HOW PROMPT DO YOU PAY WHEN YOU WIN?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
scotties22":86ns8y9k said:
I always pay immediately.

I did forget about a pipe that I had bid on last year though.  Something hinky was going on with my email and I didn't get the notification that I had won...that'll teach me to rely on my phone to dowload messages when they come through.  I just randomly logged in the day after the auction and saw the winning bid.  It was a Monday and payday wasn't until Friday.  I sent the seller an email asap to let them know what was going on.  12:01am Friday morning I paid for the pipe.

It was dumb on my part to forget about the auction and that I spent the money on something else in the mean time.  I would never not communicate with a seller to try to sherk my responsibility or stretch them out for the payment.
That's completely understandable Scottie, as we get a bit on in age  ;)  sometimes things slip by but, not without knowing what we must do to resolve them responsibly.
Besides everyone is allowed one or two boo boo's in life as long as they learn from them. :suspect: 

Ebay's present policy is if a buyer has not paid for an auction within 48 hours you can open a non payment dispute, at which time ebay acts as a mediator to try to get you paid. After 4 days of that (6 days total) you can give negative feedback to a buyer, file for a retraction of all selling fees associated with the auction, and relist the item.

I just went through this, first hand information.

The short answer, according to this policy, pay within 48 hours if you want positive feedback, or within 6 days if you want to push the seller and chance a negative action.

I would assume if you asked for and got an OK on a different payment schedule before bidding, then ebay would honor that.

Cart I agree with you 100%. I pay immediately. I also give feedback immediately to buyers when they pay. There are a lot of sellers that will only give feedback after feedback is received. MIKE

I used to pay right away.
Now I don't do ebay.
PeePail demanded that I become "verified."
This meant opening another credit card with
them or give them access to my bank account.
Neither of those things were gonna happen,
so screw ebay and PeePail. I spose they don't miss me.
Interesting way to get rid of a good customer.

As soon as I can. Day-of-sale if not immediately. I'm not one to sit and watch the clock run out on an auction, and I'm often not home at closing time. I tend to keep late hours, so I suppose a few sellers have gone to bed wondering, only to wake up the next day to find my bill paid. It's usually no more than a few hours, though.
Hm.That didn't come out right. Let me clarify: As soon as I'm possibly able to check on an auction, I pay it. If I've got a bid on something, I'm mindful of that fact and will check it as soon as I'm near a computer. I couldn't imagine letting it go for a whole day or more.

Good to hear there so many.

PD, I've gone through it quite a few times and eBay wouldn't let me file anything for 4 complete days and we sellers are no longer able to give negative feedback even if we use the positive button and type in a negative it can be pulled. Yes, Nonsense (to say the least) at it's finest.

Spud, Even though I pay and give feedback to my sellers with lightening speed, as a seller I never and I mean NEVER give feedback to my buyers till I receive feedback from them. Been there done that and was seriously used & abused, it didn't take a 2x4 to the back of my head to figure out that some people given the chance will trounce on you for just being there. (No good deed goes unpunished sorta thing. All I can say is I tend not to trust my fellow man or woman till they show me I can.

I've had a buyer want to argue about combined shipping of two 30 pound antique fans in one box. Had another tell me I had to take a credit card but, refused to use PayPal.
And another tried to twist my words in a auction description "I always strive to ship the cheapest" and he wanted me to ship a 16 inch fan (which BTW stands about 26 inches tall) in a Flat Rate box. I couldn't make him understand it wouldn't fit so I refunded him and then he paid me again and told me if I refunded him one more time he'd get eBay on me. Now that's just a few of the nut cases I've come up against. And that's just a few, I bet I have close to 30 names in my blocked buyers list.

I have a 5-star rating for prompt payment on every single transaction I've ever made for which feedback was given ... in most cases, I've paid immediately after 'winning', the exceptions being only those where my bid prevailed but I didn't realize that for a short time ... I've never let a seller twist in the wind waiting for my payment ...

SteveS":vbwhmfdj said:
I have a 5-star rating for prompt payment on every single transaction I've ever made for which feedback was given ... in most cases, I've paid immediately after 'winning', the exceptions being only those where my bid prevailed but I didn't realize that for a short time ... I've never let a seller twist in the wind waiting for my payment ...
Good for you sir!
And you said the magic words, "for which feedback was given". Some buyers and I would guess to say 10 percent of them don't even leave feedback at all. I'm very curious how they themselves get very much feedback. Of course I would imagine that selfish people don't care much about anything except themselves so feedback isn't needed to them. Everyone should automatically know there great because they already think it.
and BTW, I also have spotless feedback/ 5 star and the NEG's I did get years ago were pulled by eBay because they where just malicious. ;) 

Brewdude":1l3xdiex said:
I don't play on the bay.

:face: 

Cheers,

RR
And I don't blame you one IOTA sir!;) 
Sometimes I wish I didn't and hadn't. :fpalm: 

I DON'T do ANY financial transactions on the 'net. Humans devised the binary number system, humans can and do the math!! Back when I did do the 'prey, I snail mailed payments but that's not acceptable today so I DON'T play  :twisted: :twisted: 

monbla256":9wiq5rnk said:
I DON'T do ANY financial transactions on the 'net. Humans devised the binary number system, humans can and do the math!! Back when I did do the 'prey, I snail mailed payments but that's not acceptable today so I DON'T play  :twisted: :twisted: 
Well, you don't count anyway Monbla.

Cartaphilus":wcydtk1p said:
monbla256":wcydtk1p said:
Well, you don't count anyway Monbla.
lmao-seriously.jpg

Cheers,

RR

Where are all you guys when I sell on eBay?
Gees! I get the worst buyers sometimes. :fpalm:

Cartaphilus":7dhfzvos said:
As they say ".... you get what you deserve "  :twisted: :bounce: :tongue: 

monbla256":d2gdwh3w said:
Cartaphilus":d2gdwh3w said:
As they say ".... you get what you deserve "   :twisted: :bounce: :tongue: 
You've been talking to my EX again haven't you!