Show us your wood!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Puff Daddy":sgfb9cmu said:
That is a gorgeous 120 Mark! :D
Thanks PD! That is my very first Dunhill. I could not pass up the deal that I was able to get on that pipe! I have never really ever had an interest in Dunhills until I recently got into the classic billiard shapes, particularly the bent billiards. I now see the appreciation so many have for Dunhills. That pipe is amazing!

I hope be acquire a similar shaped pre-trans Barling someday.

Carlos,

I really, really, really like that tan blasted Crosby Freehand!!!

Justpipes":cjtt5pcg said:
Carlos,

I really, really, really like that tan blasted Crosby Freehand!!!

I do too. I think I gave John a good laugh at how fast I responded to his broadcast email about it's availability. Then immediately called him, thinking that the email might be slow. :D

Carlos":lz6iehkq said:
The light does not show the rustication of this Mike Brissett well. But it's very, very nice.

brissett.jpg

brissett1.jpg
Carlos,

That is an amazing pipe! If you ever tire of that Brissett please make sure that I am the first person that you contact for a sale or trade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I too am a big fan of cumberland stems.

Nice Brissett (sorta looks like mine, wonder if thats the one i asked him to fashion mine after? )but what drew my eye was the tinnage.... Ol' Outhouse??? Whats that?
Think we need a Show us your Tins thread.

I don't remember how long I have had that pipe. Maybe Mike can tell you. 2004 possibly. Very light in the mouth. The bowl isn't that large, but is plenty big for stronger blends.

I was wondering when someone was gonna say something about the background and tins. :lol: The tins are hiding clutter. There is a Kenwood TS850SAT tricked out with all the filters I can stuff in it. A Yaesu FT650. A Yaesu 2meter rig. A HAL RTTY interface. Nearly 60 open tins and jars. Not to mention other stuff, pipes etc all over that desk. And the computer.

Ol' Outhouse by C&D was a limited edition I think. It's quite stout and has a peculiar smell. It is aptly named. A good smoke. One of Mike in AZ top 5, I think. When Knox moved, they found several older tins of stuff. I bought them all while I was there and that's one of them. :D

puros_bran":rr1wxerp said:
Hell maybe I need to start a show us your radios thread... :lol:
PB, what type of radios are you talking about? I've got vintage tube receivers and short wave radios and various vintage stereo gear. I might have to break out the camera....

I was specificaly refering to the ham gear Carlos hides with tins, but that stuff sound cool to. :D

puros_bran":v79y4gbd said:
I was specificaly refering to the ham gear Carlos hides with tins, but that stuff sound cool to. :D
The only thing I have like that is a really old Lafayette Comstat 19 CB Base Station. Last summer I rigged a make shift antenna attached to my backyard clothesline and was able to pick up a few passing truckers. Very cool.

Not exactly new pipes, but...

2176954319_bd939393b9.jpg

This old Stanwell is one of Sixten Ivarsson's shapes, and given its age, it may actually have been made by him. It was given to me by a friend who chewed on them as much as he smoked them. The original stem was long gone, and the replacement twin-bore's end had been eaten for lunch. The finish was abused pretty badly, and there were other little problems. I sent it off to PSPR&R for a complete package, including a new acrylic stem, cut to match the original based on a photo sent to me by a friend who collects old Stanwells.

Needless to say, George did his usual excellent job. He took out some dings, corrected some damage to the top, cleaned up the finish, and worked his cleaning magic. The pipe is now back home, and it smokes superbly. The "rejuvenation" really works.

That is a nice looking pipe Greg. The photo reveals some really nice birds eye. I really like a nice birds eye on a pipe!

This is one of my "go to" pipes. A fine smoking instrument.

Luciano sandblasted dublin. Luciano was a higher grade line made in the Brebbia factory that was named after the founders son. To my knowledge they no longer stamp any pipes under that name. This is a beautiful pipe that exhibits and nice ring blast all the way around the bowl revealing a nice straight grain underneath. Notice the beautiful briar/brass inlayed stem.

Luciano1.jpg

Luciano2.jpg

Lovely blast. There's nothing like a great sandblast! If I had to choose one and only one finish, it would probably be the one.

Here is another pipe from my humble collection that I am carrying with me today.

Rinaldo Lithos Titania YYY Silver Line - The Titania designation for this pipe is very appropriate as this is one huge piece of briar. Though it is a huge piece of wood it is very well balanced and can be clinched. This pipe is has very thick walls and is a smoking machine. To be a full bend it smokes very dry.

Rinaldo1.jpg

Rinaldo2.jpg

Rinaldo3.jpg

I'd have to say these are my favorite five...

Jim Cooke
IMG_3085.jpg

Michael Parks
IMG_3001.jpg

Walt Cannoy
IMG_2999.jpg

Kurt Balleby OO
IMG_3319.jpg

Paul Bonaquisti
IMG_3161.jpg

Best,
Dock
:pipe:

Interesting. How hard is that bit on the Cooke? I know he makes his own. But are they as hard to the tooth as other acrylics?