HOW PROMPT DO YOU PAY WHEN YOU WIN?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cartaphilus":kxzqpg58 said:
Where are all you guys when I sell on eBay?
Gees! I get the worst buyers sometimes. :fpalm:
I was going to bid on the spigot but I was out to dinner and I forgot.  :lol!: 

Mozjo33":r679klyr said:
Cartaphilus":r679klyr said:
Spigot?

I wonder why we're not getting the other side of the coin in this discussion?

I always try to pay immediatly or as soon as I can get to an area with internet reception if away working. Usually same evening of bid closing. I've recieved tons of thank you's from sellers for quick payment.

cartaphilus":rt2obzib said:
WHO are you when you sell on eBay ?? I'll have a look at your offerings and, if I were to make a prevailing bid, I'd pay promptly ...

I almost always pay within 24 hours. I cannot do that, I always contact the buyer and let them know when I will pay, which is usually within 72 hours.

I, like you, never understood why people bid and win and wait so long to pay. I had such an issue when selling with people paying at all. With those, I never dealt kindly with, seeing as you should not bid on something you cannot pay for.

Cartaphilus":iwmqv0ak said:
Mozjo33":iwmqv0ak said:
Cartaphilus":iwmqv0ak said:
Spigot?
The Mauro Armellini Converti Regal

SteveS":hq0vhgim said:
cartaphilus":hq0vhgim said:
WHO are you when you sell on eBay ??  I'll have a look at your offerings and, if I were to make a prevailing bid, I'd pay promptly ...
You ever sell a used vehicle to a friend with full disclosure and have him come back and complain that it doesn't do this or that anymore or it's doing this and that now, or I have to replace this or that etc.etc.

Well, that's the way I feel about selling anything to people I know, if by chance they do, fine but, I'll not advertise.

joshoowah":b4olgkr2 said:
I almost always pay within 24 hours. I cannot do that, I always contact the buyer and let them know when I will pay, which is usually within 72 hours.

I, like you, never understood why people bid and win and wait so long to pay.  I had such an issue when selling with people paying at all.  With those, I never dealt kindly with, seeing as you should not bid on something you cannot pay for.
My sentiments exactly, you surely wouldn't go in to a department store and purchase a TV without having a way to pay for it, or maybe some would  :suspect: 

Mozjo33":ffpatx2n said:
Cartaphilus":ffpatx2n said:
Mozjo33":ffpatx2n said:
Cartaphilus":ffpatx2n said:
Spigot?
The Mauro Armellini Converti Regal
Yeah, I seen that one.

I pay as soon as the auction ends if I'm at the computer, or as soon as I can get to a computer otherwise.

fsu92john":7eeklzqx said:
I pay as soon as the auction ends if I'm at the computer, or as soon as I can get to a computer otherwise.
Likewise.

I always pay straight away and if I am selling I ship as soon as payment is received. Anything I sell is already boxed up and ready to go. I also don't rely on any of eBay's automated methods of updating buyer's of tracking numbers. I send that separately to the buyer in the form of a personal message.

Not instantly most of the time but with in 24hrs . I normally bid on my phone then pay on computer. So occasionally it can be the next day if it is late at night or what not.

I rarely dabble on Ebay. But the times when I have I've paid as the auction ends. Treat others as you'd like to be treated, right?

There seems to be a great amount of you that know how one should conduct himself to say the least, reckon hope is not lost yet.

Although I just noticed that there has been about 385 views of this thread yet only about 45 replies/posts Hmm!  :suspect: 

I always pay instantly if I'm watching or as soon as I get notification from Ebay. I have sold a few things and have never had a problem with buyers paying in a timely fashion. Overall I find that most people are generally honest and try to do the right thing. I have only really had one negative experience on Ebay and it was with a seller who just didn't have his act together and took about 10 days to ship the item. I got the item eventually so I don't think he was dishonest. I think he was probably just a disorganized ne'er-do-well type. I know a couple people like that who just don't have their s**t together and would "forget" to ship an item they sold.

APKurt":yh28tfkh said:
I always pay instantly if I'm watching or as soon as I get notification from Ebay.  I have sold a few things and have never had a problem with buyers paying in a timely fashion.  Overall I find that most people are generally honest and try to do the right thing.  I have only really had one negative experience on Ebay and it was with a seller who just didn't have his act together and took about 10 days to ship the item.  I got the item eventually so I don't think he was dishonest.  I think he was probably just a disorganized ne'er-do-well type.  I know a couple people like that who just don't have their s**t together and would "forget" to ship an item they sold.
You have been very lucky in my eyes sir, out of all the dealings I've had on eBay selling, I'd have to say about 50% take there sweet bippy about paying.
With all the feedback's left for buyer's I see stating how quick there payments were there has got to be a good percentage of slow non-caring buyers paying late, otherwise there would be no such thing as quick payer. I'm not saying your wrong just saying you haven't experienced it yet.
And yes, I research alot of feedback profiles on eBay, from sellers to buyers because it's always good to know who your dealing with. ;) 

Cartaphilus":fftv8cjg said:
"I seldom pay on time for anything, when I do, it's an accident."

"I often bid on items while having no intent to pay. I love to bid, even on things I don't want."

"Negative feedback doesn't scare me. People who think 'almost always' is acceptable scare me."

gravel":ot0d6fou said:
Cartaphilus":ot0d6fou said:
"I seldom pay on time for anything, when I do, it's an accident."

"I often bid on items while having no intent to pay. I love to bid, even on things I don't want."

"Negative feedback doesn't scare me. People who think 'almost always' is acceptable scare me."
Remind me to "Block" you as a bidder on my auctions.
Talk about scary, bidding when not intending to purchase and then just having the attitude
that it doesn't matter is scary. You have a lot to learn. :fpalm:

And Gravel I will assume this is a joke (April Fools) because I don't think anyone would admit to being so thoughtless. Hench the statement I made referring to "I wonder why we're not getting the other side of the coin in this discussion?" That was also being factious.