Show us your wood!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Dock, that is one cool pipe man! I have one Christmas pipe myself, a 2003 Stanwell Christmas pipe. I noticed that none of the US E-tailers are offering a 2007 Stanwell Christmas pipe this year. Saw one in a 9mm configuration on a european website but nothing over here, or a sans filter pipe anywhere.

Mine:

Puff Daddy":gkycjkwc said:
Hey Dock, that is one cool pipe man! I have one Christmas pipe myself, a 2003 Stanwell Christmas pipe. I noticed that none of the US E-tailers are offering a 2007 Stanwell Christmas pipe this year. Saw one in a 9mm configuration on a european website but nothing over here, or a sans filter pipe anywhere.

Mine:
PD,
I heard that they're no longer importing the Stanwell pipe of the year/X-Mas pipes.I'm not sure why either? :x

Also,I hold YOU personally resonsible for my new thirst to aquire more & more christmas pipes!!!! :darklord: <Somebody stop me! I'm otta control here>

Best,
Dock
:pipe:

Dock J.Perry":d43hqa3y said:
Also,I hold YOU personally resonsible for my new thirst to aquire more & more christmas pipes!!!! :darklord: <Somebody stop me! I'm otta control here> :pipe:

:twisted: :p :darklord: :poncho:

pipemaker2":zf3tydt8 said:
Sorry, I couldn't resist

wood.jpg

Mike
Mike!!!!!!!! You have got to be kidding! Your son is going to have to start carving or either you are opening a production shop!

][url=https://servimg.com/view/11821189/2]https://servimg.com/view/11821189/2[/url]
[/img
here is my newest pipe it is a larry faulkner cutty sand blasted pipe, it is easy to tell larry brings the same attention to detail from his tamper making into his pipe making, it is a great pipe

Carlos":oz298qs9 said:
Nice wood! :)
Yeah, Mike said with that much wood he will be able to carve everyone on the board a Christmas pipe! :cyclops:

jhuggett":zmnnokq5 said:
Very nice! Especially considering the GFO price huh?
Not the highest grade of Tinsky's work but definitely a steal at that price! It is a very beautiful piece.

Thought I would show off another rusticated beauty.

This pipe was skillfully crafted by Mike Brissett and in my opinion is the best rustication that I have ever seen on a pipe. The rustication almost gives the appearance of a deep craggy sandblast. I call this the Brissett Unusual Rusticated Bent Dublin. It smokes like a dream!

BrissettDublin1.jpg

BrissettDublin2.jpg

I couldn't resist posting this one!

A fellow member of our pipe club (TAPS) and friend gave me this pipe this morning as sort of a New Year's gift. This is a Jobey Pipe of the Year A. I don't know much about them so I don't know if the A is the grade of the pipe but it has the most outstanding cross grain on the front and top of the pipe and an unbelievable birds eye on both sides. My camera is only 1.3 pixels so it really doesn't do the pipe justice.

Jobey1.jpg

Jobey2.jpg

Jobey3.jpg

That 1950 GBD Rhodesian has some wonderful lines.

On my recent trip to Lawrenceville, GA, Mom took me to one of the local Antique malls. I found several GBD's and picked up a Concorde 9438. It too has wonderful lines. But I am afraid the bit may need replaced. It's a bit loose and well worn. But I still love that shape.

Mark,

That's a beautiful looking pipe.
It's hard to beat that combination of grain and birdseye.

Mike