Show us your wood!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carlos":r1eni7xa said:
Interesting. How hard is that bit on the Cooke? I know he makes his own. But are they as hard to the tooth as other acrylics?
Carlos,
I tend to "palm" it due to it's size and weight... It's not a clencher that's for sure :lol:
Best,
Dock
:pipe:

Here's a few more of my favs:

Ed Burak
IMG_3105.jpg

Rolando Negoita
IMG_3086.jpg

Michael Lidner
IMG_2995.jpg

Michael Parks
IMG_3010.jpg

Larry Roush
IMG_2991.jpg

Best,
Dock
:pipe:

Nice looking wood guys!

How old is that Dunhill Jason? I really like that shape.

pipemaker":fxxiy7t1 said:
Here's one that I carved for myself.
3102.jpg

Mike
WOW! That is awesome Mike! I thought I saw one similar to that on your website.

I don't know if you remember that old Preben Holm that I had that looked similar to it. About the only difference was the Holm was blasted. Unfortunately I traded it at a club meeting.

Here is one that I am carrying with me today for a little VA diversion. This is another Mike Brissett masterpiece. Full bent sitter, half saddle stem with a boxwood shank trim. Notice the interesting plateau bottom. This is a very fine smoking pipe that despite the full bend smokes incredibly dry. This is just another fine example of Brissett's craftsmanship!

BrissettSitter1.jpg

BrissettSitter2.jpg

BrissettSitter3.jpg

Here is a pipe that I am carrying with me today. A giant Bjarne sand blasted kind of Canadian style slightly bent brandy. This pipe could easily be a 1 hour+ smoke and it is a fine smoker with very thick walls and a 1" tobacco chamber. I have sort of dedicated this pipe to Original Rum and Maple.

GiaBjarne1.jpg

GiaBjarne2.jpg

GiaBjarne3.jpg

Believe it or not Carlos there are a couple of places in the facility that I can get away with it. Our facility was originally designed to be a smoker friendly facility.

Just don't tell anyone.......he, he, he.....
:roll: :D

This Castello #10 is the twelfth in my little collection of the shape. I'd originally seen it on Luca's site (NeatPipes.com), but by the time I decided to bite the bullet and pull the trigger, it had been sold. Lucky for me, the new owner decided he didn't want it, after all, and sent it to Mike Glukler (briarblues.com), so I was able to get it. I've smoked it eight times, nothing but Maltese Falcon, in the few days I've had it, and it's great. I love the blast, and the natural finish is darkening beautifully with every bowl.

That reminds me. It's time to get a box of stuff ready to send up to Mike. I've got to pay for this thing. ;)

2229534598_c31a68a1dc.jpg

That pipe seems quite unique for a Castello. Not sure if it's how deep the blast is or what. What ever it is I love it.