R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TallyCannon":7crzrf8t said:
Well thats great. I just got an email form Watch City.

"I have 0 Margate left in stock at this time and I have no Idea when
another shipment will arrive. It just doesn't make it to the States fast
enough or in great quantity. I cancel all out of stock orders but I will
alert you at the time of the next Margate shipment"

Why even have it on the site where I have to go thru the whole process of ordering it.. just to cancel it.
Well, blast. After reading this post, I checked my email and had a similar message. So similar, in fact, that this is what it said:

"I have no Margate left in stock at this time and I have no Idea when another shipment will arrive. It just doesn't make it to the States fast enough or in great quantity. I cancel all out of stock orders but I will alert you at the time of the next Margate shipment"

I'm guessing he sent us both the same email, despite the fact that I ordered Penzance, not Margate.

As I mentioned, this was my first order from Watch City, and it looks like it will be the last.

For you guys who have been waiting to acquire an entire box of J Fuego Origen Original's, or the J Fuego Sangre De Toro Originals, Cigar Place just got them in and they are still less than $100 per box of 60.

If you wait to place your order until this Friday the 1st, shipping will be free...

http://www.cigarplace.biz/index.cfm/a/catalog.cigarBrand/brandid/1839/

http://www.cigarplace.biz//index.cfm/a/catalog.prodshow/vid/42015

J_-Fuego-IPCPR-2011-3-480x330.png

Well Watch City was not a total loss. I emailed him back and got the last 250 gram box he had of SG St James Flake!

What's up with the subscription feature? I didn't get notice of the most recent spottings of Penzance etc. The only reason I came to look was that I mistook the notice from 2/13 as new and clicked on the link.

Same thing happened to me. There seems to be a glitch with the watch feature. I only got some of the notifications. Funny thing is I just got notified of your post.

Ram2711":vegor071 said:
Same thing happened to me. There seems to be a glitch with the watch feature. I only got some of the notifications. Funny thing is I just got notified of your post.
And I got notification of yours. I originally didn't post but just hit the watch button. When I discovered that I wasn't getting any notifications I posted and then started getting them. Fast forward to today. It's normally not a big deal but this particular thread is time-critical.

Not sure how rarely available it is, but I had to patiently wait for it. Fusiliers Ration is back in stock at P&C. They also said to expect Cerberus back in by the end of the week.

Does not look like there is a thread for Rarely Available Cigars and someone has posted cigars prior… so

My Father Flor de las Antillas Toro have been hard to find since Cigar Aficionado Magazine ranked them No.1 for 2012. Top Quality Cigars has them in stock - $118.08. I received mine today and 2 free Don Pepin 2005 Vintage Cigars.

http://www.topqualitycigars.com/MY_FATHER_FLOR_DE_LAS_ANTILLAS.html

Foxfire":104vcqlo said:
8oz. bags of Penzance at Black Cat Cigars.

I just ordered a bag and made sure to verify that it was in stock before ordering. I've never ordered from them before, but I read some reviews online and they seem to be a reputable outfit.
When Squadron Leader was hard to come by, they reportedly had some in stock and I ordered a couple tins. After three weeks I still had not received my tins. I sent several emails and received no response. Then SL started popping up all over the place and I ordered two more tins from another vender. My Black Cat order did eventually show up, at about the same time as my subsequent order did. I don't know if they offered it for sale before they actually had the stock, or they sold out and back ordered my shipment without telling me, but I was put off by their lack of communication so I never ordered from them again. Its a shame too, because I used to frequent their retail shop when they still had a location here in town. I know many people still speak highly of their shop out in county, but I haven't been there myself. I would give them another shot if they had something that I really wanted.

I called them and they said it was actually in stock, so I placed the order. Whether it shows up or not is a different story, I guess, but I received a shipping notification from them.

(((EDIT 3/19/13 @ 2000 CST)))I just received a notice from UPS saying that something will be here Friday from Black Cat. I'll update this post when I receive it as to whether or not it is a full 8oz. of authentic Penzance.

(((EDIT 3/22/13))) Received my bag of Penzance today and it is indeed authentic. I've already smoked two pipes of it! Just fyi, if anyone is looking for the stuff.

I read some reviews online that were positive, but now this has me a bit worried. I'll update when/if the Penzance actually shows up and is the authentic stuff or not.

Dave_In_Philly":3ox3y0mm said:
When Squadron Leader was hard to come by, they reportedly had some in stock and I ordered a couple tins. After three weeks I still had not received my tins. I sent several emails and received no response. Then SL started popping up all over the place and I ordered two more tins from another vender.
I'm wondering if Penzance will show up at a few other vendors in a day or few. It seems to happen this way sometimes. I can't bring myself to spend about $40 on 8oz of something that I don't know for a fact I'll like so I guess I'll take a chance on waiting and trying to keep an eye out.

i just got some penzance at cvtobacco a couple days ago.. i just signed up here and found this thread, it seems like you can always add the stuff to your cart and they dont have an out of stock on the site though, so you might get lucky, i had added stonehaven to my cart too but they said it was out of stock, so, i dont know if they still have some, but its worth a shot. if someone has some stonehaven they want to trade for some penzance, pm me, id be happy to do so because i want to try that one too!
happy hunting guys!

Thanks Hiram! I just ordered an 8oz. bag of Penzance, and it appears there are still a few left!