Secret Santa 2009 II.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was positive Santa was a Minnesota Vikings fan. The great white north and all. Santa has been on a roll this year. :santa:

I woke up this morning, ran a quick errand, and was just heading out to the car to go to work when suddenly I notice a familiar red, white and blue vehicle pulling up next to my house! Could it be that my SS has arrived? Yes! and it was filled with some pretty awesome baccy goodies from the North (and I mean North! Santa's relocated to Anchorage!), some I'm familiar with, and others which I will be very excited to try:

One 2 oz. tin of the following:

Balkan Sasieni (the first English/Balkan I'd ever tried... haven't smoked it for a while, so I'm very curious to revisit it!)
GLP Robusto (for quite a while I've been wanting to try out cigar leaf blends, cuz I likes a good see-gar on occasion)
GLP Odyssey (one of my favorites!!! this stuff is the definition of a dark beauty!!)
Dunhill's MM 965 (I have only been able to get my hands on the bulk version, so I'm extremely extremely happy about this!!!)

Bulk samples of:

Old Joe Krantz (I don't know what it is I love about this tobacco, but I'm addicted to it)
Esoterica's Stonehaven (have been wanting to try for a good while!!)
Bosun Cut Plug (just read a bit abt it on tob. reviews... sounds like it'll be a very different experience!)

Plus a nice sized bulk bag of GLP Westminster, which I love. I was extremely happy with these awesome goodies, but ol Sandypaws is known for his generosity, so he didn't stop there. He also included some of Mrs. Claus's famous Crabapple jelly (I've never had the pleasure of trying crabapple jelly, so I'm quite curious to see what it's like), a delicious Toblerone bar (the wonderful baccies it traveled with have given it a bit of a smoky flavour, which I think tastes awesome), RCH's "Pipesmoking, A 21stCentury Guide" (I feel like I've said "this is awesome" or "I'm very excited" about everything I received, but I mean it! Santa knows me better than I know myself! I've wanted to read this since I first became interested in pipes several yrs. ago), cork knocker, individual pipe stand, and a nice adjustable reamer (of all the things I've been needing to get, this was one of the most important. Thanks Santa!).

Thank you, thank you, thank you SS (whoever you may be!)!!!! I am extremely happy about each and every thing you sent me.. many thanks for your enjoyable letter also!!!

Got word of a package at the old homestead... has Santa landed in New Haven? I'll find out tomorrow...

Looks like we have 4 guys without their box and 3 confirmations that a box has been sent.......

Its all on you now Bubba... Don't let us down.

Santa dropped by for a smoke this morning :)

A fine zippo lighter, pipecleaners and sweetner, some tasty cigars, a cutter and several packages of tobaccos that I have not yet tried :)

Yes Virginia, there is a Santa - and he smokes a pipe.

Nearly forgot - also a cheerful looking little snowman, currently watching me enjoy my christmas booty

I hope whoevers send the box that shows up last remembers the long standing tradition of buying the administrator of this mess a new pipe.. Hey I didn't make the rule, it was in place long before I started running this, honest, pinky swear, and all that.. ( disclosure: just in case anyone thinks I'm serious, I'm not).

Gandalf, does the zippo have a pipe insert? AND we gotta know what blends ya got.. Its in the rules, page 1182 paragraph 7, subsection C.

Egads - didn't mean to trash the rules...

blends:

1) Yes Virginia - Thomas Hinds Tobacconist - Canada
2) Sea Breeze - Abenaki Tobacco - New Hampshire
3) Club Blend - Pipes Ltd. - not sure of the location
4) W.O. Larson Signature Vintage Mixture
5) McClelland 2015
6) unknown blend - but I have hopes of playing "name that blend" and figuring it out :)

Cigars are Quorum Little Q - Nicaragua

Zippo is a nice brushed silver, classic flip variety - as reliable as the daily mail :)

Despite rumors of my naughtiness, Santa apparently thought otherwise! I opened a tremendous parcel to find my favorites represented:

Solani ABF
Reiner LGF
SHPC Great Hiatus and VR
McC Beacon
DH Nightcap (Santa must have a connection)
A few bunches of pipe cleaners
A card of good cheer from the jolly old elf hisself
And 45 Swans a-swimming: a box of Swan Vestas, the Cadillac of matches.

I'm touched by the generosity of the Brotherhood as usual--both giving and considerate. Santa read me like a book.

Thanks, Santa!

Very cool! It's great that folks are willing to give up those no longer available tins.

3 little monleys jumpin on the bed, 1 fell off and broke his head, momma called the doctor the doctor said No more monkeys jumpin on the bed..

2 little monkeys jumpin on the bed..

Wonder which one will fall off next?

puros_bran":6u6jr3r0 said:
Centurian?

Dover?
puros_bran":6u6jr3r0 said:
Confirmation numbers show packages delivered.... Where you guys at?
PB: I have been VERY busy at work. 0400-2230 T/W/TH this week (Plus, I am writing this at work right now!!!! :D )
My Wife received the package yesterday. I have yet had the opportunity to open it.
I will do so Tomorrow on my day off. Once I do, I'll post the findings.
I know the package came from Washington State........wonder who it is????? hmmmmmm. :santa:

I kinda figured it was something like that...
But I admit I was a bit worried about your whereabouts, mostly because of your job and I've grown accustomed to seeing you on everyday.

Great plays Santas! I am kind of sorry about watching from the sidelines but joyous just the same!

I think the board secret santa is one of my favorite things I do every year... Really is fun. Thanks again PB for setting it up.