Secret Santa 2012

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahem. I am still getting some pm's that do not have all the requested info. Address and contact phone number. Please help me out if you neglected some of the info. Thanks!

We have 30 so far and a couple maybe's. Be sure to add all your info. I am missing a couple addresses and several contact numbers for just in case. Preferences and wish list are optional as some folks really want to be surprised. That just means more digging though the forums for hints on what a person likes and dislikes.

With all the power outages to the east, it's probably good we have a few extra days. Hopefully no one suffers more than minor inconveniences from Sandy. :santa:

Everyone's sitting on Carlos' lap, telling him what they want for Christmas. :santa:

Somehow I totally missed this thread. I'm definitely in (PM sent).

Roughly 6 days to go. I think we have a couple sill perusing the old threads. Double check the list if you think you should be on it or want in, let me know with another PM. Make sure you send me all the info requested. Be sure you want to participate and can meet the rules. I don't match up anyone by requests. So you may get a guy that smokes nothing but English blends and this isn't the place to unload all those little boxes of Middelton's Cherry or any of that freebee stuff they give away at the shows on him. You may have to purchase some items if you don't have a deep cellar. Ummm...no offense to those that LIKE Middleton's Cherry. Y'all know what I mean. Treat others as you want to be treated.

A couple of you new fellows expressed an interest. Be sure to read the rules, read the old threads, be sure you want to participate and then send me the info in a PM. Don't think I am against new guys. I was a new guy once with barely a couple months on the old Knox board and the fellows took me in. Any one that wants to wait till next year, that's just fine also. This is not an activity that is required of anyone. We all have good years, and some not so good.

The 11th is this coming Sunday. So on that day I will be spending quite a bit of time organizing. BE SURE TO CHECK THE LIMITS ON YOUR PM BOXES. Don't want anyone to miss an important PM. I will be maxing mine out several times that day alone. So as some of you read my PM about your Secret Santa that will free up space for me to send more PM's. My Save box is pretty full right now. I will try to copy/paste into a spreadsheet to free up space.

We have a couple folks that will be away at the Christmas holiday. They would rather not have a package laying about for weeks, that may simply disappear. You may draw one of these folks and have to meet a little earlier deadline for mailing. If that is any trouble at all for you, let me know ASAP and I will re-arrange something and get you another BoB to send to. Once the mailing season gets here, start checking your bushes out front of the house. Never know when Santa will happen by and the wind from his passing will tumble your box off the porch.

Watch any garbage men closely.

Carlos :santa:

My freetime Sunday and Monday has disappeared. So look for PM's to start rolling out maybe Saturday afternoon. It's that or Tuesday. I would think that everyone that is active has seen the thread. I am going to send a couple more PM reminders and we should be close to go. So if you don't get a PM with the info of your victim.....ummmm......target.......recipient by Tuesday afternoon, check this thread for info on the delay.

:santa:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eMJhPZUxfAk" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It a day early, but I am calling time! I will be working on getting my spreadsheet filled in and the draw done. Look for PM's to start in a while. At least I think I will get that far. Anyone else been sitting on the fence till the last second, let me know ASAP!

Looks like I may have overlooked at least one PM. So I sent a PM requesting info. Be sure to check your PM box in case I asked you a question. I still got time to modify the list.

Thanks!

All of my PM's in the last couple hours have been read. I got one Brother to PM me back. I need to hear from you others before I can fully complete things. I have names drawn and matched up. I will be sending out the PM's letting you know who you are Secret Santa for. But I will not be able to get them all out right away. Look for them between now and Tuesday. The sooner you guys read them, the sooner my Outbox gets empty and I can send more.

As long as I haven't sent them all out, and once I hear from a couple Brothers, I can still work someone in.

Answer my PM's if I asked you a question. Also, check your in and out boxes to see if maybe they are full. That may prevent me from getting your reply.

Also, if there isn't any preferences or wish list, that means more digging though pasts posts for info. Some of the Brothers wrote essays. Don't be intimidated. I did ask for the info.

The Game is Afoot!

As I expected, my Outbox is full. As you guys read them they will go to my Sentbox where I can delete them and then I can send more PM's. Still waiting to hear from a couple of Brothers. I will get them done as soon as I can.

Any questions or problems, let me know and I will fix it as soon as I can. As explained elsewhere, my time the next two days is going to be family oriented.

Have fun!

Sorry to take so long brother, I have my orders and will execute as an evil Santa :twisted:

Simple Man":jhr8atsk said:
Fun! I'm making my list, checking it twice... :santa:

Hmmmm, where was it that I saw those Obama Chia pets. :twisted:
Hope you got a Democrat as your victim target otherwise there will be some good target practice videos :lol:

kaiser83":ue9aigxh said:
Simple Man":ue9aigxh said:

Hope you got a Democrat as your victim target otherwise there will be some good target practice videos :lol:
I would never send an Obama chia pet to a democrat. :lol!:

Simple Man":6cd4u6cf said:
kaiser83":6cd4u6cf said:
Simple Man":6cd4u6cf said:

Oh way too many smart comments here and I can't get this thread banished to the RR darn it.

kaiser83":clpsrhhd said:
Simple Man":clpsrhhd said:
kaiser83":clpsrhhd said:
Simple Man":clpsrhhd said:

Oh way too many smart comments here and I can't get this thread banished to the RR darn it.
No need to say them, Kaiser... I already know what you're thinking. :twisted: :lol:

Don't worry, I wouldn't really spend my hard-earned money on a chia pet, not even for a joke.