Official September BOB Bombing Thread ::: Labor of Love

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cue "Ride of the Valkyries"

The rectory has been hit with significant ordinace. I came home to get something and discovered four of the brothers dropped bombs on the Chaplain!

I will inspect and inventory damage when I get back from Evening Prayer tonight. There is a bomb from Alaska that may have been loaded with bricks just from the weight.

bmbing10.jpg

Blackhorse":uxdd01hd said:
Bricks! Now there's a new twist!

Looks like guys are mailing too early!
It may be a diversionary tactic as well to lull the primary target into a false sense of security, and the "day early" was strategic. Watch your backs is all I can say. I type this as I outline plans for reinforcing the bunkers - just in case this is the first wave of a campaign. I will report on damage when I get home tonight.

"Oh the humanity... "

Fr_Tom":0sv7djtn said:
Blackhorse":0sv7djtn said:
Bricks! Now there's a new twist!

Looks like guys are mailing too early!
It may be a diversionary tactic as well to lull the primary target into a false sense of security, and the "day early" was strategic.
Keep hoping! My bomb is at least in the right state this time; we'll see if it's delivered tomorrow :bom:

Listening for the air raid sirens...

My wife sent me a text asking if the boxes had "tobacco related stuff inside them." She is suspecting I have gone crazy with the credit card or Ebay perhaps.

Fr_Tom":siqhsb8w said:

My wife sent me a text asking if the boxes had "tobacco related stuff inside them." She is suspecting I have gone crazy with the credit card or Ebay perhaps.
:suspect:

Fr_Tom":kwe91m41 said:

If it turns out you were the main target, or even one of two, she won't have to worry about what you are up to for quite some time!

Inventory of damage today - not organized...

Two MM cobs
1 pack Long's pipe cleaners
8dEco bamboo tamper
tin Syrian Super Balkan
tin Hadoo's Delight
tin Smyrna #1
La Aroma de Cuba cigar
Total Flame cigar
bulk Rum and Maple
bulk English Chocolate
bulk CBK
bulk SWR
pouch Troost Aromatic Cavendish
tin Gaslight
tin LEO
note asking forgiveness
tin C&D Repose
bulk Elizabethan Match
bulk PS Balkan Supreme
pouch Wessex Burley Broadcut
pouch Wessex English Mixture
tin Rattray's Professional Mixture
10 oz tin Amphora Red
bag of Margate
coffee – Outhouse Blend, Arctic Wolf, Alaska's Best
Samovar Tea
12 oz smoked salmon

DrT999":sqydaas5 said:
If it turns out you were the main target, or even one of two, she won't have to worry about what you are up to for quite some time!
The bombs that fell today SHOULD keep me out of trouble for a while. I have some treats in my future.

It's not an unusual circumstance, and one of our greatest joys, for a significant other to suspect a bout of TAD. Often the reactions can easily be as significant as the other...or something like that.

We don't actually seek to foment discord or spousal mayhem though. The wee bit of innocent incendiary fun is all we're looking for...like the above.

Fr_Tom":k5c898eu said:
Inventory of damage today - not organized...

note asking forgiveness
"Bless me Father, for I have sinned"?  I never considered bombing a sin before . . . perhaps I need to dig out my rosary! :study:

DrT999":qo3r8d24 said:
"Bless me Father, for I have sinned"?  I never considered bombing a sin before . . . perhaps I need to dig out my rosary! :study:
In the interests of confidentiality and all, I did not mention the reason for the note.

Blackhorse":d1ob4aol said:
What home?  Oh, you mean that ramshackle pile of smoking rubble?  :)
"As soon as safety permits" I should have said. Perhaps it will just be the crater where the house was formerly located. That might explain the garbled text message...

According to Intelligence (well, the USPS anyway), a direct hit! :cheers:

Collateral damage may have impaired my wife's ability to count. Six more bombs had landed and not five. Debris is now scattered throughout what is left of the den, and she is clearly disoriented, asking questions like, "How much longer will all this be on the sofa and table?"

It is a sad day when the Chaplain can be the target of a "shock and awe" campaign of this sort. Damage has been inventoried for headquarters. Due to the sheer voume of ordinance, there may be errors, but I wanted to report back to base quickly for fear we might loose communications if there is another wave in the cordinated attack.

custom Nathan's coffee blend
tin Sutliff Blend #5
tin Mastro de Paja Roma
tin Christmas Cheer 2014
tin Tom Eltang Virginia
1 pack Long's pipe cleaners
Gaslight Sample
Tub SWR
Pipe/tobacco pouch
bulk Best Brown Flake
bulk SG Westmorland
bulk Sutliff Kentucky Planter 2013
bulk Burley London Blend 2004
bulk Rattray Old Gowerie 2011
bulk Low Country Santee 2013
bulk H&H Sweet and Savory
bulk Straus Blue Chip
bulk GLP Navigator
bulk Germain Balkan Sobranie 2014
bulk Manil Semois 2014
bulk Straus Union Terminal
bulk Straus Alt Park
bulk Red Rapparee 2011
bulk HH Mature Virginia 2010
jar Engine 99 2013
bulk McC's Three Cherry Blend
bulk Stokkebye 1855 Virgina
Custom Cob w/name, BoB Bombers and date on shank
bulk OJK
bar chili dark chocolate
tin ODF

Blackhorse":1q3yvcd5 said:
Looks like mine is supporting a vacation day...still sitting in the next town. I guess tomorrow is the day for a delayed hit.
We'll be hitting in force then. I think our navigators are using the same chart.