Secret Santa 2014

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GGGGrrrrrrrrrrr.......it is taking TOOO long for Santa to deliver my box!!! Tomorrow will not come soon enough. I think maybe the reindeer need to be put on an improved diet as they are not moving quickly at all this year.

My Secret Santa hit me on two different days. I have pics and will post them once this radio event is over. We only have a few more hours in a week long event. I just been jumping in and out to keep up with what's been happening here. It's also delayed my shipping. Get that done tomorrow. We are still good yet.

I will say, that my Secret Santa did some homework and was most generous. Far more than I deserve. Details later. If you haven't shipped yet, know that we probably need to think about that certainly by Saturday. Or when I do get time to follow up, I will be panicking over package arrivals.

Also, some of you guys are not home for whatever reason. Let us know that you got things covered if you can.

Ho ho ho! :santa:

Mmmm... Balkan Sasieni.   :cheers:

What cigar-sticks did you get, PeeB?

Also, that pipe! Do tell.

8)

Odyssey! Yum.

Don't smoke too much Latakia anymore, but I still enjoy a bowl Odyssey from time to time.

Kyle Weiss":3sqnjjod said:
Mmmm... Balkan Sasieni.   :cheers:

What cigar-sticks did you get, PeeB?

Also, that pipe!   Do tell.

8)
Something called Spanish Heirloom. 6ish inches long (remember I'm a white guy and don't measure real well) bigger ring gauge. A Maduro wrapper??? I'm guessing a Dominican filler.. Not bad. Not a Padron 1964 or Fuente Anejo etc but not bad.

I don't know what the pipe is either. It's marked Thompson Italy so I'm assuming it's actually a Sav.. But could be wrong. It's tiny! Some kind of scoop shape? I'm calling it a Spoon. Pretty neat little pipe.

Rounding out the 'I don't know what it is' box is an experimental blend from 4Noggins.

Odyssey is a main stay Top A#1 graded English Blend good good stuff , I'm still out on Balken Sasifrassi, I had a tin when it first came out but don't remember liking or disliking it. The Rose of Latakia is a new blend for me. And the Brebbia Latakia Flake has been on the WANT list for several years.. Plus they all have some age on them.

Santa done me right!!! Much appreciated brother, much appreciated.

The shape of that pipe is keen!

I like B. Sasieni. It's spicy, on the light-side (for you, anyway, PeeB) and good flavor.

PeeB's Santa nailed it. :D :santa:

Seems to be a stellar year for Santa and his elves. Congrats all! My sleigh takes flight in the morning... I just hopei can live up to the bar my brothers have set.

Yes, really impressed with all the gifts! I know there's no way I can live up to most of these, but my elves will try... Package ships in the morn.

My Secret Santa was most generous, as I have already said.  The pipe is a Nording with a nice airflow and largish sized bowl.  I have so many pipes with chewed off, cracked and broken bits that this will be a welcome addition. Yes, I had thought I would have been making my own replacement stems by now.  Just hasn't happened yet.  This being retired is a very busy lifestyle.  

Popcorn, chocolates, an interesting book to read, and tons of strongish blends.  Many I have yet to try.  I did jump right on the fresh Stonehaven and then the Condor.  Both are excellent.  Too bad that Condor isn't available at the local smoke shop.  It could be a regular smoke.  The pen is a Lamy.  Far more modern than what I am used to writing with.  I already have a very useful purpose in mind for it and it's good sized cartridge.  

Let me tell you about that hotsauce.  WOOHOO!!  That puppy got tried last night and again this morning.  I read about it on the Internet after the first mistake of trying it.  It's a thick diced product with an amazing smoky scent.  Assuming that it's meant to be used it reasonable quantities because of how thick it is, I proceeded to practically scorch my tongue.  It's meant to be used by the drop as I read later.  Great.  So puree the stuff then!  So it's easy to use by the drop!  Far better success on my morning eggs.  I am half tempted to puree it myself and put it back in the bottle.

Lot's of flakes and plugs to play with.  I'll be busy all winter from this years Secret Santa.  Thank You Santa!  :sunny:

Ps.  Ignore the background stuff.  Just shoved things out of the way on the reloading bench to take one of the pics. And yes. That is an 8oz bag of Penzance. Thank you again Santa! :sunny:

img_1110.jpg
" />

img_1111.jpg
" />

Very nice! I love the old Nording. I have a large, old Nording that I bought from Nathan, it's a great smoker. I'm glad I saved it back when I sold off all of the others.

I like insanely hot hot sauces like that. I have a couple different kinds like that, and when they say one or two drops, they mean it. I ruined a whole pot of chili with some the first time I tried it. Now I add the recommended amount and it warms up the chili nice and gives it a pleasant flavor without sending you to the ER. :lol:

It is a seriously good hot sauce.  Think of Sriracha with a smoky grilled flavor.  This one hurts you on the tip of your tongue and then just a bit back and on the sides.  The heat goes away quickly but leaves your tongue tip tender for a time.  And makes you sweat!  It's just in the wrong form for easy use. In smaller quantities and on a hot food item, the smell is delicious.

Congrats Carlos, quire a haul. Love hot sauce , my go to is crystals hot sauce. It gets put on everything from eggs to redbeans. Mine should be rolling in some time soon. Lost my tracking receipt and it is driving me nuts that I can't follow it along. :bounce: :D

Santa dropped a box at my door today, and apparently I managed to get on the "nice" list!  And clearly the jolly bearded elf was has been watching me because his generous gifts are right up my alley!  A collection of nice MM cobs including a couple of quick smoke nosewarmers I can't wait to try, hot drinks that just make me feel all Christmassy (and can be paired with spirits :), three new-to-me cigars that look like winners, and a ton of tobbaco including a generous pouch of "and so to bed!" The tobbacos are all in the must try, or tried and like category.  
Thank you brother!  You are one heck of a Santa!
Mike.
IMAG0563_zpsbju48pqe.jpg

IMAG0564_zps37eg1btd.jpg