Secret Santa 2012

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blackhorse":2iqhwjr2 said:
Mozjo...the tweeting of 4 Calling Birds, 3 French Hens and 2 Turtle Doves in my Elvish ear has (picture Johnny Carson holding the envelope up to his ear with the Carnak turbin on his head) has whispered...

Tao & Ilstead

Also, a little reading in the Pipedia Danish section of makers provides snippets of information that provide support to that pretty solid suggestion.

(with thanks to another Secret Santa)
I think that is it! Thanks BH!!

Ladies and gents, Good Morning to all!

We still have a few packages in the system. So some of the BoB's are going to end up waiting till after Christmas day itself. I wish I could change that, but there just isn't time. I understood from a posting at our Post Office that they would be open a half-day tomorrow. That may not now be accurate and they may have the day off. Lets' see what shakes out over the next few days as the big package rush gets cleaned up. Keep checking for USPS and UPS packages. Yes, at least one of these is probably coming UPS. So if you have a special place a UPS driver puts things, check there.

Everyone will get a package, just give it a little time.

Enjoy the company of those you are with this Merry Christmas.

Carlos :santa:

Kyle Weiss":e67wu6he said:
Centurian, great haul. I take it you like Latakia. :lol: Ten Russians I take with me hiking in the woods, really balanced "Lat Bomb" if there ever was one.

Curious about that Chief Catoonah Princess St. Mixture! Thoughts?

8)
Kyle - Check out my review in the tobacco jar section.

10-4 that, Cent.

Also, fingers crossed my Santa gets there on time, but it's looking pretty grim at this point. However, provided bad luck didn't befall the box, it'll be worth it. I figured two week's time would have been plenty! :| Worked okay last year.

8)

Its all gravy , christmas spirit is alive and well no matter what time the cheer is delivered. Glad to be part of such a great group of guys. Merry christmas to all.

i.keenum":6df6bxn7 said:
Its all gravy , christmas spirit is alive and well no matter what time the cheer is delivered. Glad to be part of such a great group of guys. Merry christmas to all.
Well said!

I got my secret Santa gift a few days back. Sorry for such a late post. My secret Santa sent me a very appropriately chosen book called "The Pipe Book, Alfred Dunhill". I'm guessing several of you have read it, but I have not, so thanks Santa. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

41W8GMQVAML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Okay so I thought I had gotten my SS gift a while back but I was wrong. I got my SS gift today and man am I blown away. This month's bombing mission and Secret Santa have me floored.

Now I just have to get one more and I will have my Peterson pipe rack full. This is freaking awesome. Thank you very very much to my SS you are freaking awesome.

kaiser83":fgzgndb9 said:
gravel":fgzgndb9 said:
Holy moley Kaiser! You've been thoroughly destroyed this month! :cheers:
No kidding....this is freaking insane.
Between Secret Santa and the monthly bombing, you're gonna be busy for quite a while. Both of the pipes are beauties, but that 2010 is REALLY something. Congrats to you!

WooHoo! Way to go Santa's!

Our Post Office was open today. The few that are still waiting, be sure to check the weeds. I am still waiting to hear on one tracking number and I am going to track the other now. Ok, Santa says that there is a package sitting in the Post Office at Boulder, CO. So that one is almost delivered.

The one coming from Santa's etailer could be anywhere. I am not sure I can get any more info on that one. It will just suddenly appear. I suspect via UPS. But they are usually good to me.

So the sooner I can get that last tracking number and see what's up with that one, the better.

Have a Merry Christmas everyone! :santa:

I think my Santa's shop is a little busy this year, and I think there's another elf being made, too... non-traditional Santa for a non-traditional guy--I'm cool with that. My post may be a little late. Mostly because I'm a pain.

8)

My package came in. :cheers: Thank you so much Mr santa , I have only tried london mixture but its a favorite. The selection is amazing all are blends I have been interested in.

Here its the list:

London mixture
Frog morton
Hamburger veermaster
Mcclelland special anniversary
Mcclelland 2012 christmas cheer
dan milonga

Well, Santa sent me an email confirming he at least left a note on someone's door...hope the good kid's box gets to him Wednesday! :lol:

8)

Carlos -

Having assisted with numerous events like this one I can attest to the amount of effort that goes into a successful outcome. I imagine 90 percent takes care of itself and the other 10 percent sucks up untold hours of emailing, and checking lists and following up with various players. But even at those times that someone needs to be strangled (in the true spirit of Christmas) you kept your cool and did things in a way that resulted in everyone looking back on it and feeling good both about the event and themselves.

It literally could not have been hosted by a nicer guy, or one who was more effective in his leadership. Kudos.

Anyway, out here on the left coast it's Christmas by about an hour - so I wanted to extend a sincere! 'thank you' for a job well done and the effort that resulted so many positive connections between brothers. I know all of us share in this appreciation.

So take a little time this Christmas, if you can, to sit back and reflect that while there are many things wrong with the world it is made just a bit better by a guy like you that's willing to stand up and make something good happen. And for the cool stuff we got, for being able to give something to one of our brothers and even just being a part of something special and accepted openly by our brothers here...thanks bro! You did an awesome job. Merry Christmas.