R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never get emailed when there is a post in this thread. I have to check it more often.

CupoJoe's wants $51.16 for a 250 gram box of SJF. I think not. I'll wait.

JimInks exactly, it can usually be found at the small online shops, which means way too high. They'll sit on the shelf ageing for years,  that may be worth it.   :lol!:  The tins are hard to come by, though I did hit a one day sale six months ago, called them and took all they had at $6.50.  :bounce: 

Craig

St. James at Smoking Pipes, limit 8 boxes per customer. Better hurry!

Balkan Sobranie is available at 4Noggins, as well as some Esoterica Blends. In case anyone is interested.

$95!!!!!!!!!! for a tin of fricken Penzance?????
That's a joke right? :suspect:

Northern Neil":lbr8pbin said:
Balkan Sobranie is available at 4Noggins, as well as some Esoterica Blends. In case anyone is interested.
I just ordered 2 tins before it was gone...

Thanks Mate!

Cartaphilus":ady86ac1 said:
$95!!!!!!!!!! for a tin of fricken Penzance?????
That's a joke right? :suspect:
No, but that is under the consignment tin section (he's selling the tin for someone else). When Rich gets legitimate stock in he charges regular rates, so no need to panic :)

Cartaphilus":ej0p561u said:
joshoowah":ej0p561u said:
lost sailor":ej0p561u said:
Some penzance, B.S.,a few others  :arrow:     watch city cigar
Never heard of the place...anyone ever used it?
Yep, Pretty flaky operation. They don't update there site and let you order something they don't have, then make you wait to get your money back.
It's only one guy there. Before ordering, call him to check availability. That's what I did.
It turned out that there's only one bag of Penzance, and I called because there was no option outside US. I called for assistance how to order, and by the way I asked whether it's available, it turned out there's only one bag.
Also, there was only one tin of BS, and now there isn't anymore because I've ordered it.

There's option however to order as much as you want. No quantities update. You better check to be sure.

balkan_boy":rl4gskkg said:
Cartaphilus":rl4gskkg said:
joshoowah":rl4gskkg said:
lost sailor":rl4gskkg said:
Some penzance, B.S.,a few others  :arrow:     watch city cigar
Never heard of the place...anyone ever used it?
Yep, Pretty flaky operation. They don't update there site and let you order something they don't have, then make you wait to get your money back.
It's only one guy there. Before ordering, call him to check availability. That's what I did.
It turned out that there's only one bag of Penzance, and I called because there was no option outside US. I called for assistance how to order, and by the way I asked whether it's available, it turned out there's only one bag.
Also, there was only one tin of BS, and now there isn't anymore because I've ordered it.
Gees! It didn't take long before someone seen my post before I deleted it.
I retracted my statement because I was thinking or another site with a name close to it.
In others words "Never mind wrong place!"  :fpalm: 

Every time I get this update, I hope to all that is dear Penzance, Stonehaven, Margate, and/or Peacehaven are back in stock. I've yet to get my hands on any of the above for sometime because this stuff is hoarded to the greatest degree possible. Being half-way across the world and 8 hours ahead doesn't help the situation.

Watch City is a great company. They have some excellent house blends, if you like VA/Pers I'd recommend their Flake 556 (which is really a crumble cake, not flake). Great stuff.

joshoowah":i1mzncz5 said:
Every time I get this update, I hope to all that is dear Penzance, Stonehaven, Margate, and/or Peacehaven are back in stock. I've yet to get my hands on any of the above for sometime because this stuff is hoarded to the greatest degree possible.  
It's never going to be "in stock" at the prices they are selling it for. It sells out before you can reach for your wallet. Just a fact of life and market conditions. I don't really care; they're not the only game in town.

Ram2711":05ithuty said:
I have never heard of Watch City cigars but the website looks amateurish.
One brother here (doody) ordered from Watch City and vouched for them and their in house blends.