Secret Santa 2009 II.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright guys I F'd up this morning. Had my stuff ready to go, just needed to put it in a box and mail it off. Was so happy I was going to make the deadline and then I left it all on my kitchen table! Had to much crap on my mind this morning and wasn't thinking about the important stuff. IT WILL GO OUT TOMORROW!

Mine as well should be out tomorrow...a day past deadline, but I ran into a snag getting the stuff I wanted to go in it, so plan B came into effect.

Santa was in town today! :santa:

I will do a pic later, forgot to bring a camera down to the cellar.

1 Kirk Bosi Limited Edition partial rusticated bent pipe. Almost identical in shape to a Bosi cherrywood pipe I have. Kirk makes a good smoker.

8ounces of Stonehaven. Guys have been crying on all the forums about how hard this has been to get.

8ounces of C&D Bailey's Front Porch from 2007. The tin has just a bit of swelling going on. Very nice.

2ounces of Dunhill Early Morning Pipe.

Santa hit the mark right on for me. He knows I love that toasty taste I find in many of the Dunhill blends. That I like a bit of strength. That I also like burly blends. And I like blends that remind me of what the uncles smoked when I was a kid. Santa also gave up one of his best smokers in his Bosi. A super nice gesture. Thanks Santa! :santa:

Santa Rocks... Now if we could just get him separated from this lousy holiday... :santa: :santa: :santa:

Actually he is, in this community Santa strikes all year long.

Box #2 is up, up, and away!!!!!
Still waiting for the old fat guy to slide down my chimney!!!! :santa:
I CAN'T WAIT !!!!!! :D

As I have stated (and want to reiterate so people don't think I was cheating and having EVERYTHING mailed to me, like I've threatened in years past) Due to some confusion and some shuffling I ended up with two Santa's.. It was a joy to try and figure out what two brothers would enjoy..

Anyway.. my other Santa's box showed up today... I'm puffing away, watching 'America's Scariest place 2' , drinkin a bit of tea.. and a horn starts blowing. Its the mail lady...

I got a Steve B Va Elite Sampler... WAY COOL! Unlike alot of guys I smoke alot more Va's in the winter than I do in the summer... So this stuff will go to the bigtruck for immediate use when I head out Monday.
Rolando's Own, Anniversary Kake (YES!!!!!!!! ) Marble Kake (Another YES!!!!!! ) Virginia Spice, and AJ's VaPer
In addition I got some FVF, (a blend I've gifted several times but never got around to trying..) Some Pipecleaners (maybe Santa is telling me to clean the insides of my pipes after I polish them with Pipewipes from the other box? lol ) and some matches..

Santa oddly enough I've never tried any of these. I am tickled. The Anniversary & Marble Kake are two I have eyeballed at least two dozen times but never pulled the trigger because I usually do business elsewhere.. You da MAN! Thanks you.. Really I mean that, Thank You!

PB (grinning like an idiot again, ok, grinning like a bigger idiot than usual)

Went out this morning! Finally got the particulars in order. Hopefully someone has a very happy Wednesday :rendeer: :santa: :rendeer:

Looks like that Santa feller is still busy. Doing good deeds for all the BoB's. :santa:

Pic as promised. Could not find the cable to the good camera, so the iPhone will have to do.

Thanks again Santa! :santa:

ss_bob10.jpg

Jesus H. Christos!! :santa: santa arrieved to-day!! :santa: Let me say with the exception of my foster son, The Dockster, nobody and I mean nobody, has been as kind to me in my pipe smoking life as youse guys and especially my Secret Santa!!! :santa: :santa: Thank you, Ken :santa: :rendeer:

A Cavachi Lovat/ Canadian 1C Rustic Brand New!!! :D :shock:
8oz Peretti's Omega
8ozPeretti'sD- 9575
4oz Pride of Loch Lomand
and a NY Stankies hat Which I will not be able to wear!!! :face: :face:

Thank You SS so very much, I am humbled by your genorosity! And to pb for running the SS again this year, Thank You, BTW the newspaper in the box came from the Syracuse area, I''l be on the lookout, Ken. :tongue: :santa:
Pacem Pacem My Friends! :tongue: :rendeer:

I am blown away by the generosity.

Lets see.

1. 100g. W O Larsen Collector's

2. 1 oz Hillman Blend

3. 1/2 oz Club Blend

4. W O Larsen 1864 Perfect Mixture

5. W O Larsen Signature Vintage Mixture

6. 1 Ib Mystery aromatic (i smell Chocolate)

7. 50g Blend 127 Solani

8. 2 oz cascade cavendish/ dutch treat blend

9. 50g Erinmore Flake

10. 1.5 oz Apple

11. A beautiful Pipe stand.

12. A Freehand style (i think) Pipe. Marked ASB on it. (i dont know what kind this is, i am a big noob)

13. A nice jar

I will try to post pics soon.

WHO? i want to know so i can tell them how awesome it looks.

I just read the note. This pipe looks awesome. The pipe stand is amazing also.
I can't thank you enough for what you sent me. BTW the massive bag of aromatic smells like chocolate.

Well, I guess I wasn't as bad this year as I thought, as Santa bombed me big time.
A box full of a dozen individually gift wrapped presents arrived yesterday. Were a patient sort, I could have my own 12 days of Christmas and open one a day………… but that ain’t going to happen!

A pound of wonderful coffee (and I go through the coffee). A nice English Plum Pudding. It wouldn’t be Christmas without it, and I’ve got a great home-made Brandy Custard sauce recipe that I haven’t made in a few years that will top it off nicely. One of the Rumpole series of books that I haven’t read yet, (Santa must have noticed that I call my wife She Who Must Be Obeyed, which I got from Rumpole).

And then we get to the tobacco and pipe. Two ounces each of four different Boswall blends. I’ve been reading so much about them recently and I’ve wanted to try them for some time now. They smell wonderful. Also, tins of Tordenskjold Pibetobak Virginia Slices and Gordon Pym to set aside for later. Two bundles of pipe cleaners, and to top it off, a really sweet Savinelli Pisa pipe. It looks like a short Prince and should be a great smoker. The bowl looks rather wide and shallow, which is what I prefer for flakes (the majority of what I smoke). And most important, a very touching and sincere Christmas card; which wishing others a good year and safe season is the best gift we can give.

Thanks Santa. I’m not absolutely positive on his identity, (especially without a pouch of Gatlin burley as the dead giveaway), but I’m pretty sure I know. Great gifts and kind thoughts.

Natch