SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blackhorse":e5585593 said:
Yes...smoking more and sharing lots and lots with others. And I'm not sayin' you don't.

Odd, I find that the more I share, the better the bowls that I smoke taste.
agreed!

Yeah...I'd guess if I let that ethic just sit out there that each one of you guys would eventually chime in with an, AMEN!...or you wouldn't all be doing this.

I can't tell you guys how much it means to find a ragtag bunch of totally disreputable characters like this...cruel and evil...loyal to an ethic that puts others ahead of you...able to enjoy sharing the pain and horror of another as they discover they just won the tobacco lottery.

Yeah, you chumps are gold. I'm proud of each and every one of you.

I think Fish needs to create a "golden chump" icon that we can all put in our signature. :p

I thought there was only one bomb to disarm. I carefully started to clip wires and poke fuses.

MNBl6ft.jpg

Darn it. There were two bombs inside the one bomb - all sneaky like.

0JoIt9v.jpg

1 oz bag of Altadis Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match
1 oz bag of Samuel Gawith Christmas Mixture (2011)
.5 oz bag of Peter Stokkebye Luxury Twist Flake
.5 oz bag of Peterson University Flake
1.5 oz bag of Cigar Connoisseur Elizabethan Mixture
1.5 oz tin of Sutliffe Tobacco Company R-Blend Smoking Mixture
50g tin of Wessex Brigade Campaign Dark Flake
100g brick o' Wessex Gold Brick
50g tin of McClelland Grand Orientals Classic Samsun (2007)
Two very nice notes.

After two days, I've had a little over 4 pounds of baccy dropped on me. Holy shnikes!

Rob_In_MO":t55ij18h said:
Blackhorse":t55ij18h said:
Yeah, you chumps are gold. I'm proud of each and every one of you.
Well Crap, here comes Kyle's group hug nonsense... :x
I hope you all don't still smell like gravy!

OK - I take it all back. You're all just a bunch of morons!

No freaking hugging. I don't hug!

No more badges. We don't need no stinking badges!

Four more pounds of tobacco would be OK though.

Big Ba Da Boom
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/j8WLYzA0lCs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Two things:

1) I almost made a comment about Milla Jovovich when I posted the initial BaDaBoom thing.

2) Looks like P&C has QUITE a few on and off Gawith blends in right now. Including you know what. Just sayin'.

It's really beautiful to see my contribution hit home :twisted: Congratulations to both victims, well deserved hits you both got there!

Hm. I wonder if we are all a special breed of sadist?

Blackhorse":st8hptms said:
THEN - the REAL game begins...once we have the winning names for the drink...we will entertain submissions of actual recipes to go with the names! Each of the three winning names will be assigned a specific spirit. Potential examples might be that the 1st place winner would be a drink using Tequilla, the second place winner would use Vodka (slightly better) and number three would use Rum.
I've just skim-read the thread and this is from the last reference I can find to the drink recipe competition rules, are we to take the potential example spirit categories as set now, or might the required spirit change? And are we to find out which names got first second and third?

Winners of the name aspect of the contest to be made later this morning (US Pacific time) , along with ingredient matching requirements for phase two, being the recipe part. Complete rules will be posted here so all the lawyers in the Squadron can start picking it apart.

Now now, I only wanted to know if I should start mixing ingredients or not, I'm sure nobody will poke any holes in anything. You're so cynical.

(Ready with the PM's boys)

gravel":c20it8cx said:
I thought there was only one bomb to disarm. I carefully started to clip wires and poke fuses.
Darn it. There were two bombs inside the one bomb - all sneaky like.
Win! :cheers:

gravel":c20it8cx said:
After two days, I've had a little over 4 pounds of baccy dropped on me. Holy shnikes!
Yeah, don't you just hate it when that happens. :lol:

And the winners of the first annual SuperBowl Blood and Napalm Drink Naming Contest are:

First Place: somedumbjerk – Sad Charlie

Second Place: Kaiser83 – Angry Republican

Third Place: Scotties22 – Red Dawn

So now...

...the REAL game begins...we have the winning names for the drink...so we will entertain submissions of actual recipes to go with the names! Each of the three winning names will be assigned a specific spirit.

Specific judged aspects of each submitted recipe (5 points for each catagory) will be:

1. how good it tastes,
2. how well in compliments one of 5 announced pipe blends (choose from the following: FVF, Stonehaven, Stormfront, Haddo's Delight or one of your own choosing...and if I don't have any I'm come as close as I can).
5. the cost of ingredients, cheaper being better
4. how easy it is to make...no exotic ingredients or hard to find elements,
5. that it is unique and not an 'old standard'.

That's 25 total points

It can be either standard strength or super strength in terms of alcohol used. Like a one-shot Bloody Mary would be standard and a Long Island Iced Tea would be super strength.

It can be either hot or cold. It should not be a punch or made by the pitcher...these are single, individual drinks only.

The deadline for submissions is Monday, Feb. 11th...with a massive point bonus for submissions received earlier. In fact, there will be a one point per day bonus for each day early it is received...maximum 10 points.

Here' the spirit assignment:

Sad Charlie - Whiskey (I caved)

Angry Republican - Vodka

Red Dawn - Rum

Keep in mind that for judging I can go out and buy bizzaro specialty alcoholic stuff...like Spiced Dark Island Rum or Single Malt Scotch
whisky. I'll be getting a regular Vodka, some Amber Rum (the do-all) and regular bourbon)...so design your recipes around that concept.

Also - if I get a recipe that's like - 1 oz. Vodka, 1 oz. Ammaretto, 1 oz. Drambuie...I'll only have the Vodka to work with...Kapeesh? Different mixers are OK.

You can submit a recipe for one or all of the above drinks...and the drink needs to be RED! DUH!!! (red-ish is OK and incurs no penalty)

This can be accomplished with red food coloring if necessary, but that's not as good as via natural ingredients ...like Tia Maria!

Of course, I'm making this up as I go (typical) and can adjust thngs if needed. But let's try to keep this simple.