refuse to move outdoors; I don't like smoking there. If it comes to a choice between a woman and my pipe, I'll take the pipe--and have done so once or twice without looking back. I get tired of a woman after I've had her a few times, anyhow. Yes, I'm a bastard; for those who aren't, C & D's Chocolate Mocha seems to be liked by many. It takes some getting used to but becomes rather tasty after a while. Kind of a confection for the pipe.

Mine generally hates aros but doesn't mind english/balkas or the offering from G&H or SG.

My wife hates anything with Latakia which is mostly what I smoke. She will pass by and make a comment on how bad it smells or something like that but I am too cought up in my smoke to really pay her any attention, she goes about her way and I continue to have a great smoke.
Best Regards
Richard

Doc Manhattan":8xqac78y said:
My woman likes Lat, Burley, and Lakeland blends, VAs it depends, and she doesn't like aros (since they don't smell lke tobacco.)
Say what?!?! Really?!?! I'd be surprised if that's not a first :lol: Now, if she lets you smoke in the house I'm even more impressed!!!