Secret Santa 2014

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm always astounded by the generosity of everyone here...

I got a box today that was stuffed so full it had duck tape holding it closed, instead of packing tape. I'm roasting coffee right now so I can't take a photo yet, but I will.

Thanks to secret santas everywhere!

I'm enjoying a bowl of at james flake from my secret Santa. Pics to come...

Pic as promised...

image11.jpg

Samples on the left (bayou morning, Stormfront, perfection, at james flake, sam's flake)
Tins front and center (Presbyterian,  FM On the Town, St James flake, Erin go braugh)

And a variety of local hot sauces, pepper jelly, chocolate, peanuts, pastries, etc.

And a very nice coffee mug from what I can only assume to be a local diner.

Thank you secret Santa!!

I just noticed it uploaded upside down, I'm on my mobile device, I'll have to fix it tomorrow.

My reindeers are on hold for the moment however, due to back ordered supplies...I promise they will arrive eventually.

Simple Man":um7u5hqb said:
I like insanely hot hot sauces like that. I have a couple different kinds like that, and when they say one or two drops, they mean it. I ruined a whole pot of chili with some the first time I tried it. Now I add the recommended amount and it warms up the chili nice and gives it a pleasant flavor without sending you to the ER. :lol:

I love the heat, too...we have a specialty shop right up the road that carries nothing but pepper and barbeque sauces, and is more than happy to let you sample. What's the name of the sauce in the pic? I can't quite make it out - if the store doesn't carry it, he's one of those "if I don't have it, I'll find a way to get it" sort of guys.

Package left my local PO yesterday. Hope I did alright by my victi... I mean deserving brother.

Mine was sent UPS and I got a message that it was delayed. The cause? They left it behind in their San Pablo, CA distribution center. :?: :scratch:

Whatever.

Should land on Monday. :santa:

Yep, UPS is swamped. Lots of boxes get pushed to the next day. Worked there a while back... But they will get it there.

Santa must've made a mistake cause I don't think I was that good this year? :p

20141210.jpg" style="width: 400px;height: 600px

Anyway, no coal as you can see; only the good stuff!!! :face: And, I may add, someone who did their research! They know I like candy and even chose more than a couple blends that were already in my shopping cart @ smokingpipes!

Great job Santa! Thank you so much!!! :cheers:

The baccy:
  • McC St. James Flake 50g
  • C&D Star of the East 50g
  • McConnell Scottish Cake 50g
  • G&H Ennerdale Flake 50g (REALLY been meaning to try this)
  • G&H Grasmere Flake 2oz
  • G&H Happy Brown Bogie 2oz
  • Erinmore Flake 50g
  • Aging Room cigars 2x

The goodies:
  • "Gator bites"
  • Harry Potter chocolate frogs
  • Harry Potter Bertie Botts "Every Flavor Beans" (earwax, dirt, rotten egg, etc.)
  • Chocolate covered coffee beans or raisins?

Alligator jurkey bites, alligator toe key chains, and the infamous alligator head; won't be long till between the bob secret santas we will have a full alligator.

Mine is on the way. In fact, this was a very good excuse for me to look for stuff I have not seen in years. I found 3500 grams of G&H tobaccos I forgot I ordered and still need to jar sometime. :lol: :lol:

Yes, 'Santa' has been v forgiving this year of all our collective naughtiness! :lol!:

Santa whacked me pretty hard! Behold the endless bounty! :santa:

I got:

-2012 McClelland Christmas Cheer
-Mac Baren Vanilla Cream Flake
-1994 McCranie's Red Flake
-Solani Virginia Flake
-jarred McClelland #605 Pastry
-jarred Cousin's Woodmere
-a wonderful hand-turned Walnut bowl
-a special proprietary tube of "Jones' Own Moostachio Waxio"
-a hand painted glass cigar ornament for the tree
-another Scottie pipe!
-a bottle of Havana Club Rum from Cuba!
-a tin of delicious peanut brittle and fudge, homemade, of course

A HUGE thank you to Santa!!!!! I'm super excited about all the loot! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I'm floored.  All hyperbole aside, I'm well and truly floored.

Like most (all?) of us, I come into this thing genuinely more interested in giving than receiving.  Like most (all?) of us, I would have been genuinely grateful to receive whatever Santa saw fit to send me.  That said, I was expecting to get a thoughtful gift of holiday tidbits, maybe a Christmas card, and gobs of tobaccos suited to my taste.

I got none of that.  No card, nothing Christmas related, no pipe cleaners, lighters, hot sauce, baked goods, and not a single ounce of tobacco.

And I could not possibly be happier

I came home today to one of the most thoughtful gifts I've ever received.  A few weeks ago I posted some questions about meers, looking to try something inexpensive and - if the experiment worked - looking at getting a carved figural in the likeness of a bulldog.  The good and great Kyle Weiss was kind enough to offer me a bargain on one of his meers, and I have enjoyed  it very much (and very often).

Hand to God, I'm not kidding when I say that I literally told my wife YESTERDAY that I was going to get in touch with a carver (recommended by another brother here) THIS WEEKEND to get an idea on pricing and other particulars, as a Christmas present to myself.

As it turns out, I have one less thing to do this weekend.  Here's what was on my doorstep after work today (my apologies for the poor photography...and, yeah, I'm a nail biter):

Z5VsCSD.jpg" style="width: 250px;height: 350px

Pot60A8.jpg" style="width: 250px;height: 350px

dNywRBX.jpg" style="width: 250px;height: 350px

Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.

A very heartfelt thank you to my Secret-but-not-really-all-that-secret Santa - I appreciate this more than a forum post could possibly communicate.