Secret Santa 2014

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ocelot55":pnpuv2cw said:

-a hand painted glass cigar ornament for the tree
I think that is an absolute first! Brilliant job altogether, Santa! :rendeer:

I just went though and updated my spreadsheet. It looks like I need to hear from 8 Secret Santa's yet as to having shipped. Waiting to hear from 16 members yet on having received. At least 8 packages are known to be on the way. That's pretty good for this time of the month. I know some of you will be shipping in the next couple days and that will leave just a few for me to follow up with PM's and see where we are at.

Ho ho ho! :santa:

Santa is kicking some serious butt! So many surprises and thoughtful gifts I feel bad commenting on one because they are all fantastic. But I gotta say that bulldog meer is awesome!

tarheel7734":yi3888je said:
Hows the Cuban rum. I have yet to indulge on that , but have been curious.
I have samples the 3 year and 7 year.

The 3 year is a great mixer....makes Bacardi taste like rubbing alcohol

The 7 year is supposed to be a boarder line sipper. It is good...really good. But I have a very sensitive palette and found it a bit too oakie. If you like that oak flavor you will love the 7 year.

Santa continues to knock it out of the park. Awesome gifts all around. :santa:

scotties22 said:
tarheel7734":6i15rjbx said:

Well, but to be honest, rubbing alcohol makes Bacardi taste like rubbing alcohol 8) (says the guy whose never managed to acquire much of a taste for rum)

And away it goes!!! Next week, someone will be getting some of that "Finest weed in the Southfarthing!"

idbowman":9dvzasfe said:
scotties22":9dvzasfe said:
tarheel7734":9dvzasfe said:

Well, but to be honest, rubbing alcohol makes Bacardi taste like rubbing alcohol  8)  (says the guy whose never managed to acquire much of a taste for rum)
That bulldog meer is awesome!! If I could ever manage to get a dog, it would be a bulldog.

I don't really like any of the alcohols straight, only mixed. I can more than tolerate Tequila shots. Other than than, alcohol pretty much tastes like... ALCOHOL!!

Carlos":wc5pfehn said:
I just went though and updated my spreadsheet.  It looks like I need to hear from 8 Secret Santa's yet as to having shipped.  Waiting to hear from 16 members yet on having received.  At least 8 packages are known to be on the way.  That's pretty good for this time of the month.  I know some of you will be shipping in the next couple days and that will leave just a few for me to follow up with PM's and see where we are at.  

Ho ho ho!  :santa:
Carlos, Just to clarify, do you want tracking numbers via PM?

DrumsAndBeer":xw5gblx1 said:
Carlos":xw5gblx1 said:
I just went though and updated my spreadsheet.  It looks like I need to hear from 8 Secret Santa's yet as to having shipped.  Waiting to hear from 16 members yet on having received.  At least 8 packages are known to be on the way.  That's pretty good for this time of the month.  I know some of you will be shipping in the next couple days and that will leave just a few for me to follow up with PM's and see where we are at.  

Ho ho ho!  :santa:
Carlos, Just to clarify, do you want tracking numbers via PM?
It's nice. But not a requirement. I try to mark as shipped and as received both from comments in the main thread and in PM's I get. But it's really a plus to send me the tracking number as those little pieces of paper tend to get lost. And if a package does go astray, the tracking number is quickly found in the PM.

Santa's elves are good, but you know things happen. Snow, ice, volcanoes, etc.

Ho ho ho. :santa:

Ha! errr.....ummmm...Ho ho ho! Word has it that not only are the Postal Elves involved, but the brown truck Elves also. You know what that means. That Santa probably went over the 70lb weight limit, and you better have a two-wheeler handy to get it from the porch and into the house. Ho ho ho. :santa:

Well, maybe that's what it means. :lol!:

Carlos":8qbws1fm said:
Ha!  errr.....ummmm...Ho ho ho!  Word has it that not only are the Postal Elves involved, but the brown truck Elves also.  You know what that means.  That Santa probably went over the 70lb weight limit, and you better have a two-wheeler handy to get it from the porch and into the house.  Ho ho ho. :santa:

Well, maybe that's what it means.  :lol!:

:shock:

I can't even imagine 70 pounds of tobacco related products.

idbowman":hn6ps9ir said:
I'm floored.  All hyperbole aside, I'm well and truly floored.

Like most (all?) of us, I come into this thing genuinely more interested in giving than receiving.  Like most (all?) of us, I would have been genuinely grateful to receive whatever Santa saw fit to send me.  That said, I was expecting to get a thoughtful gift of holiday tidbits, maybe a Christmas card, and gobs of tobaccos suited to my taste.

I got none of that.  No card, nothing Christmas related, no pipe cleaners, lighters, hot sauce, baked goods, and not a single ounce of tobacco.

And I could not possibly be happier

I came home today to one of the most thoughtful gifts I've ever received.  A few weeks ago I posted some questions about meers, looking to try something inexpensive and - if the experiment worked - looking at getting a carved figural in the likeness of a bulldog.  The good and great Kyle Weiss was kind enough to offer me a bargain on one of his meers, and I have enjoyed  it very much (and very often).

Hand to God, I'm not kidding when I say that I literally told my wife YESTERDAY that I was going to get in touch with a carver (recommended by another brother here) THIS WEEKEND to get an idea on pricing and other particulars, as a Christmas present to myself.

As it turns out, I have one less thing to do this weekend.  Here's what was on my doorstep after work today (my apologies for the poor photography...and, yeah, I'm a nail biter):

Z5VsCSD.jpg" style="width: 250px;height: 350px

Pot60A8.jpg" style="width: 250px;height: 350px

dNywRBX.jpg" style="width: 250px;height: 350px

Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.

A very heartfelt thank you to my Secret-but-not-really-all-that-secret Santa - I appreciate this more than a forum post could possibly communicate.
Wow, that's pretty awesome! Enjoy it, brother!.

This is just to report that Santa arrived here tonight. What he brought is beyond awesome. I'll post pics later, I am off to a holiday party.. :santa:

</a>[url=https://www.flickr.com/people/120498845@N06/]

https://flic.kr/p/qmiWFo<a href="https://www.flickr.com/people/120498845@N06/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">[/url]

Santa's sneaky elves dropped by the house today and hid this under the bushes. Luckily, I've added crawling around under the bushes to my nightly routine. Thankfully I can stop the hedge rummaging now.  :D :D

In the package was

Tobacco:
Sutliff, Field Master
Sutliff, Balkan Luxury Blend 957
Orlik, Golden sliced
Escudo (with about 1 1/2 years of age on it)
MacBaren  Old dark fired (with about 2 years of age on it)

Pipe:
Nice Big Ben with a cool grain pattern. That was hiding a sweet pipe sock.

Thank you Santa I will smoke a bowl in your honor!!