Official September BOB Bombing Thread ::: Labor of Love

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chaps, this has been an ace read! I've been giggling like the kid who hid the frog in the teacher's drawer for the last 30mins. Well done Padre! I think it's safe to come out of the Anderson now. ..

My own "mini-bomb" (compared to what I have recieved) was taken to the PO late Tuesday. The receipt said delivery on the 25th, but I was pretty sure it would be delivered on the 26th. It has still not reached the target, although it claims to be sorted.

I guess my Fokker had a headwind. It is running behind. Well, it is slightly overloaded.

d4klutz":r71w3k1f said:
I guess my Fokker had a headwind.  It is running behind.  Well, it is slightly overloaded.
. Nothing like a slow Fokker.

I have received a terse message from what is left of the bunker at the home base. Four more bombs have landed. Damage reports will have to wait until I get in from the field, and today I have groups/appointments back-to-back until almost 5:00. I don't want HQ to think I have lost communications in all the destruction and mayhem.

Today's damage has been documented with photos so HQ will know I am not delerious and imagining things. Three days of heavy shelling has taken its toll, and I may have to refer to them later. At least I have not lost my Yello-Bole Airograte in the rubble. I found a package of ERR Match I had never seen before and filled the pipe take my mind off the grim business of taking inventory.

tin Brunello flake
tin Irish Oak
tin MacB's Mixture Flake
bulk PS Aromatic Dutch Slices
tin FM Across the Pond
tin Best Brown Flake
pouch John Bull
bulk McC's 2025
bulk H&H Marble Kake
bulk London Burley Blend
bulk McC's 5100
bulk Trost Aromatic Cavendish
bulk Semois
bulk LNF
bulk ERR Match
bulk Dan Tobacco Limerick
bulk GLP Cumberand
Parodi Cigars
bulk Ye Ole Tobacco Shop Savannah
tin H&H Black House
tin Royal Yacht
Traditional Hymns (a book not a blend)
bulk GH Scotch Flake
bulk Peterson Hyde Park
bulk F&T Evan's Blend
Gurkha cigar box
16 NICE cigars
humidifier

Well, I guess my Fokker has lost its compass. It went from Magnolia tx, to North Houston tx, to plantersville tx, and then back to North Houston today. All towns are within 50 miles of eachother. What the Heck?!?! The USPS guys must be drunk or something. It shipped out on Wed as two day delivery. First time I have had an issue with packages going out. I guess I got Drumsandbeer's delivery bug or something.

d4klutz":xzfe2a93 said:
Well, I guess my Fokker has lost its compass.  It went from Magnolia tx, to North Houston tx, to plantersville tx, and then back to North Houston today. All towns are within 50 miles of eachother. What the Heck?!?!  The USPS guys must be drunk or something.  It shipped out on Wed as two day delivery.  First time I have had an issue with packages going out. I guess I got Drumsandbeer's delivery bug or something.  
I feel for you JP. At least your payload skipped the Disney noise. ;)

I don't know about that. I distinctly remember that when that Fokker passed me the other day I could hear faint strains of "It's a Small World"!  I'm not sure how that works out, but you know they say D Land is the magic kingdom and all...so I'm thinking' anything is possible!

No update? Package was in Indy yesterday and departed today. I swear, I need a new pilot. This one must have holes in his head or something!

d4klutz":haeg7xzu said:
No update?  Package was in Indy yesterday and departed today.  I swear, I need a new pilot.  This one must have holes in his head or something!
No bombs fell today. I am bracing myself for day 4. I did clear the debris out of the den and bought some mason jars to preserve evidence.

Fr_Tom":tecx1tbk said:
d4klutz":tecx1tbk said:
No update?  Package was in Indy yesterday and departed today.  I swear, I need a new pilot.  This one must have holes in his head or something!
No bombs fell today. I am bracing myself for day 4. I did clear the debris out of the den and bought some mason jars to preserve evidence.
Getting lulled into a false sense of security :twisted:

Blackhorse":7q899r1q said:
I think the pilot is Goofy!
Ha, Ha, Ha.... :p

You know the same thing happened to me last month. Every now and then the USPS likes to make everyone look goofy.

Bureaucratic Revenge!..

PS - today I got someone else's package. Same street number as me (710), wrong street entirely. It was the only item I received and it had me thinking about who had my mail. :twisted: :evil:

MichaelM":jxikkfji said:
Getting lulled into a false sense of security :twisted:
The home base is very basic - no radar or early warning system. We discovered that the dogs are effective in this regard. They are able to sense incoming ordinance with good reliability. Their barking is almost at air raid siren volume. We are on alert today.

Well, gentlemen, Its a wash. I don't know what is going on with my package. It left Indy and is now back in North Houston!

check it out tracking

I am utterly confused and dismayed. I apologize for this epic failure of the fine men and women of the USPS. When its journey is done, I think I will list the itinerary for all to mock and laugh at. My wife is actually going down to the post office to see what we can do about getting the box back in our hands and then resending it out... albeit via concorde jet this time.

I am FIRING that Fokker pilot when he gets back. :lol!: His piloting skills are very questionable.

d4klutz":zukhcv9h said:
Well, gentlemen,  Its a wash.  I don't know what is going on with my package.  It left Indy and is now back in North Houston!  
God's mill often grinds slow but exceedingly fine.

Sometimes the USPS just grinds slow.

I am still digging out of rubble here. I received a package from WI containing a tin of Five O'Clock Shadow and a Zavvos pipe at the office today. It was a random act of kindness from someone in WI no longer on BoB. "My cup runneth over."