SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blackhorse":4k2coabm said:
Four more pounds of tobacco would be OK though.
I spent a good part of the afternoon putting some of that baccy into jars. Some sample sized stuff was stored together in a bail top jar - still in individual baggies.

red dawn

1 shot of bacardi 151
1 shot of blended marachino cherries

rev

Might loose points because of the blood orange but here goes
Sad Charlie

Two ounces bulliet rye
One ounce cinzano Rossi vermouth
Small lump brown sugar
Dash of angustora bitters
Blood orange juice and slice of rind if availible.

Place brown sugar in bottom of rocks glass
Add dash of bitters
Add bourbon and vermouth, muddle
Add blood orange juice, and ice if needed. If you have the orange rind, bend it in half until it snaps and rub the snapped part on the tin of the glass. I recommend light on the orange juice, 2oz tops. Top with club soda or just add ice if you want it weaker.

Oh and if you are using the blood orange Italian soda from trader joes or whatever, you may not want the sugar. It looses some depth without it but the soda is already sweetened. I guess you could go lighter on the vermouth.

OK...I'll do this ONCE.

If you guys read the text of the contest thing I specifically said that I would not be able to use specific brands, supplemental liquors, etc. The first recipe called for 151, the second for a specific brand of Vermouth...not to mention the comment about a specific brand of 'Blood Orange Juice'.

Here's the thing. I can't afford to go out and start buying this stuff. Not even close! What I said was that I would get a bottle of whiskey, one of Vodka and one Amber Rum (that one intending to be a catch all, between light and dark).

Interestingly enough I already have one bro sending me a bottle of Gentleman Jack, for his recipe I assume...unasked for. So if any of you lot want specific brands, etc. to be used I'll provide you with my shipping address...otherwise, write your recipe with the appropriate generic designations... vodka, rum, etc. Mixers I can handle, within reason, but not a second and third kind of alcoholic liquid...like the Cinzano, etc.

Questions?

Look out guys, he's been drinking! :D

I have a recipe, but I'll have to post it in a couple of days, I'm still working on something.

I'll look forward to getting it.

I've got a recipe that I love as an after dinner sip...but I couldn't submit it because it's 'equal amounts of Scotch and Amaretto, on the rocks'. See? The Amaretto kills it as that adds a second liquor.

I've got another favorite that's 'two fingers of Dark Rum in a tumbler full of ice cubes, then add Ginger Beer (which is just strong Ginger Ale) to the top. If that one was submitted I' d just use the Amber Rum and it would be similar but not identical to the intended outcome.

Things like the following are not a problem: simple syrup, Grenadine, bitters, various fruit juices, sodas, the cherries, wedges/twists of this or that fruit (no, I I will not cut a coconut in two and put little umbrellas in it), I do have Vermouth on hand, various shapes and sizes of most bar glasses should be no problem as my wife is a breaker and we've collected a huge number of singles over the years. I can also do ice...in nearly any form...except maybe 'shave ice' - OH! That just made me think...I wonder what a Tia Maria shave ice would be like...or a Tia Maria Italian Soda?

Angry Republican? Six ounces of your favorite red-tinted European fruit soda; two shots of vodka (actual Russian vodka would make the Republican angrier, but feel free to lie like a congressman about that if you substitute); a dash of bitters. Stir with a dried Mexican chili (illegally imported if possible) -- arbol will likely make the Republican very angry if you leave it in too long; you can subtitute something milder if you like the Republican.

Serve in a glass with an image of Obama or a Clinton to insure maximum anger.

... Blood oranges are a specific type of orange.

I'll rework. It would help to know what kind of whiskey you have. Bourbon, rye, Irish, scotch. They all taste different.

Somedumbjerk - yes dear, I know what blood oranges are...and that different spirits taste different. Certainly, even among the standard divisions there are vast differences. It's one reason I thought if I hit on a standard garden variety pick it would help the mix logistics. And I think I did specify 'bourbon' at one point.

Bourbon...Amber Rum...Vodka.. The standards.

Angry Republican

(empty your house of all vices - turn on msnbc - stew)

you can use any kind of rum you want, plus blended cherries. Its just that a stronger rum would offset the sweet. I don't really understand the contest anyways. But my drink is awesome, yay me

rev

I put away the flak cannon because I though we were done here. I was wrong...so very wrong.

Two more packages arrived over the weekend.
2013-016.jpg

And Kaiser, having taken great "offense" to my gibes about Peterson when last he was in Portland, decided to call my bluff, and force me to demonstrate my true feelings for the brand.
2013-017.jpg

Outstanding work again. We are truly blessed to have such generous compatriots.

Awesome. Between the tin of Silver Flake and the 16oz sack of Luxury Balkan you're one lucky dude. I especially appreciate the fact that your Pete has a fishtail and not a P-lip.

Down with the P-lip, hiss, hiss. :p