Secret Santa 2012

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well said BlackHorse. Thanks Carlos! Great job making this a lot of fun.

Your a man among men Carlos, thank you very much, I an over joyed to take part. Merry Christmas.

SPUD 15":ykdc9i9x said:
Thank you CARLOS for a great job well done. MIKE
Yes, thank you, Carlos; overall things seemed to go well this year, largely thanks to you

You rock Carlos! This has been a blast. Thanks for going through all the trouble!

Many thanks Carlos. A job well done and much appreciated :)

I love this event every year. Carlos has done yet another outstanding job. Thanks so much man!

I also got a chance to smoke my new pipe, twice no less. It smokes like a dream and that Magnum Opus was some good stuff. I'm hit or miss with English blends but that one really rocks! I'll be smoking that first tine exclusively until it's gone.

First and foremost, as others have said: Carlos rocks so, so hard. This was my first secret santa, and I've really been blown away by the collective thoughtfulness and generosity on display here. It's something quite special, to see such a universally decent group of fellows making the holidays even merrier. Jolly well done, one and all!

Now, on to the carnage--my Santa's package hit me well ahead of Christmas Day, but my apartment complex office, where all boxes are automatically delivered, has been closed for the better part of a week, so I wasn't able to retrieve it until today. Worth the wait, to say the least, and heck, I shouldn't begrudge the apartment managers for not wanting to come in over the holidays--everyone deserves some time off this time of year, says I, and my family's been traveling while I tend the homefires, so there hasn't been a proper X-mas at Chez Grossbart yet, anyway... But yeah, enough blather, on to the loot!

This fellow was girding the exterior of the package, leaving little doubt as to the sender!
2012-110.jpg

Now, to give you an idea of scale, here's the full, coffee table-high stack of awesome:
2012-111.jpg

And here is the treasure face out:

2012-112.jpg

As you can see, there are the following goodies:
1 Imco Austrian windproof petrol lighter
1 Disposable butane lighter from The Love Ranch
1 Book of matches from the same establishment, featuring the likeness of a young lady whom I can only presume is Mrs Claus
2 Tins of Penzance
2 Tins of Marlin Flake
1 Tin of Black Mallory
1 Tin of Vintage Syrian
1 Tin of Best Brown Flake
1 Tin of Navy Flake
1 Tin of Robert McConnell Scottish Flake
1 Tin of Picadilly
1 Pouch of Sir Walter Raleigh
And finally, 1 "Keep Reno Awkward" bumpersticker, which, given discussions of their pipe night meetings here on the BoB, seems rather apropos, and a healthy tonic to the generic Keep ___ Weird slogan. I tend to be both weird and awkward myself, so am (un?)comfortable anywhere...maybe even the Love Ranch!

So there you have it: my secret Santa knocked it out of the park, and was far more generous with his gift-giving than a shifty villain such as myself deserves. Can't thank Santa (and Carlos, and everyone else on here) enough, and can't wait to age those I'm familiar with to see how they mature, and crack into the new blends, of which there are several. Now, if only it would get above the low twenties so I can pop out for a puff...

Merry Boxing Day, everyone, and many thanks again, Santa!!!

Considering I don't live in a major metropolis and the post origins would be easily discovered, might as well "hide" in plain sight. *sigh* Glad you're happy with it, and it made it to ya finally, GG. On my way to a Boxing Day event myself. :cheers: Kind of a post-holiday decompression of sorts. Lord knows I need it.

Enjoy it all good health, dude. :cheers:

GrampaGrossbart":oto43dwj said:
1 Disposable butane lighter from The Love Ranch
1 Book of matches from the same establishment, featuring the likeness of a young lady whom I can only presume is Mrs Claus
:lol!: I imagine Mrs. Claus would get rather lonely this time of year. :lol:

Way to go Santa! Santa also says that there is just a bit more to fall from the skies. Looks like Friday and Saturday I suspect. Then we can pretty much wrap this up for this year. So, just a little bit of patience please. I know my Postal Lady got dumped on pretty good today and probably tomorrow as well. Lots of packages still in the pipeline.

:santa:

She dances on a North Pole, so... :heart: ...she gots all the warmth Santa needs. :twisted:

8)

This is always such a great event. Thanks a lot for making this such a great time, Carlos!

Indeed, Carlos. As if you weren't already thanked enough--a great job as always. You got this Santa thing down to a practiced science!

8)