Rapid Uptick In Covid Cases

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve seen many stories of folks whining like 5 year olds after coming down with Delta… for not getting vaccinated. Many of them seem to spin it that they "weren't able" to get the vaccination rather than they were anti vaxers and chose not to believe every credible medical source urging folks to do it. I feel very sorry for them.
If they have chosen not to get vaccinated and get ill, I have absolutely no sympathy for them. They made a conscious choice, not only about their own health, but also about the health of others.

If they have chosen not to get vaccinated and get ill, I have absolutely no sympathy for them. They made a conscious choice, not only about their own health, but also about the health of others.
The general consensus among many in the medical community seems to be that those that chose not to get vaccinated are the cause of the current national spike of infections. But looking at what other credible sources are saying…that vaccinated folks can spread the virus as well…it’s not QUITE so simple. But it is true that if everyone had been vaccinated we would only be seeing ”mild” cases now instead of the critical stuff that’s flooding the health care system. It’s truly pathetic.

I'm back to wearing this in public.

clown-mask-with-hair.jpg

Everywhere I've gone in the last couple of days, I see people masking up again.

I'm surprised PBS anchor, Judy Woodruff is only 74. I think she looks older.
I wouldn't venture to guess how many, but she's had a few surgeries. PBS didn't escape the aesthetics game.

Some things and people are impossible to understand. My son-in-law's sister and her husband refuse to get vaccinated, even though several people in their town, unvaccinated, have died of Covid. They believe that Covid and the vaccination are part of a Chinese plot to take over the world.

I have a close female friend who specifically moved to Florida to avoid a mask mandate and the requirement of her long time employer to get vaccinated. She was semi-retired, getting paid 30K a year for working 18 hrs. weekly. Nothing will convince her that Covid is real; not a hoax.

Last edited:
I know a guy who has more problems than you can shake a stick at. Can barely walk because his legs are so weak. Constantly gets pneumonia. In his 80s. Can't drive because of vision related to his poor health. Wife is basically a caretaker. He gets deathly sick, but refuses to get tested. Finally gets to the point his lungs collapse and is taken to the ER. Has pneumonia related to the covid and then ends up on a ventilator. Sure 'nough, has covid. Wife then gets covid, and now she's in the hospital.

They have a niece who works in the biomed field in some capacity. I don't know if she's a scientist, administrator, or a salesman. On her word alone, nobody in the family will get vaccinated, and this is quite a large family. Even with these two going to the hospital and him almost dying, the lot still will not get vaccinated. Not one of them.

I was privy to the woman recounting her conversation with her physician, and myself and another person, after she had hung up the phone, looked at each other and both said she's still thinking its all nonsense. I almost envy that kind of faith. My common sense is willing to entertain any possibility, including all the things we don't know, but these people are 100%. Amazing.

I cannot imagine what the increases in our medical insurance premiums will be. A person declines vaccination; gets Covid; and is hospitalized for weeks, often in an ICU. Someone is going to repay the medical insurance company for the hundreds of thousand$ expended and it certainly isn't just the patient.
An uninsured unvaccinated patient goes in through the ER at any hospital, public or private and is hospitalized with Covid...every taxpayer pays.

I cannot imagine what the increases in our medical insurance premiums will be. A person declines vaccination; gets Covid; and is hospitalized for weeks, often in an ICU. Someone is going to repay the medical insurance company for the hundreds of thousand$ expended and it certainly isn't just the patient.
An uninsured unvaccinated patient goes in through the ER at any hospital, public or private and is hospitalized with Covid...every taxpayer pays.
the carrot....reward those who take steps towards leading healthy lives

I have a close female friend who specifically moved to Florida to avoid a mask mandate and the requirement of her long time employer to get vaccinated. She was semi-retired, getting paid 30K a year for working 18 hrs. weekly. Nothing will convince her that Covid is real; not a hoax.
I am now convinced she is f-ing crazy. We spoke this afternoon and she admits that the Florida hospitals are packed with anti-vaxers suffering from the delta variant, but she still believes its all a hoax and refuses to get vaccinated.