Sixth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass for 2009

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remember to stretch before lifting heavy objects,,,,

Very nice play Jeff.

Man I just looked at the list to see who was next after Dave. And I am. I was not really expecting it til August or Sept. Ol' Babs sure is on the move. So does that mean that I get to keep Babs till Sept 11 when the list says I have to mail it back to Mike :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

eggman":3gteso3l said:
So does that mean that I get to keep Babs till Sept 11 when the list says I have to mail it back to Mike :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:
Nice try Eggman!!!

:lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

Well Babs has landed. I am getting ready to leave the office and dig into it if I can lift it. Looking forward to this as it is my first participation in a box pass. :bounce: :study:

This box is incredible. I spent almost 2 hours sniffing and sorting for those I wanted to sample. The selection is overwhelming. I was also very pleasantly surprised to see a tin of Dunhill EMP for trade. This was a tobacco I never bought when it was available and when I finally developed a taste for English blends it wasn't available anymore. So now I have at least a preliminary plan of attack. There are only 2 flakes left of the University Flake so Eggman and Mike be aware that it will all be gone and not in the box. Standby Eggman. This time next week you will be having the same fun I am having this week. Thanks again to Mike for spearheading this great experience and to all of the Brothers for your participation and generouslity and most of all for allowing the experience of my first box pass to be so grand. :)

Hey Dave, Take your time and enjoy. The first pass I was in I tried to sample everything in the box I could. Ended up burning my tongue and mouth so bad I could not taste anything for several days.

Man! What an experience. I am finally almost done. First off the selection for sampling and trade is tremendous. I finally got a chance to taste some tobaccos that sounded interesting to me from reviews but that I had not purchased. I will be packing the box up tomorrow night (Thursday) for mailing on Friday. Will post the shipping and confirmation number as soon as I get it. So here goes.

PUTS

GLP Union Square
C&D Sunday Picnic

For sampling:
4Noggins Jesse's Own
Condor Flake
Seattle Pipe Club Plum Pudding

Cigars: Don Tomas Maduro
Torano Virtuoso
Indian Tabac Maduro
Gispert Maduro
Puros Indios Viejo

TAKES

Dunhill Light Flake
Dunhill EMP

SAMPLED

SHPC Va Cake, Low Country Santee, McCranie's Red Ribbon,
SHPC Great Hiatus, GLP Key Largo,
H&H Old Tartan, ERR,
Peretti D9575, Peterson University Flake.

Of all the samples the two that impressed me the most were SHPC Great Hiatus and ERR. I have never tasted Dunhill's 965 from either Murray or Lane or Orlik but if it tasted as good as the Great Hiatus I understand why so many folks lament its loss. The ERR just reminded me of the earth and really straightforward and delicious.

Thanks again to all who participated and for the wonderful tobaccos in the box. A real kudos to Mike for coordinating this and making this my first box pass experience a truly grand one. Standby for a treat Eggman.

Dave

Great Pass Dave, but as a reminder you can keep the box for seven days for sampling and enjoying. Of course I'm sure the Eggman is waiting with baited breath.......... :lol!: Again, great job on your first pass.

On the way to you Eggman. Priority Mail Confirmation number is 03073330000011522408. I also insured the package. You may have to have someone sign for it. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. :D

Attention Houston the Eagle has laned!

Got sent home early to day for lack of work. 30 min. after I got home I heard a knock on the door. The mail man had a box and a piece of paper for me to sign. My hero. So I sat it in a chair accross the room and tried to finish watching the show that I was into. I made it about 20 mins. Could not stand it longer and just had to open it. There is ALOT of tobacco in the box. I thought last years was great but this one has many blends that I have wanted to try. Some great snuff in the box already tried 2 of those. I love that stuff. I sure am glad this is a holiday weekend. Anyway I will check back in later to give more updates.