Operation: Capricious Destiny

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
zjgilbert":r3tn5p8u said:
Also, how many days is this going to last? Just until the prizes are gone?
Yes, pretty much. So it could be over in a couple of days if everyone gets hits right away, but if I succeed in my cunning plan then some should be tricky to find and difficult to predict, which will make it last longer. At worst it shouldn't last much more than a week if everyone misses. Actually I'll help you aim: I'll probably just put everything on the top left of the board. (He's lying he's going bottom right!!!!) Its a trap he's going to deploy around the edges!! No wait...

I read that the best tactic is to deploy symmetrically, so I'll do that.

:pirat:

Well I don't know about you guys, but I'm having fun already...

You, sir are evil. Well you throw enough stuff at the wall and you will hit somethin eventually. Shotgun approach!

Wow, well worth the wait! Well done, this sounds great! And, thanks to all who provided prizes and put time into this... unless you're the Shadow. :twisted:

Sounds fun, but I didn't see my name on the roster and I signed up way back on page 3! :p

Ah hell, I was just enjoying the feeling of being competent for a min there. Sorry Uber, I'll get you on the board right away.

Greyson":8g4ncruj said:
Ah hell, I was just enjoying the feeling of being competent for a min there. Sorry Uber, I'll get you on the board right away.
No harm, no foul, pal! Thanks for all the effort you've put into this. It's very well organized. :D

That should be all the roster posts in the thread updated to the final squadron. If I've missed anyone else that was active duty and posted a signup, do let me know.

I'll post the first target board at 12 midnight GMT / 7PM EDT on the 7th (8th for me) and call a ceasefire on day 1 bombing the following day at about that time, I'll try to keep to around the same time each day as a cutoff point - hopefully that means those with day jobs over there wont be disadvantaged. I don't know how long it will take me to mark up a board, hopefully not too long, and once the updated boards are up you can send your new coordinates.

It almost sounds rational if you say it fast enough.

Just a reminder guys, by this time tomorrow the first target will be up, and ready for your bombing runs.

Be ready!

Blackhorse":u8gvu7sd said:
Oh GOD! How I've waited for this. Someone else's mission thing.

Setting my mission timer now... 4:00 p.m. Pacific Time. Finger poised over the fire button.

Don't get too comfortable, BH...October's BoB Bomber mission ought to be just around the corner!

At this point in time, I can just see all the other guys...hunched over their keyboards with their fingers hovering over the 'send' button.

Beads of sweat dripping off their noses...

I was wondering if I should give a 5 min warning... I see you beat me to it BH!

Gentlemen, here is the first target board, the weather is fine and you are cleared to begin your bombing runs.

mysterycity.jpg

Remember, please submit your three target choices by PM, a ceasefire for day 1 will be called in approximately 24 hours.

Also, the location for this Operation has been chosen totally at random, I'd never let my personal beliefs on what might be funny affect the mission. That's not what OCD is all about.

But if anyone can identify the city, well, I'll be impressed.

Dang computer! My computer's clock said 4:00 p.m. (Pacific) and when I sent the PM it was timestamped 3:58 pm. Perfect. Well, I was still legal I hope. Whatever.

Nice target graphic.

Good luck mates!