Instant collection.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:shock: WOW :shock:

I'm watching that one! I wonder how high it will go?

Ocelot55":kizp7yfn said:
:shock: WOW :shock:

I'm watching that one! I wonder how high it will go?
Took the words out of my mouth

There's everything in the pile, including cobs and clays. Looks like the wives of members of some pipe club got together and put hubbys' collections on ebay. Big Q: Could you put in a bid of, say, $2K and make the pile pay for itself by "parting it out?"

If I were to buy a lot like that I'd hope to find a few real gems in there to keep and then break even on reselling the rest.

*Note to self: Do not buy, "clean, lightly used pipes" from Puff Daddy. :lol:

Best I can see in that lot are several that have cakes thicker than the wall of the bowl! :affraid: But I've gotten a few gems over the years that needed serious reaming and cleaning, to uncover a fine smoking pipe hidden beneath the grime.

Natch

Along with his 25 yr. TAD purchases he just made, cigrmaster, needs to bid high enough to get those so that he will have enough pipes to smoke with his 'bac :twisted:

I might have to buy that for that cob, 35th from the left. I've been looking for one of those. I suppose I could just toss the rest into the box for the next bombing mission. :scratch: :p

I am very happy that there is not a "Buy It Now" price. Other wise this reply would be "NA NA NA NA I GOT IT".
Watching it too. There is probably ten years of work in that pile of stuff!!

If anyone here ends up with that lot, we're going to have to triage BoB out with any and all that have pipe restoration experience to take a chunk...the reward? You get to keep one pipe (after the owner has selected a few for himself), and mail them back. :lol: That is a metric eff-ton of pipe refurbishing. :shock:

8)

I wonder if there's a huge stash of old tobacco too?........ :twisted: Someone should contact the seller and ask. Would be a prudent question if you're interested in buying the pipes. If the answer is "Dad smoked Mixture 79 in all of em" then retract your bid :lol:

Puff Daddy":pkn3cl5g said:
I wonder if there's a huge stash of old tobacco too?........ :twisted: Someone should contact the seller and ask. Would be a prudent question if you're interested in buying the pipes. If the answer is "Dad smoked Mixture 79 in all of em" then retract your bid :lol:
That's some sleuthing right there...seven tons of original 759, sealed in wax, or old fuel cans full of Mix 79 stored in the attic. :lol:

What was not shown was the EQUAL number of pouches of Borkum Riff that Kyle bid on and WON :cheers: :twisted: ( sorry Kyle, I just could NOT pass this one up :twisted: )

bosun1":lm2vo01w said:
Watching it too. There is probably ten years of work in that pile of stuff!!
It would take a weekend just to look through it. Looks like a lot of fun, but it also looks like it could be one lifesucker of disappointment. If it goes for a good price, you could look through it, take what you wanted, and put it right back on eBay.

I bet the bids reach several hundred dollars more. Sold all my pipes last June when I "quit." I'm thinking that there are 20-30 good pipes in that lot.