Secret Santa 2009 II.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So.....I get home from work this afternoon to find UPS has delivered a box to my door. The return address is not familiar to me, but I figured it must be one of my recent Ebay pipe scores. I didn't even think about Secret Santa this early (I'm still waiting on a UPS delivery containing my Secret Santa gift).

To put it mildly, I was blown away to find a pipe inside (that just happened to be like one I bid for and lost on ebay).....and two tins of what promises to be spectacular tobaccos....and a nice tin of snuff! I knew in a flash that ole St. Nick must have been responsible for this :santa:

I am going to put one of the tins back in the box with my new pipe and save them for Christmas day....that way I'll have something to look forward to :!:

I have no idea who sent it (maybe he will send me a Christmas card later on :D ), but I am as happy as a kid on Christmas morn with my gift. The thoughtful generosity of a fellow Brother of Briar will be remembered long after the holiday season has passed. To my Secret Santa, THANKS....and Thank You PB for setting this up for everybody!

Don't thank me.. just send booze,baccy, and skanky women, ohh and some cash.

Very cool! We need more info though. What type of tobacco, what kind of pipe?

jhuggett":nnriipx7 said:
Very cool! We need more info though. What type of tobacco, what kind of pipe?
The pipe is a Medico with a squat prince bowl and a slightly bent stem. I had actually found one on ebay a few months ago just like it that I wanted, and was outbid in the last few seconds. I have always been a big Medico and Kaywoodie fan, and this is one of the few shape/stem combination pipes that I did not all ready own. I think it's really something that this pipe is just like the one I tried to buy a while back :!:

There is a tin of Rum Flake (by Gawith Hoggarth) that will take lots of will-power to wait until Xmas to enjoy! I smoked my way through a tin of this tobac last winter, and really liked it. It is an excellent after-dinner smoke.

There is a tin of "Gentleman Caller" by Cornell & Diehl. This is one I have not tried before. I have read that it contains an herb called 'Deer Toungue', so this will certainly be something new for me!

Finally, there is a tin of snuff, "Irish High Toast". I enjoy a little snuff occasionally, but have always stuck with the Scotch varieties that you can find in all the stores. From all the reviews on this that I have read, it is sure to be a treat.

I know that among pipe smokers I am sort of an oddball (Medico pipes and aromatic tobaccos). That being said, it speaks well of my "Secret Santa" that he could pick out gifts that are perfect for me!

Hey Smoke what ya like...

Deer tongue is kinda like a natural vanilla..

Good job secret santa then! I've always wanted to try rum flake but it's one I've never got around to ordering.

So, there I was, minding my own business, drinking coffee and hanging out with my four month old daughter, when the doorbell rings. Hello, it's the mail man, and he's got a package from "Santa." Well, being the composed and restrained pipester that I am, I decided it would be best to not open said package until Christmas day...

And then went back inside and immediately opened the box from Santa. This is WAY more fun than waiting... Wow! Holy guacamole! -- Yea, that's right, I said holy guacamole -- Inside the package I found a nice letter and two sweet wooden cigar boxes. Inside the first box were three different bulk blends (like, 3/4 of a pound!) that were all faves of Santa. Very cool. One of the blends is called "Table Scraps," which is an awesome name for a pipe tobacco. It smelled yummy too. Inside the second cigar box was (!) a huge church warden-y pipe with a military mount, some big ol' pipe cleaners, a Zippo lighter, and a funky pipe tamp that had a bullet casing on the end that serves as the tamp. FRICKEN AWESOME! As if that wasn't enough, there was also a tin of Irish Flake (one of my favorites, and I'm down to two flakes) and a tin of the new Peterson's Perfect Plug... which, appropriately enough, is a blend I have been most interested in trying. So, Santa, you thoroughly ROCKED IT. Thanks, man! I am stoked to try the pipe out after dinner this evening...

Now, I can't help wondering, what sort of fun stuff shall this Santa put in the mail????!!! :santa: :cheers:

I think it's advisable to open Santa's parcels upon arrival--he may have loaded up your stocking with cigars or bulk blends which should be stored properly. (Whether you wait 'til Xmas to enjoy 'em is your call.)

jhuggett":mai5gkod said:
Another cool set of gifts! What kind of church warden is it?
It is one of Santa's pipes... (ie estate, and he even cleaned it up for me!) It's a Wellington, and sports a P-lip style stem, plus a silver collar. It's BIG and chunky, baby!!

That's pretty cool! The jolly old guy is getting around. I am still in the planning stages with Sandy Claws. Won't be long though. :santa:

Well, sorta like that, only the bowl is slightly bigger, it's dark, and it's rusticated. Also, the stem is longer, and more of a 3/4 bent. Other than that, it's JUST like that one, though!

Very cool !!! I like all this excitement ! Santa's got it goin on.

damn, hearing about it is almost as much fun as getting it,,,great haul man,,,santa rocks,,, :santa:

Let me be serious for a second.

I get a whole ton of 'thank you' messages,posts, and sometimes gifts for doing this every year...

I can't stress enough that it is ALL of US that make Secret Santa a hit... All I do that the rest of you don't is collect names and draw them out of a hat...

As a Brother Santa pointed out in pm: there's nothing like the joy of reading a post from a guy that seems truely happy about receiving your gift.

I'd like to take a second and turn the tables.. A very big Thank You to all you guys that participate and make SS what it is!!!!!