How was your weather today?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Summer weather has definitely arrived in the Pac NW. Experiencing daytime highs in the upper 80's/low 90's but it cools off nicely at night to around 60. Good sleeping weather.

However this past weekend it got cool enough I had to have the central heating on in the morning! At least I've finally shed my long johns, as I wear them 10-11 months of the year here!

The RH is pretty moderate too, like 40% right now so not horribly humid like I experienced as a cheesehead. Back there, the dew point could get in the upper 90's as well as the temp and you didn't even want to go outside since it was like walking into a warm wet blanket!

:no:

And in a few weeks I'll be basking in 110+ with very low humidity once I'm relocated in Arid-Zona! Can't wait!!!

:sunny:  :sunny:  :sunny:

Cheers,

RR

Corncobcon":0ltknfpu said:
After weeks of high 90's, we finally had two beautiful days in the 80's!  It feels a lot cooler and the humidity has gone way down.
Amen to that! Same down here... A welcome respite from the humidity...

Over the past several days I had to fire up the central heating in the morning  as temps dropped down into the 50's overnight and barely broke 70 during the day.

Now back into a warming trend with daytime temps pushing into the 80's, but still cooling off into the 60's at night. Good sleeping weather!

Should be firmly into the 90's mid-week.

Phoenix weather will be in the 100+ range during my move. Bring it says me!

:sunny:

Cheers,

RR

Bee-you-tiful day here in sunny Arid-zona.

Daytime temps near 90. Nights around 60. Not a cloud in the sky. Been this way most of the week and is expected to continue. I love this climate and don't miss the rain and gloominess of the Pac NW. I see that they're having temps in the 50's with rain. Glad to be done with that once and for all!

Did I mention I love it here?!

:tongue:

Cheers,

RR

High 30s here. No snow yet but hoping it hits before the move since I'm pretty sure snow is limited down there in N. Carolina.

Beautiful day here with temps in the high 60's.  Helped the guys install a new pump in our community well.  It was a busy day and I'm glad it went off without a hitch.  After it was done, I handed out some cigars to those who wanted them.  Had a good time. I'm tired.

Cooling period today in AZ. Daytime temp around 78 and last night was a chilly 53! Trend is for it to rise to the low 80's for the rest of the week but with nights in the 60's. Full sunshine though and not a cloud in the sky, so that makes it cheerful and pleasant. Right now back in the Seattle area it's a rainy 50's, pretty typical for this time of year.

The local newspaper today published a look at average temps for Nov, and  last year it showed daytime temps in the low 80's with zero rain. I'm on board with that, as this period in W. Washington marks the beginning of the dreaded stormy season which brings damaging windstorms. I won't ever miss that routine, as well as the snow which I suffered a-plenty at my elevation there.

:sunny:

Cheers,

RR

43 and rainy since yesterday afternoon, finally done. Another wave coming for tomorrow morning. Autumn foliage colours are nice though!

Stick":pde1dkpf said:
Blue Bird!  Absolutely Blue Bird!

Blighty is now in it's second week of uninterrupted blue skies and unrelenting uncommonly high temps of 25 - 30+ degs C (Rande, you'd love this!).  It's officially being called a heatwave with Northern Ireland already having a hosepipe ban imposed.  Large fires breaking out on moorlands too.  Apart from my much loved and cared for lawn taking a real hammering, I'm loving this! Shorts, flip flops and sunnies! The last time we really experienced weather like this was in '76 so we are a little overdue.  This is what summers should be like, right?  I think my daughter would agree...

Stick - this is exactly what Summer should be...but not so late in the Fall, eh? The picture of your daughter (?) is absolutely classic. Just a beautiful shot. In a “How to be a Professional Photographer “ class, if the assignment was to take a picture that says...SUMMER...you’d get as A.

But...what’s a

Stick":7uocqnjs said:
Blue Bird!  Absolutely Blue Bird!

Blighty is now in it's second week of uninterrupted blue skies and unrelenting uncommonly high temps of 25 - 30+ degs C (Rande, you'd love this!).  It's officially being called a heatwave with Northern Ireland already having a hosepipe ban imposed.  Large fires breaking out on moorlands too.  Apart from my much loved and cared for lawn taking a real hammering, I'm loving this! Shorts, flip flops and sunnies! The last time we really experienced weather like this was in '76 so we are a little overdue.  This is what summers should be like, right?  I think my daughter would agree...

Stick - this is exactly what Summer should be...but not so late in the Fall, eh?  The picture of your daughter (?) is absolutely classic. Just a beautiful shot. In a “How to be a Professional Photographer “ class, if the assignment was to take a picture that says...SUMMER...you’d get as A+.

But...what’s a hosepipe?

Great pic thereStick! Sorry to hear you've been banned from upkeeping your lawn. Hopefully it will recover without too much damage.

Jim

Unusually cool here in sunny AZ. Temps are in the low-mid 70's daytime and mid 40's at night. Still plenty of sun though. Normally it should be in the 80's according to records. Hope it gets back there soon. I had to turn on my central heating for the first time this year earlier in the week!

Still, this climate certainly beats that of the the Pac NW where they're having 50's and 30's with much rain. As well as my former haunt of the Mil, WI area where they've been experiencing 30's and 20's with snow! If there's one thing I never want to see again as long as I live it's SNOW! 'nuff said.......

And yet I see that the eastern seaboard just got slammed with an early blizzard that dropped up to 8" depending on where you were, with may power outtages! Hope you folks are coping. Banjo?

Cheers,

RR