SECRET SANTA 2011

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I mentioned that my Mom took a fall right after I got my package. Well I took the McClelland Oriental Mixture 1 and the Savinelli up to her house while I took care of her. The pipe is a delight to smoke and the oriental mixture is wonderful. I expected (don't really know why) a strong flavor and maybe some bite but found it to be very smooth. The taste really begins to peak about half way through the bowl and from there down to the bottom is sheer bliss. Today is my last day before my break so tonight I'm gonna try some of that wonderful Earl Grey and start breaking in the Stannie. Not sure yet which tobacco I'm gonna try. Thanks again Santa for making this a very merry Christmas.
And by the way, Mom is doing fine.

Centurian 803":1dn6czjf said:
I think I mentioned that my Mom took a fall right after I got my package. Well I took the McClelland Oriental Mixture 1 and the Savinelli up to her house while I took care of her. The pipe is a delight to smoke and the oriental mixture is wonderful. I expected (don't really know why) a strong flavor and maybe some bite but found it to be very smooth. The taste really begins to peak about half way through the bowl and from there down to the bottom is sheer bliss. Today is my last day before my break so tonight I'm gonna try some of that wonderful Earl Grey and start breaking in the Stannie. Not sure yet which tobacco I'm gonna try. Thanks again Santa for making this a very merry Christmas.
And by the way, Mom is doing fine.
Sorry your mom had a tumble... :( I worry about mine all the time, her knees ain't so good.

I bet the pipe was a nice relaxation for you to look forward to after doing some things for her!

Sorry, I am just now getting around to posting a picture of my amazing gift.

It's funny, W.O. Larsen's aren't a pipe brand I ever paid much attention to but it is a gorgeous and very well made pipe. How come no one told me??? :lol:

Thanks again for such a wonderful gift. This year's Secret Santa definitely gave any previous years a run for it's money.

P.S. My daughter says you guys spoil me.

Like a dream man. I was very impressed. When I first received it the stem was a little loose but that was from it being cold, after it warmed up it was perfect. Great wide open draw. Like I said, I can't believe I hadn't looked at Larsen's before.

Well, now I can say that I have actually received my SS-2011 package! :cheers:
It appears Santa has moved a little further South of the North Pole this year. He was VERY generous indeed! He also wrote a very nice personal note.

The loot from the "ol' bearded one" included:

1) 1lb. of Bulk Park Lane RED PARAMOUR :affraid: (Score!!!!)

2) A very well cared for Erik Nording Freehand "Nordcoat" Pipe. These pipes color just like a meerschaum does, except they are briar. (Nicely Broken in too!)

3) A handmade Wyoming Antelope Tamper (Sweet!)

4) and a couple of collectible patches for my Law Enforcement / Military patch collection (Nice touch indeed)

You did good Santa, you did VERY good! :santa:
Merry Christmas & a joyous New Year to all of the Brothers :cheers:

Sean aka "DoverPipes"

Nice Larsen Jason, that shape is just awesome. What did you pack it with for it's maiden voyage?

Boxerbuddy":7jr599mm said:
I love this idea...I would love to participate in this next year.
...or at least until Secret Easter Bunny comes around... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Boxerbuddy":7r4cfvag said:
I love this idea...I would love to participate in this next year.
Well, we'll start in about 10 1/2 months. . . . (barring, as Kyle pointed out, anything done on Mardi Gras, Easter, 4th of July, etc.) :D

If you missed out--or want to go around again--keep your eyes peeled here around late March...

PipeLeisure":fla3yrkx said:
Nice Larsen Jason, that shape is just awesome. What did you pack it with for it's maiden voyage?
G.L. Pease Jack Knife Plug... and it performed amazingly. :D

jhuggett":p0meszl0 said:
PipeLeisure":p0meszl0 said:
G.L. Pease Jack Knife Plug... and it performed amazingly. :D
Was it the new ready-rubbed?

No, just the plug that I rubbed out. Haven't ordered the new stuff but I'm sure I will in the future. :lol:

Well, just one package left to hear from about delivery. Can you tell I am nervous? Having shipped many thousands of packages over the years with all the major companies, I know how they can be. :santa: