SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a very worthy looking little Pete there, classic lines. I'll bet that Solani burns like a champ in it.

That kaiser...he be one crazy good man you betcha. NO ONE is safe while he's around. It's really quite an excellent situation. lol

Blackhorse":7iwzxrex said:
That's a very worthy looking little Pete there, classic lines. I'll bet that Solani burns like a champ in it.
Brilliant. I was just pondering what would be best served in this tiny little Pete.

Sweet pete. Good on ya kaiser for sharing that pete love. :cheers:

Blackhorse":2rp14xa5 said:

That kaiser...he be one crazy good man you betcha. NO ONE is safe while he's around. It's really quite an excellent situation. lol
Hopefully it won't burn through like mine did :roll:

H'mm a small but suspecious box, mailed on Jan 28th, so I presume it might have been part of this, rather than a random bombing? (I thought at first my burned-out Peterson might have been mailed back!) Either way, two nice-sized samples (Storm Front and Bob's Chocolate Flake) and a mid-sized non-MM cob. Thank you, either way!

"T"

Without confusion and mayhem what would we be? Gotta love the stray bombs a flying. :cheers:

So many bombs, so little time.

FYI: Stand at the ready. New Squadron Mission for February to be announced Monday the 11th (if not sooner).

Expect bombing date to be the last day of the month (the 28th for those that somehow missed the 3rd grade).

Think about this. There are two remaining 'holidays' in February. One is Valentine's Day. The other is about past chief executive officers of the USA. The second one of those two...well, let's just say that it would be extremely foolish to start using the kind of language we do in conjunction with the "P" word that goes with holiday number two. You know...visions of laptops melting before our eyes right on the kitchen table...homeland black ops troopers belaying down their wires into the TV room...bullets spraying through the bathroom walls and wanging off down the street into the neighbors...blood...napalm...you know the drill.

Very Phillip K Dick.

So anyway...the theme will be tied to the former as opposed to the latter.

I'm thinkin'... Run you fool! RUN!

(well, I DID use red)

Blackhorse":nvjpt3tp said:
I'm thinkin'... Run you fool! RUN!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/meOCdyS7ORE" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8)

ummmm gandalf says fly you fools not run you fools

get it right

rev

I think he might say both. Both were certainly needed.

And yes, the sourcing has been correctly tagged.

(you know, I didn't know that Middle Earth was resident to the Star Wars universe...but in fiction anything is possible I guess)

Well they do have magic in star wars and it is a time long long ago. :scratch:

the rev":mpahdrnb said:
ummmm gandalf says fly you fools not run you fools

get it right

rev
I think he says run in the new one. Can't find a clip for proof quite yet.

Oh, and this:

What does Gandalf say to the Fellowship as he hangs onto the ledge?

He says, "Fly, you fools!" Turning on the closed captions or subtitles reveals the line, which is also in the book. In older English, "fly" is an imperative version (meaning, when you're ordering someone to do something) of the word "flee". During the original theatrical release, Gandalf's line was modernized to "Run, you fools!" However, when the DVD was released, the line was changed to more faithfully reflect the novel.

Entry for the vodka category:

dscf1915t.jpg
I know I'm risking losing some man points, but I prefer refreshing drinks rather than hard hitting ones. So:

Fill a glass with ice
A splash of grenadine
one part fresh raspberry juice
Mix or shake one part vodka with three parts apple juice and one part ginger ale until the CO2 is removed
Top up glass with the mixture, pouring gently so it remains layered with the raspberry juice at the bottom. It should end up going from a deep red to a fiery amber.