Secret Santa 2010

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoah! Santa is not phoning it in this year.

Come to think of it, do I hear the distant sound of a sleigh approaching the Elm City for a pickup?

Wow! Generous Santa. Somebody has been a really good BoB this year. I am still trying to get everything together. :santa:

Man, what a christmas package J,,,,a very thoughtful Santa to say the least,,,great looking pipe, have fun breaking it in,,,,and all that variety of blends should keep you exploring through the winter,,,,

Seeing that block of Night Train reminds me that I haven't smoked any of that in a while. Has a nice kick to it. :santa:

I have already smoked the University Flake and Navy Mixture. The Navy Mixture may be a new favorite. I am suprised the reviews are so low on tobaccoreviews.com. I think I may be stocking up on it! If it wasn't for Santa I may have not found this one.

WOW! This whole thing is gettin' up into the "Totally Amazing" level of Santa Goodies.

Hmmmm. Speaking of great Santa's (um, we WERE, weren't we?) I just got a box from a little guy that was driving a brown sleigh!?! He beat on my front door and then hopped back into his 'sleigh' and took off! Was he wearing a heavy brown coat? Oh wait! That was just one of Santa's 'brownies' delivering presents here to the stable. Brownies are elf helpers...right? It must be official cause it even said UPS on the side of the sleigh...which everyone knows stands for Universal Present Services. Yeah, so, anyway...

In the box there was a really excellent book, "In Search of Pipe Dreams", by Rick Newcombe, Sumner Books, Los Angeles, CA, 2003. I can't wait to get into it. SEE! I KNOW it's from Santa...he knows that I can READ! He's totally awesome. Going over the index I note that the chapters are a series of how to's kind of alternating with chapters on specific makers. Newcombe is known for weaving facts, opinion and personality into his stories...so this will be a good read for sure.

There was also a tin of Peterson's Perfect Plug and a small sample of Mac Baren 7 Seas regular blend...and a note from Santa himself! In the note, he calls this box an early strike! He further claims that there will be more to come as the season progresses!

Heh, heh, heh. I've got him totally snowed. He actually thinks that I've been GOOD this year. Excellent!

nice going Santa,,,3p and something to read while smoiking it,, :cheers:

Doubling it up and extending the fun... Why hadn't I ever thought of that?

What a great way to start the month! Santa left a pretty sizable box on my doorstep. So much for that urban legend about him keeping a list. He clearly only caught the one or two 'nice' things I thought this year and not the other stuff for the other side of the alleged list. This bos was packed. A humidor and piperack, several interesting tobaccos, a very nice pipe, and a new - and very good - pipe tool (How did he know I lost one on the golf course last month? Maybe there is something to that urban legend stuff.)

More detail later when I am home and can relax with it.

Thanks for organizing this. Definitely one of the highlights of the season!

Shhhh don't ask how I know.. and don't tell anyone where you heard it.. Santa is your mom and dad.

Aw man.... I missed it!! I´ve been absent and I´m sorry I didn`t get in on the fun. Anyhow, I´ll be ready for next year.... :joker:

A box of goodies that I ordered came today. Should have it sent out Monday or Tuesday! I was getting a little bit worried!

I hope Santa still has some goodies left for the rest of you. He went over the top with what he left here. I just enjoyed my first ever bowl of Iwan Reis Flake and can already tell that I'll be calling Chicago before long. I'm now looking forward even more to trying the IRC slices that came along. Besides that there is a tin of Frog Morton and a large bag of what must be one of the Jolly guy's favorites - IRC Gourmet English. Along with that great baccy he slipped in a very nice glass humidor and pipe rack ( aside - a dab of Gorilla Glue on the handle is all it took), a classy and nicely boxed pipe tool and to top it all off a brand spanking new Benson Husky pipe!

Got me into the Holiday spirit so much that I plan to put up some decoratons this weekend - if I can manage to do that while savoring these tobaccos and putting the finishing touches on a box leaving here shortly.

What a great time!

IRC Flake must have gotten to my head. The pipe is a Benton not Benson.

Thanks again Santa and to your helper PB!

Received my Secret Santa today. Of course, I knew it was from Blue Digital! It is the most beautiful Pietenpauw full bent brandy. I have smoked the best bowl of Fillmore I've ever had in it - couldn't wait for Xmas. Thanks to Carlos for prompting me to join in.

How about a picture. Glad everyone is having fun. Still lots more packages to go out yet. Mine included. Santa says that there is plenty of time yet and it sounds like he's having fun giving, as well as those are receiving.

:santa: