R.A.T.S. Rarely Available Tobacco Signal

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I was sent a comfirmation e-mail by Windy City Cigars saying my Balkan Sobranie order would be processed. Now, I understand, via telephone, that my order has been cancelled, and they have removed the product from their website. I think I'll not bother with them again.

Windy City is NOT WATCH City - But wait til JR reads this from their homepage: "WindyCityCigars.com is the biggest online cigar store in the U.S.A. We carry the best collection of cigars at the best prices."

Cadfael":cdnchsvi said:
Windy City is NOT WATCH City - But wait til JR reads this from their homepage: "WindyCityCigars.com is the biggest online cigar store in the U.S.A. We carry the best collection of cigars at the best prices."
Agreed. But I thought I'd let people know what happened to me. In fact, I'm learning other people faced the same problem with Windy City that I did. The lady I spoke with is inefficient and clueless.

Richard Burley":0vv6j3g9 said:
joshoowah":0vv6j3g9 said:
Every time I get this update, I hope to all that is dear Penzance, Stonehaven, Margate, and/or Peacehaven are back in stock. I've yet to get my hands on any of the above for sometime because this stuff is hoarded to the greatest degree possible.  
It's never going to be "in stock" at the prices they are selling it for.  It sells out before you can reach for your wallet. Just a fact of life and market conditions.  I don't really care; they're not the only game in town.
I agree. It's simple supply and demand economics. The demand is high, so prices should increase. Since they don't increase at retailers, they sell out fast and the eBay prices actually reflect true market value. At the same time, people get upset when a merchant raises prices on one of these. You can't have it both ways. Sometimes it seems as if we hate big government when it put restrictions/taxes on smoking, but we want them to fix retail tobacco prices so they can't increase with market demand. [/rant]

The Pipe Guys have Vincent Manil's La Brumeuse.

For those that are unaware, it's fairly rare and the Pipe Guys is the only American tobacco retailer (that I know) that carry it. I'm not sure how much they have but you can only order 1 per.

joshoowah":swnanf79 said:

For those that are unaware, it's fairly rare and the Pipe Guys is the only American tobacco retailer (that I know) that carry it.  I'm not sure how much they have but you can only order 1 per.
I received a brick of Vincent Manil La Brumeuse Semois Thick Cut from the Pipe Guys a few days ago. It's not what I expected. It's a fairly dry ribbon cut that burns quickly -- best to pack it tightly and sip it slowly. It's rather unique -- best described as "burley-like," and I enjoy it.

Is it worth $30 (including shipping) for a 100 gram brick? I think so.

rothnh":2s3uijmq said:
joshoowah":2s3uijmq said:

For those that are unaware, it's fairly rare and the Pipe Guys is the only American tobacco retailer (that I know) that carry it.  I'm not sure how much they have but you can only order 1 per.
I received a brick of Vincent Manil La Brumeuse Semois Thick Cut from the Pipe Guys a few days ago.  It's not what I expected.  It's a fairly dry ribbon cut that burns quickly -- best to pack it tightly and sip it slowly.  It's rather unique -- best described as "burley-like," and I enjoy it.  

Is it worth $30 (including shipping) for a 100 gram brick?  I think so.
The good thing about it is it is basically 2x the tobacco of any other 100g tin because of its lack of moisture. Basically, it is 4 50g tins. I think it is more than worth it, even if to just try.

joshoowah":a2vd5g89 said:
The good thing about it is it is basically 2x the tobacco of any other 100g tin because of its lack of moisture.  Basically, it is 4 50g tins. I think it is more than worth it, even if to just try.
Agreed. The 100 gram brick of this Semois filled 3 half-pint mason jars with enough left over for a few bowls to smoke right away.

rothnh":9uygmkwt said:
joshoowah":9uygmkwt said:
The good thing about it is it is basically 2x the tobacco of any other 100g tin because of its lack of moisture.  Basically, it is 4 50g tins. I think it is more than worth it, even if to just try.
Agreed.  The 100 gram brick of this Semois filled 3 half-pint mason jars with enough left over for a few bowls to smoke right away.
I'm trying my hardest to get a layover in Belgium when we head back to the States in May so I can visit Vincent.

I think Windy City has Campaign. They tried to get me to take some (sort of...long story) when they crossed the streams on my order and another guy's.

I did get end up with a halfer of Blackpool though. Good price.

What I'm really looking for is Dunbar and/or Dorchester.

a few Esoterica blends at www.milantobacco.com (penzance and stonehaven are gone already)

PozzSka":9ev43ngi said:
a few Esoterica blends at www.milantobacco.com (penzance and stonehaven are gone already)
So...who was lucky enough to get Stonehaven? I had about 4 ounces of it once and have yet to get my hands on any in two years.