Secret Santa 2014

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As promised here's a few pics of my Santa's generosity. Okay, no joking, I am stunned!

Also included with this beautiful pipe - a luxurious supple leather pouch, some PS Luxury Bullseye with some good age on it, & a nice chunk of Stonehaven.. :D

Thank you, thank you Santa. :santa:

PS, Your distinctive style with briar gives you away.  I didn't even have to look at the stamp. ;)  :p

Ho, Ho, Ho! :santa: :santa: :santa:

DrumsAndBeer":rxc1i4bs said:
As promised here's a few pics of my Santa's generosity. Okay, no joking, I am stunned!

Also included with this beautiful pipe - a luxurious supple leather pouch, some PS Luxury Bullseye with some good age on it, & a nice chunk of Stonehaven.. :D

Thank you, thank you Santa. :santa:

PS, Your distinctive style with briar gives you away.  I didn't even have to look at the stamp. ;)  :p
That is one gorgeous pipe.

Wow, DandB. That's a masterpiece. Enjoy it in fine health. Congrats to you and "Santa."

Had to work yesterday, some holiday hijinks apparently went on. :cheers:

This has been a very "pipe-heavy" Secret Santa year. :D

8)

I tried to send my box out the other day, but when they asked what was in the box and I told them it was  some Banana split, Cotton-candy, super-aromatic cherry cream Cavendish tobacco, I was informed that that particular blend is classified as hazardous waste and I would need to send it in corrosion proof, sealed steel drums, and the receiving party it would need to have a federal permit to legally handle such highly toxic materials.  

I'll relabel it as rotting human body parts, which I believe are legal to ship through the USPS and it will help explain the small that permeates through the packaging. It should go out on the 15th, assuming the EPA doesn't arrest me first. 8)

Hope my SS victim is surprised!

Natch

My Secret Santa package came last Monday, but between the craziness of the season and a computer that is on the fritz I wasn't able to post a picture until now.  

I got all of my favorites along with a tin of Six Pence, which I opened and tried immediately.  it is a good smoke with a hint of citrus flavoring.

Thanks Santa!

b_103757.jpg

Todd

Santa arrived with yesterday's post. I've been pretty busy, and still have a bit further to go before I can do anything more than snatch a bit of sleep between times. Temptation being what it is, I opened the parcel, and nary a sprinkling of coal dust was present. I could see right away, this is a high quality box of goodies. So, I'm patiently waiting at least until tomorrow for a day off, so I can savor the contents of the package, and photograph it for the BOB archives. I'll just say, this is in truth an amazing community we have here in the cyber-world. It's good to see the common decency and generosity shared amongst our membership. Merry Christmas to all.

For now, I need some sleep.

taharris":72s1vew9 said:
My Secret Santa package came last Monday, but between the craziness of the season and a computer that is on the fritz I wasn't able to post a picture until now.  

I got all of my favorites along with a tin of Six Pence, which I opened and tried immediately.  it is a good smoke with a hint of citrus flavoring.

Thanks Santa!

b_103757.jpg

Todd
And another :santa: comes through! I'm sure Lesath's has as well. A great SS this year continues!

Holy smokes! Way to go, everyone, this is one heck of a group of stokers we've got!

Those pipes are all gorgeous, the food and toby looks delicious, and that rum is a dream--had some in Tokyo over the summer, and loving the wood like I do, thought it was best on the rocks. Kanpai!

Oh, and Carlos, that serrano is spicy, to be sure, but the same people also make a Habanero sauce!
bom.png

Great year for SS...seems like there are a lot of pipes out there this time around!

Ho ho Ho!! Ol' Santa has been on a roll. He's/she's been most generous this year. You have to feel for some of the folks out there being forced to wait till Christmas Eve to open their gifts from Secret Santa.

So, if you do not see a timely post by your victim.......target..........recipient. Let me know if there are perishables in there and I will pass the word on. Double bagged bulk tobaccos should be ok for this short of time inside a box. But ice cream, Ham sandwiches and stuff tends to go bad pretty quick.

Ho ho ho! :santa:

Santa apparently thinks I was good this year, or maybe his eyesight is slipping. But I got a lovely package will get pictures up tonight.

rev

I must say, it has been great to see all the gifts as they arrive. I was happy to see that my recipient got exactly what he wanted.

Well.... Santa has struck me today!!!! And goodness, am I blessed!
img_2014.jpg

img_2015.jpg

img_2016.jpg

A great little note, a beautiful haul of goodies, and most amazingly of all, to follow through with the theme....

ACTUAL STUFFED ALLIGATOR AROUND AN ABALONE SHELL
img_2017.jpg

His home has been firmly established as the center of the coffee table. :D

Full haul is as follows -

010.jpg

A bag of Mac Baren Golden Extra
A bag of Stokkebye Burley
A tin of Wessex Burley Slice
A tin of SG Perfection
A tin of SG Skiff Mixture
A tin of Dan Old Ironsides
A tin of C&D Briar Fox
A tin of Captain Earle's Reflections
A pouch of John Bull Royal English
A Cuba Libre One cigar
A La Aurora cigar
A no wrapper cigar (looks like a maduro and smells tasty!)
A pack of Gin-Gins (ginger candy, absolutely delicious)
A bar of Endangered Species natural dark chocolate with forest mint
A bar of Green & Black's Organic spiced chili dark chocolate
A tin of Blue Diamond wasabi and soy sauce almonds(!)

I cannot even begin to describe how blessed I am to be a part of this community. The kindness of each and every member is something to be in awe of.

Santa, you did a great job! Thank you so much!