Secret Santa 2009 II.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Santa.. You've blown me away....

Santa sent out a two package.. The first one with all those wonderful Virginias I had wanted to try.. The second one with what he called "Extras".. I was expecting some pipe cleaners, maybe a pipetool, you know.. Extras...
Nope.. Santas idea of extras is 2 pipes (a poker and a HUGE pot) a 9 pipe lazy susan with the jar in the middle, a 100g tin each of Orlik Dark Strong Ky and Scotch Type. A Punch Gran Puro, Alex Brady SCR, Rocky Patel Edge, Cusano Habano LXI, a CAO Italia, a huge unbanded cigar, and a pack of Cohiba matches...

Thanks Santa.. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Twas the Monday 2 weeks before Christmas, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.
The stockings were piled by the laundry basket with care,
In hopes that my Secret Santa soon would be there.

I was nestled all snug in my bed,
While visions of baccys danced in my head.
And dogs in the kennels, and I in my cap,
Had just settled our brains for a long winter’s nap.

When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.
Away to the window I flew like a flash,
Tore open the shutters and threw up the sash.

The morning sun on the breast of the half melted snow
Gave the lustre of mid-day to objects below.
When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,
A white USPS box, which I met with a tear.
------------------------------------------------------------------
In all seriousness folks, WOWOWOW! :rendeer: :santa: :rendeer:
So a suspicious package arrived to from a land far far away, Iowa.
I open it and am totally blown away! What an amazing assortment from one very generous fellow BoB'r. I think I yelled so loud when I opened it I woke the entire neighborhood.

Inside was this glorious booty:
-2oz SPC Plum Pudding (been dying to try some of this)
-2oz Frog Morton (yet another I've heard so much about)
-McClelland No. 27 Virgina
-2oz Esoterica And So To Bed
-Bag of Butternut Burley (Smells amazing)
-Bag Balkan Sesini (check another off the list)
-Big Bag 1792 Flake (one of my current favorites)

If that was not enough.......
-A beautiful MacBaren pouch
-Pipe Nail
-Longs XL pipe cleaners
Last but certainly not least.....
A gorgeous lightly used Radice w/ probably my favorite finish. Stunning!

The Haul:

I've not quite figured out who to attribute this gift to but thank you, thank you, thank you! Talk about X-mas spirit, I've been buzzing around the house all morning puffing away on the new pipe with some of the balkan sesini! Heavenly! :santa:

Thanks Secret Santa,
Drew :cheers: :santa: :cheers:

Another great score. That's a damn fine looking Radice with a great blast. Good Job :santa: !

Way to go Santa. I have a Radice very similar to that one and it is one of my favorite smokes. Yee Haw Santa!!!

I'm just floored this year.

I thought we had a bad economy. I honestly expected this to be one of the umm not worst but less years of Secret Santa.. Noooooo, you guys gotta go proving me wrong...lol. Fluffin 2-3-400 buck boxes flying around like nobodys business...
Yall are something else, no doubt about it.

It has been quite an amazing year and not even over yet... I guess I wanted to keep my guy on the edge of his seat as long as I could. :lol:

I just caught that Ken got a brand new Cavicchi.... Not bad for chopped liver. ;)

That's why I've continued doing it every year... Sure its fun 'getting' a box...
But it tickles me so much more when really good guys get their mailbox obliterated. It does me ole heart good.

OUTSTANDING Santas !!! It makes my day just to come home and log on BOB and read the Secret Santa posts for the day. I'm still being blown away by the ongoing generosity of the brothers. I keep telling my family about all the gifting going on on here and they think it's totally awesome. Pipe smokers are a "different breed" of folks, and I am very proud to say that I'm a member here. You all are the only pipe smokers I interact with, I don't know anyone in my area that smokes a pipe. So this has been a truly wonderful experience for me.

puros_bran":5km5iydp said:
Santa.. You've blown me away....

Santa sent out a two package.. The first one with all those wonderful Virginias I had wanted to try.. The second one with what he called "Extras".. I was expecting some pipe cleaners, maybe a pipetool, you know.. Extras...
Nope.. Santas idea of extras is 2 pipes (a poker and a HUGE pot) a 9 pipe lazy susan with the jar in the middle, a 100g tin each of Orlik Dark Strong Ky and Scotch Type. A Punch Gran Puro, Alex Brady SCR, Rocky Patel Edge, Cusano Habano LXI, a CAO Italia, a huge unbanded cigar, and a pack of Cohiba matches...

Thanks Santa.. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
PB:That's sounds like quite a haul!

You should know that Santa is very big on his cigars!
Maybe the HUGE UNBANDED CIGAR is naked for a reason........hmmmm?
Maybe you'll want some good aged rum or a mojito with it :D
Just a thought......................

Too funny... The first thing I thought when he said the cigar didn't have a band I thought exactly that.

Santa Claus came to town! :cheers:

I wasn't able to post up until now from all the goings on of this weekend, but Saturday I was greeted by quite the package! Santa was good to me!

Inside I found a set of Cincinnati Bengals ear warmers (which my 8 year old promptly claimed, but I know I'll be wearing em!) which is awesome because I was just walking outside that morning and the only part of me that was cold was my ears...Santa knows all.

Next up was a couple of Missouri Meerschaums (one nice Country Gentlemen and an Ozark Mini)! Then I noticed the unmistakable aroma of English tobacco...I found 3 bags (three!!!) of the following tobacco:

• 4 oz of Strauss Tobacconist Private Stock Aromatic (which doesn't smell like an aromatic but almost like a sweet English..mmm)

• Looks like about 8 oz of Bells Premium Exquisite English

• 9 oz bag of Strauss Tobacconist Private Stock (which smells like camp fire toasty, spicy, English heaven)

Next up was a tin of McClellands Grand Orientals Yenidje Highlander which I love! Then two tins that blew my mind...one tin of the 2009 NASPC GL Pease Blend Tree Beard and another 2009 NASPC Blend Gimlis Stash!!! WOW! I couldn't believe it when I saw those...and no way will I be selling those on eBay...those are being moved to my "special occasion stash".

A huge thanks to my secret Santa...your generosity put a huge smile on my face for Christmas...can't wait to report back on all these blends!

Thanks again!

Quick pic for reference! :D

Now that is cool... The limited edition GLP tobaccos alone require a big :cheers:

I'm running out of things to say about Santa, he keeps on blowing my mind. WAY TO GO Santa !!!

Just wait until October of next year when I post this up and you spend 1/2 hour reading it again...

For what its worth: that Pease stuff is probably ruined, you'll never get that Cincinasty Bungles stench off of it.... :D. Just teasin, Way to go Santa!

This year has definitely raised the bar for next...the amazing generosity in this group gets me all choked up in a sappy Holiday movie sorta fashion. :santa:

Good people here...good people...