Secret Santa 2016

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carlos":6ej21yxf said:
HA!  Santa's elves told me that there are packages on the way.  Keep an eye peeled!

Ho ho Ho!

:santa:
Not sure if we can trust these elves....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Bgv_w5BxqB8" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

No no, not ready........... The spell is not cast............ Let the Hobbit choose the path.............

Secret Santas are starting to be on the way.  Heavy Bombing is being done by some of you.  I know for a fact that some Top Secret Anonymous Bombing is going on.  How they manage to do that, I do not know.  Because my postal people demand a legible return address and they know who I am.  

This just complicates things with packages flying overhead.  One does not know for sure if Santa dumped on them.  Or what!  Be sure to report all!  Pictures help.  That way someone else can speak up and say, "That wasn't Santa, you got torpedoed!"  :lol:

Ho ho ho!

I hope some land soon! I can't wait for the pictures!

Seriously though, this is one of the most generous groups of folks I have ever met! Even if it's 3 tins, you are GIVING to someone your probably haven't ever met in person. It doesn't matter how much you give! It matters that your heart is in the right place! That my friends, is what the holiday spirit is about :)

Look like I'm the first; sorry about no photo, whenever I log into photobucket over the last 2 weeks, I get a popup and a virus notice....

:santa: In any case, my very generous Santa sent: :santa:

Accessories: a Czech pipe tool; a nice tamper; 3 small boxes of matches; and a bag of regular BJ Long pipe cleaners;

5 Cigars (each different): a large one just marked 'rum on its bag; a Herrera Esteli; a San Cristoral; a Bolivar; and an Oliva;

A small straight Willard billiard, just right for smoking ropes;

2 ounces of Spiced Rum and a tin of Sutliff Barbados Plantation.

All contained in a clear plastic cylinder/humidor marked with the Peter Stokkebye label

Thank you again, Secret Santa! :rendeer:

PS -- I shouldn't forget there was a lovely card as well!

I'm heading to the store today to pickup everything I need to make my sweat treats. I should have everything boxed up and ready to ship by the weekend.

Yep, this is the week we need to try and get everything mailed off. I know some of you are waiting on arrivals from retailers. Plenty of time yet. Any difficulties, PM me. I too need to try and come up with something. Ho Ho Ho! :santa:

Santa hit today, and he hit hard.  :rendeer:  :rendeer:  :santa:  :rendeer:  :rendeer:

20161205_182414_zpsyjrnjxnk.jpg

I got:
A Missouri Meerschaum "Cobbit Squire" pipe
A Penn Valley Pipe Shoppe Style 29 clay pipe
Baggies of three Gawith Hoggarth favorites (Kendal Kentucky, Brown Irish Twist, and Rum Twist)
Package of pipe cleaners
Tins of Former's Bird's Eye Flake (new to me!) and Comoy's Cask no. 4
Two different varieties of Bone Suckin' Sauce spice rubs
Carolina Table Salt
Moravian Cookies (chocolate)
Red Bird Peppermint Stick Candy
Two Black Mountain Chocolate bars

Along with a nice card.

Thank you so much, Santa!

I MAY have received a Santa box. Hard to tell as there was no I'd on the box, no mention of Secret Santa or BoB anywhere. No allusion to Christmas even. It might be a gift from a relative or friend...a general bomb from a site member here...or a secret Santa box. No way to tell except for the tracking code, which when investigated deeply indicates the post office where it began its journey.

I'll write up the contents if the head elf (Carlos) agrees that the PO code is a match to the Santa assignment and we should consider it a Santa strike.

:santa: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer:

So...Carlos has agreed that the box I received was almost certainly sent from a Secret Santa.

Inside I discovered:

A Missouri Meerschaum Cobbit Shire pipe,

One opened Peterson Signature Flake tin containing pieces of some unidentified Flake (1 oz) and an unused plastic vacuum bag. (?)

Four small vacuum sealed sample bags of Luxury Twist Flake (1 oz) (a guess), some Daughters & Ryan 3 sails (2oz) and another blend (1oz) (can't make out writing on bag),  and guessing it's GL Pease Haddo's Delight (1oz).

One bag of chocolate drizzled Carmel Corn.

One bag of Reece's Peanut Butter Bells.

My thanks to my Secret Santa.

OMG!  Elves here are running amok. Took all the possibles from my workbench and somehow got 'em into a flat rate box. Then they drugged my hot cocoa and snuck right by me and out the front door while I was snoozing. I have to assume they turned the box into their elf minions at the USPS cause I found a postal receipt on the bench where the stuff was sitting. Crafty little buggers.

Likely a good thing they got it sent earlier than planned as PDX is expecting snow and then freezing rain on Thursday, the planned for ship date. Freezing rain around here is a bona fide nightmare scenario. I'm going to crack open the half gallon of Wild Turkey 101 and make toddies.

So anyway, I'm thinkin' someone out there will see a box hit on Friday.  

Just in case, I sent the tracking code to the head elf.

Ho, ho, ho.

:santa: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer: :rendeer:

Seems my Elf security are slacking these days! A secret "Santa" (we know who the real Santa is) seems to have stealthed below the radar and left a box on my stoop!

There was a nice selection of tobacco inside, the contents are:

1oz bag of each:

Moonshine Pipes Co. XXX blend

Star of the East

Lane Dark Red

McClelland #2000

McClelland #2015

Match Balkan Sobranie Original Mixture

Match Dunhill's BB1938 (RO)

Match Nightcap

Russ' Monthly Blend - Mountain Pass

Scotty's Butternut Burley

There are some new ones to try, and some old friends to enjoy!

Thanks Santa!

Woohoo!  Way to go Santas!  They are on a roll.  Still plenty of time for packages to find their way.  Don't anyone panic yet.  But keep an eye on them bushes along side the porch.  Winter winds been known to tumble them off the porch.

Ho Ho ho!

Lot's of elf activity to report around my place lately...now they're resting, so I assume the work is done. One of them, in an eggnog-induced stupor mentioned something about their job being complete as soon as Prancer gets off his lazy behind so they can get their wares airborne.

USPS in my neck o'the woods has gone over to drone delivery in lieu of fat lazy reindeer. Why? Drones happily work 24/7 off of rechargeable Li-Ion batteries, demand no breaks, no oats, no overtime, no retirement plan, no FICA, no medical insurance...etc., etc., etc. Then of course there's the mounted twin M-60's to ward off those inevitable Christmas pirates. Arrrr!

But that low humming drone sound instead of sleigh bells? It'll take a while to get used to that.

drone-christmas-2.jpg

Great job so far everyone! Can't wait to see what else the elves have been working on ;)