Secret Santa 2012

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PM sent.

Sorry, I've been a bit quiet the past week, boys. My little boy turned 1 on the 18th and we have had the family in and out all weekend.

You know, coming from a young curmudgeon such as myself, and not one that enjoys the holidays, I seem to remember once, long, long ago, people made gifts and put thought in them. Could it be it isn't about the money, but the spirit of the holidays, sentiment and generosity of heart, a notion that once existed way-back-when? ;)

Just challenging anyone thinks they "can't do it." The more, the merrier, more fun and story-filled it will be. We want more pictures of things like random alligator heads, not tins. :lol:

Get creative, guys n gals. I know y'all have it in ya.

8)

I get you kyle, the only problem is I have six pipes to finish before Christmas, I have a full time job, and a ministry, as well as a wife that likes an occasional night out. Like I said, I only take the money route when I can't do something else, and right now I don't have time for the something else, nor the money for the "easy way" Will be fun to participate vicariously

rev

Careful what you ask for Kyle..... Just sayin, I might draw your name :twisted:

the rev":xaz3a92l said:
I get you kyle, the only problem is I have six pipes to finish before Christmas, I have a full time job, and a ministry, as well as a wife that likes an occasional night out. Like I said, I only take the money route when I can't do something else, and right now I don't have time for the something else, nor the money for the "easy way" Will be fun to participate vicariously

rev
Fair enough. :) BUT...if you change your mind before the deadline, you'd be some good new blood to get into the mix. :cheers:

8)

Puff Daddy":t1ys5you said:
There isn't enough rubber nipples in the universe to satisfy my needs, sir. :lol:

8)

who knows, maybe these pipes will just fly from my fingers, and I will have plenty of time on my hands

rev

I'm thinkin' maybe a cool BoB Secret Santa chess set...litttle gators vs. elves.

Try and explain THAT one to someone other than a BoB Bro!

I saw a really weird one advertised the other day...a Nativity Chess Set. Twisted. I was wondering where the baby Jesus would go...but on closer inspection he wasn't there. That made it even MORE weird. Then I started wondering how you did a chess set where things are in pairs...like with the Wisemen. I guess one of 'em got stiffed. The whole thing was too much.

Kyle Weiss":mvzrdpy6 said:
There isn't enough rubber nipples in the universe to satisfy my needs, sir. :lol:

8)
Who said anything about rubber........ :|

Blackhorse":h82vuyo5 said:
I'm thinkin' maybe a cool BoB Secret Santa chess set
Meerschaum pieces on one side of the board, briar on the other :D each figure would have some sort of pipe in his mouth. Cobs for the pawns, a Dunhill DRG for the king, churchwarden for the bishop.

Puff Daddy":xp4h0ec3 said:
Does anyone have enough Lakelands to satisfy Kyle? :twisted:

Just kidding, Kyle!

Puff Daddy":cylir7l8 said:
Blackhorse":cylir7l8 said:
I'm thinkin' maybe a cool BoB Secret Santa chess set
Meerschaum pieces on one side of the board, briar on the other :D each figure would have some sort of pipe in his mouth. Cobs for the pawns, a Dunhill DRG for the king, churchwarden for the bishop.
That would be awesome. Totally out of my debth of carving knowledge, but I have some great little scraps of briar that would be perfect. BH, if you decide to do this, let me know and I will throw 'em your way.

Puff Daddy":nviv8vz5 said:
Who said anything about rubber........ :|
:| When we finally meet up at Tobacco Road, allow me to pre-apologize for my awkwardness...

...:lol:

8)

the rev":713omujs said:
Like I said, I only take the money route when I can't do something else, and right now I don't have time for the something else, nor the money for the "easy way".
Heck, I'd be happy with a can of Carter Hall and a hand-made Christmas Card.

It's not about the money, it's about the thought behind the gift. Something handmade is, to me, always preferred over something store bought.

DrT999":4thqyzk2 said:
Puff Daddy":4thqyzk2 said:

Just kidding, Kyle!
HISSSSSSSSSSSS! :lol:

8)

Kyle Weiss":y8eht713 said:
DrT999":y8eht713 said:
Puff Daddy":y8eht713 said: