How was your weather today?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ended up getting about 4" of the white stuff yesterday. Temps rose a bit and it turned to rain/drizzle so had some melting but much remains.

Not so insignificantly, just above my elevation the I-90 Snoqualmie Pass was closed for hours yesterday to do avalanche control. Looks like they got several feet!

Prediction is for lowland snow later this week right around Xmas day. Wonderful.........NOT!

:no: 

Cheers?

RR

A little cooler today. Lower 60s, breezy.

Tonight though, oh boy..

Roughly 8 inches of rain predicted tonight. High temp of 68 tomorrow, with "severe" weather. Translation, lightning, hail, all the good stuff. Then it blows out, so the Christmas Luau is still on!

Crazy.....................

While I dodged the bullet in the latest round of snow, the Snoqualmie pass on I-90 is closed again in both directions due to heavy snow. Plus the Snoqualmie Summit has been out of power for 3 days due to trees coming down on power lines.

Major traffic stoppages, folks without chains or 4WD turned back. Ongoing for a couple days now!

This is not really very far away from me. I count myself lucky....

:silent: 

Cheers?

RR

edit to add: While a lot of you here on BoB may not be familiar with the situation or geography, I-90 is the sole major conduit between Seattle and all points east. All other highways are less desirable for a variety of reasons. Close I-90 and we have a major problem.

Yep, pretty bizarre weather. But all is still good. God Bless and Merry Christmas. Doesn't matter what the weather is, as our Redeemer lives!

News has some very sobering developments in the Dallas and other related areas. Devastating tornadoes, much destruction and loss of life.

Hope you folks are safe and secure in all these troubling times.

Cheers,

RR

Anybody see the movie, A River Run's Through It?

That's the story of two of my barns.......

Water seems to be boiling out of the ground as well as falling from the sky. Doppler radar shows a bee-line from the Gulf to here with no end in sight. Wind is every direction, and the house sounds like it's being pressure washed......

I can only imagine what the rivers and creeks are like around here. Standard issue is that it'll be a few days before I can get off the mountain on to pavement!

Already had to realign the satellite dish to get internet reestablished....

Kinda reminds me of March

We're getting rain, rain and more rain ! We've now gone over 60 inches for the year, the most N.Texas has recorded in 100 years !! And out in W. Texas their getting blizzard warnings !! Was around 80 degrees the other day and today it never got above the upper 40s !! Gonna be clear and cold the rest of the week though ! Aaaah Texas weather !! :twisted: :twisted:

Here in northern Illinois we've been getting sleet/rain/hail rotations nonstop for about 14 hours now. Hovering around 30°F with 35mph winds, people are losing power all over town. Think I'm gonna go out to the garage and pack a bowl...

Was travelling back from NO yesterday with lovely weather, but an unexplained 90 minute traffic stoppage just north of Atlanta delayed me from completing the trip. Driving this morning was pretty nasty, sometimes the rain was coming down so hard it slowed traffic to about 20 MPH on I-85. Still, it did move and I did arrive back home! I hope every one else is doing well.

Actually getting cold here finally. All our recent rain in my area should have been blizzards.

Breaking news... the UK has finally succumbed to the biblical scale floods and has sunk. It's every man for themselves over here chaps.