R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got one this morning! One pound of Penzance in the cellar in less than a week! woohoo!

(In case anyone missed my post above, I also got an 8oz. bag from Black Cat Cigars)

Pipes and Cigars currently has in stock:

Hamborger Veermanster, Old Ironsides, and Pirate Kake

BriarBrad":fysljm5k said:
That outfit shows stock and usually is not. Be warned.
Hopefully it is there in stock. I usually check most online spots a few times a week, and it has been listed out of stock there, and just recently showed as in stock.

Got an email telling me my order is shipped! Will make for a total of 2 lbs of Penzance this month! As a side note, I will NOT be EBAYing it, I will be smoking it :)

4Noggins has Wessex Brigade Dark Flake in now. Get it before the hoaders do. They have Old Dark Fired, too.

utahpipeman":cxerg323 said:
4 Noggins also has Astley's No. 44.
I forgot to mention that. Thanks. I got some of that, too. Btw, the Wessex DF is all gone.

JimInks":u5kx1frm said:
4Noggins has Wessex Brigade Dark Flake in now. Get it before the hoaders do. They have Old Dark Fired, too.
I think the hoarders are the ones who watch these threads most closely, just sayin. ;)

keen smoke":w4v89nyf said:
JimInks":w4v89nyf said:
I think the hoarders are the ones who watch these threads most closely, just sayin. ;)
I cannot argue that point. :( I will admit that a couple of times, I managed to get some tobacco that way. I'm stocking the cellar, but I'm not one of those crazy hoarders. I don't need 300 pounds of tobacco.

keen smoke":mp0bzi4r said:
JimInks":mp0bzi4r said:
I will argue that point. I don't think I'm a hoarder. I don't have more than 10 tins of anything. Problem is, because hoarding has become so common, if I don't buy 5 to 10 tins of certain favorites (Astley's No. 44 and Wessex Brigade Campaign) when they are available, I have a good chance of being out for the year. For me, there is no substitute for those two tobaccos. So, for smokers like me, it is wise to watch this thread and I appreciate that it exists.

utahpipeman":t7qw83so said:
keen smoke":t7qw83so said:
JimInks":t7qw83so said:
I will argue that point. I don't think I'm a hoarder. I don't have more than 10 tins of anything. Problem is, because hoarding has become so common, if I don't buy 5 to 10 tins of certain favorites (Astley's No. 44 and Wessex Brigade Campaign) when they are available, I have a good chance of being out for the year. For me, there is no substitute for those two tobaccos. So, for smokers like me, it is wise to watch this thread and I appreciate that it exists.
I agree that does not make you a hoarder. Many of us do the same thing. That's just being a pipe smoker.

utahpipeman":u1s6cfuj said:
keen smoke":u1s6cfuj said:
JimInks":u1s6cfuj said:
Fair enough (and I don't think you're a "hoarder"). I only meant to say that those who really want to stock a huge cellar and are dedicated to it/put a lot of energy into it are very likely to be watching threads like these on all the various boards constantly. I agree its wise to watch them - but just as they might help you snag something, they also help cause stampedes that might not happen without them. And they help other folks like you (not "hoarders") buy it all up if you don't see it in time yourself, because like you they know they may not be seeing it again anytime soon.

Anyway, nothing wrong with it - just an observation. Good luck in your search!