How was your weather today?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Corncobcon":xhx9xcvr said:
You all stay safe while that storm blows through your area.  We were fortunate that the storm stayed south of me.  Otherwise, it is K K K K KOLD here today. 16 degrees this morning and windy.  It's a good day to stay inside and watch football!
Same here! Arkansas saw the brunt of the seriously bad weather....

Over freezing, sunny, but a bit of a breeze. Still. Not opposed to it a bit!

OKC dodged a bullet this weekend. The big bad snow & ice storm moved south. Got .1" of rain!! My Raleigh family is getting all that good snow and ice however!!! :cheers: FTRPLT

DrT999 - I hope finals were over as of this past weekend and you’re outta there.  14” on the ground in Durham...which is, what? Like 80 miles East?  But right along the storm path, I think. And Winston-Salem has some pretty dire predictions going on.

You folks are gonna need Rudolph this year fer sure.  :rendeer:

STAY SAFE!

Blackhorse":xbh8gala said:
DrT999 - I hope finals were over as of this past weekend and you’re outta there.  14” on the ground in Durham...which is, what? Like 80 miles East?  But right along the storm path, I think. And Winston-Salem has some pretty dire predictions going on.

You folks are gonna need Rudolph this year fer sure.  :rendeer:

STAY SAFE!
Alas, no, should have had a final this morning. Delayed until Thursday; I don't know what to do if students are pulled by their parents to leave (hopefully that won't happen; they really can't leave easily before Wednesday). We got around 10-11 inches here. Everything is heavy and slushy (and slick!) today, and it will all refreeze each night. Fortunately, I don't have to leave the apt until mid morning on Wednesday. Hopefully the plow will be though at least once today or tomorrow.

If memory serves, I recall when I lived in Garden Home, (West side of Portland Oregon Metro) around 2008 or 9, that was a scenario. Deep tire ruts on side streets that were reminiscent of train tracks or slot cars. I'd have to run around in the Liberty with all four tires chained up to turn out of the tracks to get to places off the beaten track. Saw many cars trying to do the same and were high centered sideways, and others couldn't stop.

Nasty business that!

Washington Square was about a mile away and it might take half an hour to get there. Once that slush turns to ice at night it was like curb hopping without grip. You folks stay home if you can!

I remember that ALL too well. Getting from the main roads to anywhere else, that are down by the river, up to our place (we live on the bluff a few hundred feet above there) was literally risking your life. Roads were covered with a unique mixture...about 10” of ice with three days worth of sanding gravel mixed in. It acted like one gigantic sheet of ultra coarse abrasive paper.  Ruts frozen solid like concrete...studded with sharp D1 minus gravel. You and other cars being bounced sideways from a foot to a yard.  Trying out the new sport of dodging the various pieces of chrome trim pieces, mufflers, whole exhaust systems and the occasional rear bumper that had been torn off other unlucky players.  A festive and exciting time was had by all.

Still no snow here :cry: I did like to see all the young whipper snappers in up state NY with there sports cars all off on the side of the road in the winter. As I cruise down the road in my all wheel drive Subaru laughing.

We had 12 inches of snow and a couple inches of sleet and freezing rain. Our power went out Sunday evening and didn't come back on until just after 5 pm Monday. Luckily, m'lady and I had warm clothes, so it wasn't that bad staying inside. Suzy and Molly were cold and slept with us. Suzy got under my blanket for a little while. The roads are still bad here, so we're staying in today.

Overcast today but still managed to get to around 70. Yesterday was sunny and beautiful with temps in the mid-70's. Should continue with this pattern for the next several days with no rain in sight.

And snow doesn't even factor into the winters of the greater Phoenix area, which was a major consideration of retiring here. If I never experience snow again it'll be too soon! I know all about a white Christmas but you other folks can have it!

Cheers,

RR

Southern Arid-zona is having a cold snap with night temps around freezing and days only in the 50's. Snow in the northern part of the state but drizzle here in the greater Phoenix area. We can use the moisture actually.

Cheers,

RR

Well, so far today we have rain and sleet. No snow yet, but they are predicting 5 to 10 inches in my area. I hope it just stays rain for a while since I have to leave shortly to a doctor's appointment. Tomorrow it's supposed to be all snow!

31 and raining.

How can that be? Yucky out. Radar indicates that it is not likely to switch to snow.

Snow is a 4-letter word to me. Sure glad I don't have to deal with it anymore. Hope you folks that do are coping.

Sunny and 70 here in the greater Phoenix area. Me likey!

Cheers,

RR