May Bombing Mission - YES, you May!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love to do a plug knife for you. Jus gimme the word.

I do so hate to work with Black Death (Palm) though. I've tried before and can't get it right. I know you need really sharp tools, and mine are, but it hates me. Then if I try to use a belt sander on it...it splits like crazy. #@!©¥€¿! (sorry about the strong language)

I do think that using stabilized wood instead of natural Palm would be a great way to control all the problems. So we might be good with it after all.

A plug knife, in many ways, is like a patch knife...a lot of knife in a small package. It allows me to use a smaller piece of wood for the thing and that cuts the same cost in half. Check out the Black Palm from Laos, both long cut and diagonal. Scroll down on the linked page and let me know what you think. Of course I can always use the regular stuff. If I see a piece of the pen blank wood I like I can include it in an order. 4 for me...1 for you.

http://www.burlsource.com/burls-pen-blanks.html

Blackhorse":02s4gqox said:
I'd love to do a plug knife for you. Jus gimme the word.

I do so hate to work with Black Death (Palm) though. I've tried before and can't get it right. I know you need really sharp tools, and mine are, but it hates me. Then if I try to use a belt sander on it...it splits like crazy. #@!©¥€¿! (sorry about the strong language)

I do think that using stabilized wood instead of natural Palm would be a great way to control all the problems. So we might be good with it after all.

A plug knife, in many ways, is like a patch knife...a lot of knife in a small package. It allows me to use a smaller piece of wood for the thing and that cuts the same cost in half. Check out the Black Palm from Laos, both long cut and diagonal. Scroll down on the linked page and let me know what you think. Of course I can always use the regular stuff. If I see a piece of the pen blank wood I like I can include it in an order. 4 for me...1 for you.

http://www.burlsource.com/burls-pen-blanks.html
what about the amboyna burl? Would that be easier? send me a pm about price, maybe I can get my wife to buy it for my birthday next month

rev

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CQFEY9RIRJA" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

(sings) I think we're alone now....There doesn't seem to be anyone around........................

OOoooooohhhhhhhhhh....sorry. Don't mind me. I'm bored and singing to myself.

I hope you have that song stuck in your head the rest of the day :lol:

LOOK ALIVE PILOTS!!!

Orders coming soon! And if I see one more of you jokers dozing off :sleep: I'll make sure you clean the engine on my Messerschmidt with a toothbrush!

As usual please respond in this thread as to whether or not you have received the mission orders. They should all be sent.

Whee Hawww! Gomer...fire up the crop duster...we got bidness!!!

Er, orders received and understood Sirs.

(thinkin' Monday is pretty early for takeoff though...just offering an honest opinion)

Blackhorse":ay5d8sz6 said:
Whee Hawww! Gomer...fire up the crop duster...we got bidness!!!

Er, orders received and understood Sirs.

(thinkin' Monday is pretty early for takeoff though...just offering an honest opinion)
Umm, yeah. Targeting computer may be slightly off. Pilots exercise best judgement.

Sir, yes sir! Orders received sir! Payload being selected sir! Got the wrench mules giving the TU 160 a good shake down sir! They won't even see us coming sir! Let loose the dogs of war sir! We will make you proud sir! Sir!