How was your weather today?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Winter is here. -23 C Thursday, - 15 C this morning. :roll:
We had to shovel our entry way yesterday, delaying it from Friday.
Yes, SHOVEL or else, we were going nowhere. :face:
I have been operating our wood stove daily since the first week of October.
Looking at the forecast over the next two weeks, winter is here to stay.
And it will be a brutal one.

Currently 60°F with 80% cloud cover here in SoCal, on its way up to a forecast high of 71°F, with nighttime temps in the mid to low 50s...not unusual for this time of year. We actually had a few hours of light rain a couple of nights ago — the second rainfall of the season. Neither one will put much of a dent in the drought, but any rain is welcome.

Those of us who moved here from places where they have real winter remember that winter is the siege weather — something to prepare for...something that you take seriously.

But around here, the siege weather starts around late June, and continues into October — relentless, glaring, insufferable without air conditioning. So I love this time of year...a refreshing change from the unrelenting oven of summer.

849.png

After the entire month of Nov being totally dry, we now have showers in the greater Phoenix area with cooler temps in the 60's. This should last until Fri, after which it'll get back to sunny skies and 70's. The moisture is very welcome however as this area has been in drought conditions for a few years.

Not complaining though as it's been much colder and rainy/snowy in the areas in which I used to live, those being the Seattle area and Mil, WI. I've also seen that much of the US is about to get hammered by a series of winter storms. Don't miss that routine at all!

:evil:

Cheers,

RR

Today, not too bad, despite being windy and chilly.  However, apparently there's a big storm coming this Sunday (and maybe Monday) . . . . quite the mess if it hits during finals week!

DrT999":yzf0alyu said:
Today, not too bad, despite being windy and chilly.  However, apparently there's a big storm coming this Sunday (and maybe Monday) . . . . quite the mess if it hits during finals week!
Friday evening and Saturday might be interesting. Right on the edge of no snow or eight inches. Either way, cold enough to freeze beer.

Ozark Wizard":mqhzclos said:
DrT999":mqhzclos said:
Friday evening and Saturday might be interesting. Right on the edge of no snow or eight inches. Either way, cold enough to freeze beer.
Glad you could find an upside!

I hope the snow doesn't materialize on Saturday.  My wife is driving home from Kansas and she doesn't drive well in snow.  Hopefully, the snow and bad weather won't hit this far north from where you are.  Oz, if it snows by you, stay safe.

Yes, there always seems to be upsides.. This'll also give me a chance to defrost and clean the freezer in the barn. I'll tuck the frozen stuff in totes in the van and let the freezer thaw in the barn. While spooning up IPA Slurpees, of course ;)

About 4 1/2 inches of snow in the last 6 hours, 18 or so more hours of precipitation to go :p

We have just over 5 inches of snow. We usually don't get snow this early in Winter. I live about 25 miles or so away from Dr. T.

We’ve had mostly rain, freezing rain and sleet for the last 24 hours. But now that the system is starting to pull out and head east. The temps are starting to drop and the water outside is starting to freeze.

Dr. T, Geoff, Jim, Eggman, Grandpa, and DLRuth

Be careful in the winter storm and the days afterward they are a whole different animal in the Upper Southeast.

I remember we had one while I was an undergrad in East Tennessee and we didn't have power for several days and the roads were terrible for about a week.

If anyone needs anything please reach out

History Prof 1861":bxo70j9y said:
Dr. T, Geoff, Jim, Eggman, Grandpa, and DLRuth

Be careful in the winter storm and the days afterward they are a whole different animal in the Upper Southeast.  

I remember we had one while I was an undergrad in East Tennessee and we didn't have power for several days and the roads were terrible for about a week.

If anyone needs anything please reach out
hopefully the university will be bright enough to cancel tomorrow (as there will be a lot of ice and refreezing as well) If so, I won't have to go anywhere until late Wednesday morning.

1000 power outages in the county, 7 1/2 inches so far

9+ inches, 4700 without power; finals cancelled through Tuesday. . .what a mess!

You folks out east are getting hammered and I don't envy your situation. Stay off the roads if at all possible.

Sunny and pleasant here in the greater Phoenix area. Nippy start to the morning in the low 40's but should warm up to around 70 today. I sure love living here!

Cheers,

RR

You all stay safe while that storm blows through your area. We were fortunate that the storm stayed south of me. Otherwise, it is K K K K KOLD here today. 16 degrees this morning and windy. It's a good day to stay inside and watch football!