Secret Santa 2009 II.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Santa came to my house and left me an AWESOME package. Inside of a handmade classic cigar box were few ounces of various bulks. Christmas cannot be had without Boswell's Christmas Cookie and Berry Cobbler. Also, a bag of Dark Star was included. I don't know much about it but the name alone means that this tobacco must be Bad Ass. It reminds me of burned tree bark. I can't wait. A tin of Dan Tobacco- Devil's Holiday. It is THE tobacco that I've been itching to try. I refuse to crack it open until I know that I can have an honest sit down with it. Last and not least, a La Rocca Bronzo Bent Sitter. This pipe consists of everything that I look for in a pipe. It is PERFECT! Break-in starts tomorrow. (with which tobacco which tobacco 8) )

THANKS SANTA! You're the SHH! :affraid:

Nice going Santa,choice baccy, classic pipe, CC is smiling this Christmas,,, :santa: :santa:

Bad weather today, snow, sleet, 50 mph winds, trees taking powerlines out,,,no power at the PO so I couldn't mail Santas packages out, but tomorrow they'll be on their way,,,
in the meantime I'm digging into the stash Santa sent me,,, :D

Apparently Santa's put his wife to work too this year. I came home from work Monday to find a large box missing from the entryway.

I got to open my box today. WOW!! I was floored!! 2 BEAUTIFUL NEW ITALIAN BRIARS, a Tin of Rattrays Accountant - anxious to try that - a nice big container of English Blend - which I am enjoying now in the first smoke in one of those great pipes, a really nice tobacco pouch with a two pipe compartment, a gizmo compartment and the baccy commpartment, some nasal snuff (don't know about that, never even heard of it but I'm game), a nice wooden 6 pipe stand - my first one ever - an exquisitely crafted tamper and pipe tool AND THE FINAL PROOF that Santa really did his research homework - a new Nimrod pipe lighter even better than the one I had 30 years ago and have rued losing. Santa you really ROCK.

Did I mention that this new pipe is smoking great from the first draws of this English Blend? The English Blend that arrived in what is absolutely the best sealing tupperware like container I have ever seen?

Huge thanks to my Secret Santa and big thanks to our organized. I'm not even much of a Christmas guy but this has gotten even me in a positive holiday mood.

The jolly little fat man dropped a box in Alabama today. It was waiting for me when I got home from work. Inside I found a tin of Limited Edition 2002 Peterson Special Reserve, a tin of '04 House Of Windsor's Hines Mixture, a tin of Maltese Falcon, a pipe nail, a new pipe lighter, a bundle of pipe cleaners, and last but not least a 2003 Nording Hunter series horn shaped pipe. This package totally made my day, the pipe is a beauty I almost don't want to smoke it but of course I am. Santa THANK YOU !!! as said before, you da man !!! :cheers: :santa: :cheers: :santa: :cheers:

puros_bran":fxs8fdd9 said:
Fatboy 6 up at Northern Command has confirmed two sorties planned for tomorrow at 07:52..

Due to 'security' purposes I can not say where the strikes are headed but.. Rumor has it that Bird 1 is loaded with two 8 oz cluster bombs, a 50g bunker buster, and a secret weapon enclosed in velvet.. Bird 2 has two 100g smart bombs, two 50g pressed err I mean pressure sensitive inferno devices, two 2 oz ATG CAS missiles, and another of those velvet enclosed secret weapons...

Beware!
I think I got hit by one of your strikes! It had landed quietly on my desk chair in my study. I got home from work, went in there to drop off the days pipe and didn't even notice anything. I come in here to the computer and get on here and facebook and check my email, basically end up burning a couple of hours then decide after reading on here to go out for a smoke. I return to my study and discover the silent strike in my chair when I sit down on it. Pick it up, too heavy for anything I've recently purchased on eBay, oh, it may be Santa's been here! I rush to the kitchen to share the joy with my very unexcited wife and daughters. Well they can just be Scrooges about my pipes and tobaccos, that's why I got in on this deal! So here's what it contained....
100 g tin of McClelland's Deep Hollow - not one I'd heard of but sounds interesting
100 g tin of Frog Morton Across the Pond
50 g tin of Dunhill Light Flake
50 g tin of Peterson's Irish Flake
2 oz tin of C&D's Guilford Courthouse - picked up a tin at a B&M while travelling recently as I've been eyeing this one for a while, now I can open one and not worry about not having one to age
2 oz tin of C&D's Briar Fox - one I have recently tried and LOVE!
and the secret weapon - a Comoy's naked root bulldog - my favorite shape in my favorite finish

I must say, no, Santa, you're the man!
100_1911.jpg

:D you really aint 'posed to call Santa out....

But since you did...

In retrospect I wish I'd have made bigger boxs... I thought a lb and a pipe would put me in the running for Top Santa.. You guys have really out done yourselves this year...

Next year I'll have to do 3 pipes and 10lbs trying to get Big Chief Muckety muck Santa...

Now just where did that other box go??????????????????????

Santa has really been on a roll this year. I don't think I have ever read of so many nice pipes in a Secret Santa. Way to go Santa's! :santa:

You Santas are Unbelievable this year,,,putting everyone in the holiday spirit,,,great boxes guys,,,

and grinchy PB showing his true colors,,

puros_bran said:
:D you really aint 'posed to call Santa out....

But since you did...

quote]

Hey, I was just speculating, but now you've confirmed what I thought (and I figured it was okay since you posted the contents anyhow). Thanks a ton, I realized I'd forgotten to say thank you when I was going to bed last night, so again, THANK YOU! :cheers:

On that note, let et me list the full contents of Santa's box I got earlier this week....

PS Bullseye
SG Navy Flake
SG FVF
PS Luxury Navy Flake
Perretis Somerset Flake (been wanting to try this one pretty bad)
G&H Rum Flake,Curley Cut,Dark Flake aro, Bob's Chocolate,Happy Bogie, and Dark Birdseye. (the Birdseye, Curley Cut, and Happy Bogie are all big time 'been wanting to try' ) The kicker? Its all old... hell the Curley Cut is from 2000.. Can't beat that with a stick...

You'd think that was enough? Way overboard Santa, PB wasnt that good? Youre right.. But Santa is a rockin ole dude and he tossed in PCCA Arcade,Beacon, and Jubilee.. The actual PCCA stuff, not McC's recent versions... Enough???? Nope.. How bout some Solani Aged Burley Flake, Another on I've wanted in a bad way but haven't bought... Done? Nope, one of my favorites Peterson Irish Flake.. I try to keep a few tins on hand, Santa saved me some money on something I really enjoy.... And he musta looked at my rack while he was here... he put some pipe wipes in there too... Ok, OK Santa I can take a hint :D :D :D Thank you so much Bro Santa, you have once again proven your generosity is beyond measure.

And the little box from Butthead ,unassigned, hit a couple other guys too, Santa.. A tin of that nasty, barely smokable, foul,wretched GL Pease Renaissance.. yuck! And a tin of Bufflehead Goldeneye Decoy.. I hope its better than that other crap and he had the nerve to tell me I had to open them and enjoy them THIS Holiday season, even included matches to fire them up with.. Thank you my friend, it is appreciated.. and you know me to well, I woulda put them in a crate and not smoked them, I have trouble with stuff like this, I love it but at the same time feel like I'm cheating out some guy down the road from getting to smoke an unavailable blend... But its got to wait... I am smoking some of this Somerset Flake first... :D :D :D :D

And now that I'm home and can see pics... Jeremy. I am envious, that is one bad mofo of a pipe.. Kudos on Santa for that one!